Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2008   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Steve Slaton.. What are you expecting??

Stat wise that is, what do you need to see from #20, to consider him a success..
Old 08-24-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steve Slaton.. What are you expecting??

4 yards per carry. I would be happy with that.

I won't throw out stats cuz I really have no clue how many touches he might get.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Stat wise that is, what do you need to see from #20, to consider him a success..

1200+ combined yards, 7-8 TD's and I'm happy.

One thing that might not be in the stat sheet is picking up the blitz and blocking. That will be a lot to do with his success.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Just move dem chains baby! That's all I want to see out of him. A couple of stiff arms wrestling Bob Sanders to the ground would be nice too.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #5
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I love the pick, but due to his size 5'9 200 im not sure if he's an every down back. if we can get a grand out of him i'll be happy.
Old 08-24-2008   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Steve Slaton.. What are you expecting??

Depends on the amount of time he gets. Barring Injuries

Best Case: 1100 yards rushing, 4.2 avg, 8 TD
300 yards receiving, 3 TD

Worst Case: 500 yards rushing, 3.5 avg, 3 TD
190 receiving yards, 1 TD
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Depends on the amount of time he gets. Barring Injuries

Best Case: 1100 yards rushing, 4.2 avg, 8 TD
300 yards receiving, 3 TD

Worst Case: 500 yards rushing, 3.5 avg, 3 TD
190 receiving yards, 1 TD
That's between 8 and 16 carries per game.

I think that's doable.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2008   #8
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We still don't know who will be the starter. My bet is that Slayton and Taylor will split time at the position. Green and Brown are cut.

Under that scenario, I look for Slayton to have 800+ yards on the ground (4.2+ YPC), and 400 yards receiving. I look for the Texans will have ~1900 yards rushing.
kozanack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

1000 yards and 6-8 TDs would be cool with me. A Domanick Davis/Williams type first season would be something I could deal with as well.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton will share time with someone, who that is we don't know yet. But by the end of the season, I suspect he'll have close to or at 1000 combined yards and a handfull of TDs. I could list about a thousand "Ifs" for my remark, but I'm sure yall already know them. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

ten wins.
if Slaton gets 1500 yds 20 TDs and gets ORotY and we go 5-11, it would still suck.

if Slaton gets 600 yds, 6-7 TDs and we finish 10-6 because of it. he was a success.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

1000 yards ---- 6 rushing TDS ---- 250 receiving yards ---- 2 receiving TDs
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #13
LondonTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 LondonTexan was voted MVPLondonTexan was voted MVPLondonTexan was voted MVP

I love the pick of Slaton but anything over 750 combined yards is a success to me. He aint going to get many carries in the red zone but seems a lovely option a swing passes and bubble screens.

Give him a couple of years before any expectations.
LondonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

6 fumbles.
Old 08-24-2008   #15
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 51498 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Statistically, I'm expecting a deep bone bruise.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #16
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do you last twom posters hae to be soooo negative.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #17
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do you last two posters have to be soooo negative.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I got this funny feeling that following the 2008 season people are going to be talking about Slaton like they talked about Domanick Davis. People are going to be saying that we have our "triplets" in Schaub-Johnson-Slaton just like they did before when DD emerged.

Slaton, if he gets the lions share of the touches is going to be a 1300 yard back. I can't call it a prediction it's just a hunch (and at this point in the season things change weekly) but I think right now that Chris Brown won't make the team and that Ahman Green won't be playing by week 6. Slaton and Taylor are our real backs right now and the first one of them to "get it" and start producing every down is going to be "the next big thing" around here.

If that happens then watch them draft a LB or DE next year in the first round. If it doesn't then RB has as much of a chance as either of those (BPA kind of thing) and anyone planning on telling me that Kubiak/Smith won't take a RB early just save your time. Kubiak tried to trade back up in the first round in 2006 to get DeAngelo Williams but failed. Since then he's always had a bigger need someplace else but he'll do it if he thinks he needs to. If we end the season as pitiful in the backfield as we are now (meaning nobody stepped up) then he'll do it in 2009.
Old 08-24-2008   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Why do you last two posters have to be soooo negative.
AFAIK, slaton was benched for fumbling at WV. so i'm going on that.

also, beyond domanick davis's season or two, the texans running game has never given me reason to be optimistic.
Old 08-24-2008   #20
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
AFAIK, slaton was benched for fumbling at WV. so i'm going on that.

also, beyond domanick davis's season or two, the texans running game has never given me reason to be optimistic.
He was also injured and carried with his opposite arm because of it...

If Slaton does something like 1150 yards rushing with 8 TDs, and 350 yards receiving with 4 TDs, that would be the best.

At worst, I hope he gets around 800 rushing with 4 TDs, and 300 receiving with 2 TDs.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read