Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-31-2004   #21
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Curtis Enis, was drafted with the 4th pick by the Chicago Bears, let's see 98 or 99. I watched the draft. He was suppose to be real good, but after a yr or two. You never heard from him again. He retired at the age of 24 I think. I wouldn't call him a bust, he just never really played.
I heard the Jags actually tried to trade up for him... but we ending up getting Fred Taylor.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004   #22
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
In my mind Manning had a right to not want to go to the Chargers. I'd do the same thing if my career was on the line. Let's not forget about all the great players in football and other sports that pouted and didn't want to go to a certain team.
And they're all just as wrong as he was. You wanna play in the NFL, you gotta go through the draft. (Even if you're a self-righteous putz from Ohio State...AHEM, Maurice) It's part of the game. I agree that he had a right not to WANT to go, but I thought that family ploy to screw up the system was weak and I hope it comes back and bites him!

Had the Texans been plodding along with some scrub veteran as a QB, and had Drew Henson refused to sign with them, this board would be lighting him up for that...despite the circumstances. (Just an example.) But now I hope to light him up for being a QB of a losing team. :hehe: But obviously I can't really make fun of the Pokes TOO much until the Texans take it up a notch. "Opening Night" scoreboard only goes so far 2 years later.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #23
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
In my mind Manning had a right to not want to go to the Chargers. I'd do the same thing if my career was on the line. Let's not forget about all the great players in football and other sports that pouted and didn't want to go to a certain team.
I can't by the it's his right thing...in that case, why have the draft? Just do it Frat Rush style, guy gets bids (ie. contracts) from 3-4 teams and he picks the one he wants.

I'm not sure how big the group of "all the great players" that balked at going to certain teams is...particularly whining so publicly and having daddy do it for you. Everybody sites the Elway hold out...but guess what, Eli better be able to step up and play on par with Elway if you're going to make that comparison.

Last thing on this, even if there is a sizable silent percentage of high draft picks that don't like the team that picked them up SO WHAT. That's how the draft works, bad teams get high picks to help bring the overall competion level up. Every guy going out for the draft knows this is how things have worked since the 1st Draft.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read