Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008   #141
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
That's one of the most disturbing things I've ever read by another man. He's a tool and I never really understood what a "mancrush" was until I read that article. Completely odd!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 08-27-2008   #142
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard Justice and Dr. Z discuss football .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt8kve-dEWE
Old 08-27-2008   #143
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

That F'n D-Bag deleted all the comments from yesterday that Steph, Illini Jane, Bong and I made.

What a sorry piece of crap, I feel sorry if he has kids cause I bet they get beat up everyday just because of who their dad is.
Old 08-27-2008   #144
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The reality is with the advent of blogs and web 2.0, you're going to get smart, funny, passionate fans who write about their teams with more more fervor and information than a lot of the journalists.

Steph is one of those fans. The death knell of bad journalists is here...why read the "mainstream" press that has been resting on its laurels (and haunches) for years, churning out droll and complacent drivel, when we fans now have other information choices?

Richard, you're of the "boom goes the dynamite" ilk...you try way too hard and fall horribly flat. 2.0 is here and you're in its (and our) rearview.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
Let's see if he posts that. I wonder just how far you can push before he won't approve a comment.

The "vince's rabbit" comment was PRICELESS. Nice turning that stalker shit around on him. I think his man parts are jealous that a WOMAN is out reporting him on the Texans.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-27-2008   #145
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still reading but this jumped off the page.

Quote:
Awesome, man. Your personal attack on Steph for *gasp* questioning your comments is incredibly classy....especially considering she's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

If you'd like to discuss journalistic professionalism, I'd be happy to join. I'm quite sure there are many who'd like a piece of that action.

[I'd like to discuss umpire competence. I was going to get all worked up about your comment, but the Rays just got robbed by the umps. Holy Toledo, what a bad call. A.J. Pierzynski gets me more riled up than you and Stephanie combined.--Richard]
Begin paraphrase..........As a Houston sports journalist, I would love to sit here and talk Houston sports with you oh no! now they hitting home with the professionalism thing! Well, gotta go, I was just watching an American League game half way across the country and that is important, bye!

Wow. Back to my reading.......

Last edited by Showtime100; 08-27-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2008   #146
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That F'n D-Bag deleted all the comments from yesterday that Steph, Illini Jane, Bong and I made.

What a sorry piece of crap, I feel sorry if he has kids cause I bet they get beat up everyday just because of who their dad is.
NO NO NO...don't get the two posts confused. Our stuff is still up. He has two blog posts we've been posting comments to...his "screaming is silly" and the one about does anyone believe the Texans are better.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-27-2008   #147
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

At least we have a record of them here. At least most of them. Make sure you quote any future comments of his here, that you want to save.
Old 08-27-2008   #148
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow--someone involved in the conversation might want to forward some of those comments to the feedback people at the Chronicle. Justice is being incredibly unprofessional.
Old 08-27-2008   #149
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
At least we have a record of them here. At least most of them. Make sure you quote any future comments of his here, that you want to save.
I never posted what I said but I do have it so here it is.

Quote:
I didn't have a single anger issue until that Stephanie woman got me riled up.

You mean Mrs Stephanie Stradley who used to write a blog for the Chron and now all her work has someone elses name on it. Ask your lawyers what they call that. Seriously, you owe her an apology for the total lack of respect. Just because a LADY knows more about football than you is no reason to get your panties in a huff. Have just a little class and dignity, please!

I don't like Alex Gibbs. I think he's part of a team sport, but tries very hard not to be part of the team. He has his own set of rules apart from the team.

So you wrote these two articles because you do not like Alex Gibbs. Just like you writting and askin all the tsips to make up names for Mario cause your boy vy did not get drafted. Yep you are a very petty human being. I would suggest you asking Gibbs if he cares if you like him or his coaching style, but since he is not talking to you maybe you can get McClain to ask for you.

I don't consider Cowher a screamer. He's brilliant at dealing with players. So you're 1 for 3.

Actually that would be 1 for 2 with the third you do not know so you will make up the answer for it.
Old 08-27-2008   #150
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

For posterity's sake...

Quote:
Richard,

Why don't you just go write for the Austin American Statesman? It would be a match made in heaven. You could even Emcee Vince's jersey retirement ceremony. In the meantime, I will read other local sports writer's opinions and articles because they are based in reality (see Stephanie Stradley) rather than skewed opinions and prejudices.

Good luck with the move to Austenn....

[I AM emceeing the Vince jersey retirement.--Richard]

Posted by: Texan_Bill at August 27, 2008 08:09 AM

Posted by Richard: [It's simple. Good coaches don't scream. Period. End of story.]

What the h*ll is going on around here????!!!!

Kindest Regards,
Coach Lombardi

I wouldn't know what he's talking about!!!

Signed,
Curly Lambeau

Richard is right. I never yelled at my players [sarcasm]....

Sincerely,
Bill Parcels

[You're trying to make something complex seem simple. Parcells and Lombardi were great at building relationships with players. They did scream, but not mindlessly.--Richard]

Posted by: Texan_Bill at August 27, 2008 08:35 AM
Old 08-27-2008   #151
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i love this thread!
Old 08-27-2008   #152
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you know if Alex Gibbs builds relationships with his players? You don't know that. Some of the greatest coaches of all-time yelled at their players. Some players need that to get them going and that's the job of the coaches to get the best out of their players. Your wrong about this. Just because he didn't give you an interview doesn't give you the right to dog the guy. I think you owe Stephanie an apology too.

[I don't know what Stephanie's real name is, but she creeps me out. She writes a little too often, wants to discuss and debate. She has her own blog, so why is she so interested in mine? Ask yourself that question. Maybe I've watched Fatal Attraction too many times. If something happens to one of my rabbits, she's going to be in big trouble.--Richard]
Hmmm.

People engage in ad hominem attacks when they can't rationally discuss the topic at hand. He's busted writing stuff that is hopelessly misguided and wrong, so he makes this about me.

Really, it is sad.
Old 08-27-2008   #153
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't long ago that a particular poster on this board tried to convince a few of us that Dick was good. He really liked Dick... We banded together against our wayward poster in trying to convince them that Dick is really bad and an asshat... Alas, it was to no avail.. I hear that poster, vincent and Dick will all be very happy together....

Old 08-27-2008   #154
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pretty typical in the blogosphere, though. There are all kinds of ways to avoid having to defend the stance you've taken and you'll find them all on the internet.

I'd expect more from a professional (in salary, if nowhere else) writer.
Old 08-27-2008   #155
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It wasn't long ago that a particular poster on this board tried to convince a few of us that Dick was good. He really liked Dick... We banded together against our wayward poster in trying to convince them that Dick is really bad and an asshat... Alas, it was to no avail.. I hear that poster, vincent and Dick will all be very happy together....

Was it DB, as he's been telling me that for a while now even though I have told him I don't go that way...
Old 08-27-2008   #156
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Was it DB, as he's been telling me that for a while now even though I have told him I don't go that way...
Good guess, but wrong... I think DB is pretty much on board with Dick being an asshat... Guess again.
Old 08-27-2008   #157
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Hobie was talking about Richard Justice.

Spec is my guess.

Go read http://www.atexansblog.com/ for another take on the situation. Warning: Extremely NSFW language.
Old 08-27-2008   #158
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Spec is my guess.

Go read http://www.atexansblog.com/ for another take on the situation. Warning: Extremely NSFW language.
Correct !
Old 08-27-2008   #159
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Spec is my guess.

I know for a fact that Spec hates Dick... Dick Justice that is.
Old 08-27-2008   #160
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

To clarify: dick is good, Dick is not.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read