Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-25-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin TV for Bucs/Texans pre-season

EDIT - UPDATE - CW Austin is NOT showing the Bucs/Texans game. Far as I know, the game will not be shown anywhere on TV in Austin.

Back before pre-season when I emailed KNVA to find out if it was true they were going to show the Texans pre-season games, the person who replied told me they would in fact be showing the first two games. Nothing was said about this Thursday's game, however. So I wasn't sure if our great Austin fans would be able to watch.

I emailed the station today for a follow-up, and I got this confusing reply:

Quote:
We have an NFL game this Thursday the 28th of August, teams are as follows: Jacksonville @ Washington , it airs from 6-9p!
Keep in mind this wasn't necessarily a programming person at the station... rather a person who responds to viewer comments... they may not have an in-depth knowledge of the station's specific programming. But I did reply and asked for clarification/notification if something changes or if their initial email ends up being erroneous.

I'll update here if I hear any new info.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 08-25-2008 at 02:38 PM.
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin TV for Bucs/Texans pre-season

Hm. I guess the Austin CW is affiliated with NBC, because she was referring to the NBC broadcast of that Skins/Jags game. I asked for clarification, and I made it clear I was talking about the Austin CW affiliate, not the local NBC affiliate... so again, if I hear anything new - (or you know, if one of you guys know what's up) I'll post it.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-25-2008   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

That game is listed on NBC but nothing on the CW as of yet.
Old 08-25-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Okay - I heard back after I asked for clarification.

First of all - KXAN (NBC) and KVAN (CW) are both run out of the same place in Austin, so they do in fact answer emails for both networks in Austin, so that bit of confusion is now clear.

Next - the Texans / Bucs game will not be shown on CW this week, so as far as I know, thus far there is no TV for the game in Austin.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-25-2008   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang that sux. I mean, it's not like that Jags game is anything anyone in Austin wants to see either.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Okay - I heard back after I asked for clarification.

First of all - KXAN (NBC) and KVAN (CW) are both run out of the same place in Austin, so they do in fact answer emails for both networks in Austin, so that bit of confusion is now clear.

Next - the Texans / Bucs game will not be shown on CW this week, so as far as I know, thus far there is no TV for the game in Austin.
This sucks, on top of this the cowpies are on cbs on thursday at 7.

How can NBC show the jags/redskins over the Texans?
Old 08-25-2008   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Well, NBC has no choice. It's a national TV game, and they don't do regional coverage. They don't have the option to show any game aside from Jags/'Skins.

To show the pre-season stuff - a network affiliate in Austin would have to make a deal with the Texans pre-season network or whatever it's called. I guess KNVA thought it was worth it for the first two games, but not the last. Apparently neither Schaub or Rosenfels are even going to play Thursday. Maybe they figured the cost wouldn't be worth it ratings-wise.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2008   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm sure we're not missing much
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they showed the 4th game os pre-season last year? I know they didn't show it the year before that. It really doesn't matter to me, because half the players that plays that game will be cut by Saturday. Kubiak gonna give them some time to impress other coaches, nothing special to watch.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

if anyone wants to go to the game i'm selling my two tickets. sec.636 row C 11 &12 and a parking pass Orange lot. I dunno. $50 total for both tickets and the pass. Any takers?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Did they showed the 4th game os pre-season last year? I know they didn't show it the year before that. It really doesn't matter to me, because half the players that plays that game will be cut by Saturday. Kubiak gonna give them some time to impress other coaches, nothing special to watch.
They did show the game last year. It was on an HD channel though.

Will it be on the radio though?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So does anyone know if the game will be streamed live anywhere over the net.

www.channelsurfing.net maybe?
Old 08-26-2008   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure how cedible this is but on the main saite there is a post by Nick, I think , and he says that the game is on CW 54 here , and they are moving it to CW in Htown due to the convention.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Not sure how cedible this is but on the main saite there is a post by Nick, I think , and he says that the game is on CW 54 here , and they are moving it to CW in Htown due to the convention.
I just saw the commercial for it on the local CW 39 here in H-town. I will be at the game but I always record it and did not know 'til a few moments ago that ABC 13 was not carrying it and that it had been moved to CW 39.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have NFLN they are re-running it Friday morning at 8:00am Central and then again Sunday at 9:00am Central. Set yours or your friend's DVR accordingly.
Old 08-26-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Weird. I've been assured by CW Austin that they are NOT showing the game. I sent them the link to Nick's post on the other board. We'll see what they say.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-27-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I heard back from KNVA CW Austin - their General Manager says they will NOT be airing the game. Bummer, but I do appreciate CW picking up the first two games.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-27-2008   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I heard back from KNVA CW Austin - their General Manager says they will NOT be airing the game. Bummer, but I do appreciate CW picking up the first two games.
Actually .. I am more in the line they can kiss my ass. Total crap that they will show a team besides the one in our home state? I say that is crap.
Old 08-27-2008   #19
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually .. I am more in the line they can kiss my ass. Total crap that they will show a team besides the one in our home state? I say that is crap.
Wow. That's sorta like someone giving homeless people food instead of money, and the homeless person throws the food back into the givers face because he wanted money. When you ain't got crap, then be grateful with whatever you get.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Wow. That's sorta like someone giving homeless people food instead of money, and the homeless person throws the food back into the givers face because he wanted money. When you ain't got crap, then be grateful with whatever you get.
NO it is more like what we here in Austin have been dealing with for two years. Well the titans have a bye week so we will show the Texans. Then to look at ratings they will compare titans vs Colts to Texans vs Raiders and say well the rating were better for the titans.

If it is inevitable just sit back and enjoy it right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read