Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008   #101
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think this would be a much better avatar for you:

Anyone got a pic of second honeymoon to put in there, it would be fitting.
Old 08-26-2008   #102
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems as though Dickie updated some comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie Justice
Is it bad that I only read this blog to see Richard Justice get ripped to shreds in the comments for his lack of football knowledge?

[Sounds like you have a really full life. Glad I can help make it more interesting. This can be the beginning. Have you ever heard of Border's Books? They have books. If you're not familiar with books, you can go into any Border's and ask, ''Do you have a book for me?'' They'll help you. May I suggest ''Man of Means'' by Tom Wolfe or Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry or The Firm by John Grishman. These books aren't above someone of your intelligence. Your life will be changed. Pretty soon you won't be a loser scanning a blog for insults. You'll be a man of substance. OK, maybe you won't, but you might be able to fake it. Get back to me when you've finished these three books and we'll dive into something called National Public Radio. In no time at all, you'll be reading the New Yorker and studying Monet. You're welcome.--Richard]
Posted by: b0ng at August 26, 2008 06:28 PM
Wunderbar.
Old 08-26-2008   #103
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Richard Justice has a bad case of sour grapes because Alex Gibbs didn't make an exception and give an interview to the Holy Dick Justice of the Comical. Alex Gibbs has never talked to the media and in Denver even made his lineman not talk to the media either. And he questions Alex Gibbs' ability to coach and teach when every intelligent critic of the NFL kisses Gibbs' butt for all his great coaching. Ask former hall of famers Dick, Alex Gibbs knows a thing about coaching and football. Although I do enjoy reading Dick's sappy crap in his 13 year-old-girl-like diary with the Comical.
Old 08-26-2008   #104
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is it bad that I only read this blog to see Richard Justice get ripped to shreds in the comments for his lack of football knowledge?

[Sounds like you have a really full life. Glad I can help make it more interesting. This can be the beginning. Have you ever heard of Border's Books? They have books. If you're not familiar with books, you can go into any Border's and ask, ''Do you have a book for me?'' They'll help you. May I suggest ''Man of Means'' by Tom Wolfe or Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry or The Firm by John Grishman. These books aren't above someone of your intelligence. Your life will be changed. Pretty soon you won't be a loser scanning a blog for insults. You'll be a man of substance. OK, maybe you won't, but you might be able to fake it. Get back to me when you've finished these three books and we'll dive into something called National Public Radio. In no time at all, you'll be reading the New Yorker and studying Monet. You're welcome.--Richard]

Wunderbar.
Are those books REALLY his measure of good literature and intelligent writing?

Look, Dick can be a dick in a vacuum, but when someone (Steph) rightfully points out that his comments about Gibbs are NOT good journalism, nor are they couched in reality (as Steph pointed out, the running game has steadily improved during the preseason) and Dick comes back with insults and dismissals, well then boys and girls, it's slap ya mamma time.

Like LZ would say on The Game: Don't start none, won't be none.

I don't like hanging on people's jocks, but honestly, Steph has done more in-depth reporting and analysis for us Texans fans than either Dick or McLame over at the chron. And I would hazard to say, there's a lot of posters here that could kick Dick's ass in the football and Texans knowledge arena. So when Dick makes outlandish statements that he cannot back up with hard facts (unlike Steph), and you're called on it...well, you can either man up and say you're wrong, or you can go the Dickie Justice route and turn the attacks on the readers.

He is, in a word, an assclown. Or for you more exotic insulters, a cocknostril.

Don't start none, won't be none. You mess with the TTdotcomers, you get the horns.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-27-2008   #105
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Justice I hate to be the one to break this to you but you might want to take a look at my aviator.

Love hurts!
Old 08-27-2008   #106
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone should bring his borderline psychotic and rude behavior to the attention of his boss...
Old 08-27-2008   #107
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:

Wunderbar.
I read this. I mean is the guy in 8th grade or something?How can an adult that expects people to take his work seriously respond like this to people?
Old 08-27-2008   #108
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

He's giving a bad name to Dicks everywhere.

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-27-2008   #109
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post

Look, Dick can be a dick in a vacuum, but when someone (Steph) rightfully points out that his comments about Gibbs are NOT good journalism, nor are they couched in reality (as Steph pointed out, the running game has steadily improved during the preseason) and Dick comes back with insults and dismissals, well then boys and girls, it's slap ya mamma time.

I don't like hanging on people's jocks, but honestly, Steph has done more in-depth reporting and analysis for us Texans fans than either Dick or McLame over at the chron. And I would hazard to say, there's a lot of posters here that could kick Dick's ass in the football and Texans knowledge arena. So when Dick makes outlandish statements that he cannot back up with hard facts (unlike Steph), and you're called on it...well, you can either man up and say you're wrong, or you can go the Dickie Justice route and turn the attacks on the readers.

Don't start none, won't be none. You mess with the TTdotcomers, you get the horns.
Best. Post. Ever.
Old 08-27-2008   #110
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
He's giving a bad name to Dicks everywhere.
LMAO! Yes...yes he is!

BTW, some of these new avatars are way worse than the ones in "avagate".
Old 08-27-2008   #111
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You must spread some rep around, blah, blah, blah.

Edit: Oh yeah, and don't get me started on his take on the standing ovation Ron Artest got when he was introduced as a Rocket the other day. No layups dick!

Last edited by Vinnie; 08-27-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Had to throw some additional RJ hate in.
Old 08-27-2008   #112
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's ONLY worth responding to on his blog when he insults one of us, especially when she doesn't deserve it. Steph covers the Texans heads and above the hacks at the chron and she wrote a very reasoned and even-tempered response to Dick and he got his hackles up over it.

He printed my response. I'm very surprised.
And that's exactly what he wants people to do. I don't think he gives a damn about what people think or say about him. He's all about having his ego fluffed up.

But hey, at least we agree he's an asshat. I like the cocknostril touch too. LOL!
Old 08-27-2008   #113
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I love newspapers. Love them. Still prefer to read the print version.

You can ignore what they say but the problem is that this is the place where most Houston fans get their news from. It's the place that most national people get their news from too. They are the only newspaper in town, and they have access to the team.

So you can either just rail at them with pitchforks. Or try to encourage them to do better.

I really am not up with personal insults. As we all know as Texans fans, "God don't like ugly." We are better off as a fanbase and as people, to look at this reporting with a critical eye, but not to devolve into name calling. Sometimes that is hard to do, but I think it is a good thing to do.

Personally, I think Justice is too busy and spread too thin, so he can't get into any subject into too much depth.

Interestingly enough, I think he edited out his reference to "that Stephanie woman" though you can still see references to it from other commenters.
Old 08-27-2008   #114
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at this thread again, reminded me that Richard Justice's favorite coach is former Texas Tech (and IU) head basketball coach, Bob Knight. Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly, but didn't Knight have the reputation as a coach who would raise his voice on occasion? Let me know if I'm wrong here.

Several times, I've heard Justice fawn over Knight's greatness. It's right here in his blog.

Quote:
Others, like Bob Knight, mix humor and confrontation. Don't let Knight's reputation fool you. He's brilliant at working the media. He has far more friends among sportswriters than you'll ever know. Dozens of sportswriters (including me) love Knight.... For one thing, he's the best basketball coach who ever lived.
I'm confused. How can Bob Knight be such a great coach, when his players tune him out from the screaming? Is there a reasonable explanation for this? Like maybe Richard Justice is a lying, hypocritical sack of Waxahachie cow chips?
Old 08-27-2008   #115
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He talked about Lombardi and missed the target . It was said that Lombardi treated his men evenly ... like dogs . Lombardi had a guy come to his office and demand a raise . Lombardi gave him a raise , picked up the phone and then traded him . Lombardi demanded so much from his players from the shoulders up , wanting them smart and tough . His drills pretty much let you know who was tough .

A good football team has to have a certain toughness bordering on lunacy . If they can't take Gibbs or Kubiak ... then they can't take it . They don't have to be dirty but being right on the line is not so bad . Who wins when the ball is on the one yard line , it's 4th down and you're losing by 5 . It'll be the the teams that's prepared and that wants it the most . The more that you go through the more you have invested , the less likely you are to retreat .
Old 08-27-2008   #116
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I love newspapers. Love them. Still prefer to read the print version.

You can ignore what they say but the problem is that this is the place where most Houston fans get their news from. It's the place that most national people get their news from too. They are the only newspaper in town, and they have access to the team.

So you can either just rail at them with pitchforks. Or try to encourage them to do better.

I really am not up with personal insults. As we all know as Texans fans, "God don't like ugly." We are better off as a fanbase and as people, to look at this reporting with a critical eye, but not to devolve into name calling. Sometimes that is hard to do, but I think it is a good thing to do.

Personally, I think Justice is too busy and spread too thin, so he can't get into any subject into too much depth.

Interestingly enough, I think he edited out his reference to "that Stephanie woman" though you can still see references to it from other commenters.
I get more good information from this board and you TC than I do from papers and talkshows ... thanks so much .
Old 08-27-2008   #117
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Looking at this thread again, reminded me that Richard Justice's favorite coach is former Texas Tech (and IU) head basketball coach, Bob Knight. Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly, but didn't Knight have the reputation as a coach who would raise his voice on occasion? Let me know if I'm wrong here.

Several times, I've heard Justice fawn over Knight's greatness. It's right here in his blog.

I'm confused. How can Bob Knight be such a great coach, when his players tune him out from the screaming? Is there a reasonable explanation for this? Like maybe Richard Justice is a lying, hypocritical sack of Waxahachie cow chips?
Because RJ's position on this subject is a moving target from his first article where he implies the players are going to tune Gibbs out and that he might not be the smartest knife in the drawer, to saying that I'm gullible and clueless to think that the Texans linemen are liking Gibbs' teachings, to saying good coaches don't yell, to then saying some coaches yell, but they do it the right way, to saying hey, I don't like Gibbs, I don't like that he doesn't talk to the media but his players haven't been saying anything bad about him.

That last bit is what that strange article was all about.
Old 08-27-2008   #118
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

College vs. Pro. There's certainly some truth to what he's saying, but I think winning > a nice coach. Gibbs has produced a winning running game. End of story.
Old 08-27-2008   #119
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Dick loves his Vince and Vince loves Dick!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 08-27-2008   #120
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay since he left this comment.......

[I don't know what Stephanie's real name is, but she creeps me out. She writes a little too often, wants to discuss and debate. She has her own blog, so why is she so interested in mine? Ask yourself that question. Maybe I've watched Fatal Attraction too many times. If something happens to one of my rabbits, she's going to be in big trouble.--Richard]

He wants to play the Fatal Attraction card? That's hilarious. He is the one obsessed over Vince Young.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read