Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2008   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don't jump ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Don't let that 1 point loss fool you- they got seriously outplayed in the first half when it was 1's vs. 1's.
Last season our 1's completely ruined the Cowboy's 1's. It's preseason and nobody on messageboards really know how much gameplanning and preparation actually went into a preseason game.

I think the coaches are becoming better at mid-game adjustments, confirm/deny?
Old 08-25-2008   #22
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

If I jump ship I will break both feet, ankles, knees and hips.

I'm 150 miles from the nearest ocean, (or gulf).

Guess I will just stay the course, tighten up my vest, and sink or swim with our team...

Old 08-25-2008   #23
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I will never jump ship. I might be prone to being upset and trashing certain players or whatever, but the Texans are my team, good, bad or indifferent, I am with the Texans all the way.

I was an Oiler fan from high school in the late 60s until they left. If I can handle that, I can handle the Texans. LOL
I have to DITTO Thorns post. Never crossed my mind to jump ship, and never will. Been around Houston football since the Oilers first game at the old Jeppesen stadium in 1960. I remember sitting on those old wooden bleachers, drinking a soda I think I paid a quarter for, and falling head over heels in love with George Blanda! The Oilers were part of my history!! The TEXANS are my future!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud jumps ships, I stay on board.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone said sink or swim ... Screw that I am either sailing the 7 seas or I am going down with the ship.

For me it is live or die nothing else.

Last edited by Specnatz; 08-25-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #26
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a question of jumping ship. We're all very impressed with the cannons, the captain is looking good and the crew is mostly at full strength. The problem is the hull is made of balsa wood and with one small hit we'll be leaking water so fast that we won't be able to attack the pirates while bailing out the water.

Arrrgghh.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #27
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
It's not a question of jumping ship. We're all very impressed with the cannons, the captain is looking good and the crew is mostly at full strength. The problem is the hull is made of balsa wood and with one small hit we'll be leaking water so fast that we won't be able to attack the pirates while bailing out the water.

Arrrgghh.
Huh????

I think any Texans fan crazy enough to end up on this board is pretty committed.

I laugh and shake my head at how angst ridden some of the posters get on here during games (especially preseason games), I don't however confuse blind passion for disloyalty.

I like the rest of you will support the Texans (from afar) to the bitter end, mine not theirs, and hopefully hand on a legacy of Texans fanhood onto my son, and his son, and his son's son, and so forth into time immemorial.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2008   #28
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here til the end as well...Texans forever, no ifs ands or buts. I feel better now than I did three years ago, tell you that much.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #29
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Huh????
It's like a joke, but not as funny.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not jumping ship to point out the leaks.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #31
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I just realized that this could also be read as an imperative for crazy obsessed fans to not jump on Marcell.

DO NOT JUMP SHIPP!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #32
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You know, I just realized that this could also be read as an imperative for crazy obsessed fans to not jump on Marcell.

DO NOT JUMP SHIPP!
I too thought this was going to be a Marcel Shipp thread.

How disappointed I was to find that it was a place for us poor desperate Texans fans to plead our undying love (of the team that is).
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #33
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yeah, but did you cry when Leonardo died? I did.
Leonardo DiCarrprio?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is going to get hurt Week 1 maybe on the first play or by the half i just know it i have that feeling

THen he will miss most of the season and be cut then retire i can predecit the future
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Not an option.
Old 08-26-2008   #36
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
If I can brave a 2-14 season, I think I can handle a 1pt. loss to the Cowputas.
My thoughts exactly
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

thought this was a Marcel C. Shipp thread

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Someone said sink or swim ... Screw that I am either sailing the 7 seas or I am going down with the ship.

For me it is live or die nothing else.
"I thought that they were angels but much to my surprise, they jumped aboard the mother ship and sang..Come sail away. Come sail away. Come sail away with me." Styx

"If you are gonna dream, dream big!" 1BADBOY
Old 08-26-2008   #39
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's not jumping ship to point out the leaks.
Theres a difference between pointing out leaks and what we've got going on here. A little water on the deck might just mean its raining, after all
Old 08-26-2008   #40
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its preseason. Don't give up on the team already. We aren't going to be making any major coaching changes or personnel changes at this point in the season. Kubiak has said many times that he likes guys who go through camp with him.

If we start out 0-4, 1-3, etc. Don't give up. We have a tough opening schedule and a new offensive scheme. It'll take some time.

If Greenwood, Weaver, Reeves, or Green are getting significant playing time, its because they give us the best chance to win. I trust Kubiak. He hasn't given me reason to doubt him yet.

Keep the faith people. Many of you sound like you're already looking ahead to 2009 before 08 even begins. I personally think we have a very good team this year.
I'm with you gtex....put lipstick on the pigs and load up the wagons. We're a heck of a lot better off than we were three seasons ago. Anything can happen. Go through the fires and we can't help but to get better. Watching this young team grow up is going to be fun the next couple of years. Everyone is eager for a play off push....and it still can happen. Just got to have some guys grow up quicker than they would liked and get some breaks. We got depth and we're young. Got some play makers... knock a couple off early anything is still possible.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-26-2008 at 02:23 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read