Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008   #81
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't also sort of sad too.

Now in his blog comments RJ is referring to me as "that Stephanie woman." It's on an expanded blog post about yelling coaches. "More on Alex Gibbs and the silliness of coaches that scream."

It turns out that the Texans players are not upset at Gibbs after all. This is why Gibbs got singled out in that strange article according to RJ:

So it turns out that his screed about Gibbs yelling was less about yelling and more about him not liking Gibbs.

Unsurprisingly, he is wrong, even if he chooses to evaluate Gibbs' effect on the running game only based on the preseason and with the starting left guard missing the last game. Each game of the preseason, the running backs have improved.

And well, no matter how the running game does, Gibbs is likely to retire sooner than later because, well, he's old, though I think a lot of people would like to look and move around as good as he does at his age.
I almost think journalism has passed him by

I don't mean anything bad, but holly cow .. Houston is a big city and one would think that they would have better journalist (maybe it is the lack of competition in that city)
Old 08-26-2008   #82
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Now in his blog comments RJ is referring to me as "that Stephanie woman." It's on an expanded blog post about yelling coaches. "More on Alex Gibbs and the silliness of coaches that scream."

It turns out that the Texans players are not upset at Gibbs after all. This is why Gibbs got singled out in that strange article according to RJ:

So it turns out that his screed about Gibbs yelling was less about yelling and more about him not liking Gibbs.

Unsurprisingly, he is wrong, even if he chooses to evaluate Gibbs' effect on the running game only based on the preseason and with the starting left guard missing the last game. Each game of the preseason, the running backs have improved.

And well, no matter how the running game does, Gibbs is likely to retire sooner than later because, well, he's old, though I think a lot of people would like to look and move around as good as he does at his age.
Nice response. I think the guy gets angry that he actually gets called out by more sports educated people and he gets defensive.
Old 08-26-2008   #83
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Now in his blog comments RJ is referring to me as "that Stephanie woman."
If it makes you feel any better, most of us around here refer to you as "The Stephanie Woman"

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-26-2008   #84
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

That latest post just pissed me off.

F Dick Justice. He's a horrible journalist who thinks that "I don't like Gibbs, therefore he's a bad coach" is a viable and responsible opinion.

Note to chronicle: people come HERE to get their Texans news and opinions. There's more football intelligence in one thread than all year from McClain or Justice.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-26-2008   #85
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well I was going to post a comment at the bottom of the blog, but then I read yours and Specs and I am not sure I could get my point across any better. Good job guys.
Old 08-26-2008   #86
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Well I was going to post a comment at the bottom of the blog, but then I read yours and Specs and I am not sure I could get my point across any better. Good job guys.
I have to admit I almost **** a brick when he actually printed mine.
Old 08-26-2008   #87
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, this guy isn't worth the paper I wipe my ass with, much less my time to comment on his queer little blog.

While on his little rant about how our running game is so bad this pre-season he mentions being 22nd in rushing next to Pitt and SD. Now, IIRC, don't the Steelers and Chargers normally land in the top 5 or so in rushing every season??

The guy's an asshat! He's like an Elementary School class clown. The more attention he gets, the more he acts like an ass. IMO, the best thing would be to not read or contribute to anything he does.

The Chron sucks anyways.
Old 08-26-2008   #88
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

The 40 Year Old Virgin.....

That's what that picture looks like.....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 08-26-2008   #89
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMO, this guy isn't worth the paper I wipe my ass with, much less my time to comment on his queer little blog.

While on his little rant about how our running game is so bad this pre-season he mentions being 22nd in rushing next to Pitt and SD. Now, IIRC, don't the Steelers and Chargers normally land in the top 5 or so in rushing every season??

The guy's an asshat! He's like an Elementary School class clown. The more attention he gets, the more he acts like an ass. IMO, the best thing would be to not read or contribute to anything he does.

The Chron sucks anyways.
He's ONLY worth responding to on his blog when he insults one of us, especially when she doesn't deserve it. Steph covers the Texans heads and above the hacks at the chron and she wrote a very reasoned and even-tempered response to Dick and he got his hackles up over it.

He printed my response. I'm very surprised.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-26-2008   #90
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
He's ONLY worth responding to on his blog when he insults one of us, especially when she doesn't deserve it. Steph covers the Texans heads and above the hacks at the chron and she wrote a very reasoned and even-tempered response to Dick and he got his hackles up over it.

He printed my response. I'm very surprised.
I saw that, very nice job.
Old 08-26-2008   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, a five page thread is five pages to many to spend on an asshat like Justice. He's probably rubbing his nips while he reads these rants. He's as much of a narcissistic blowhard as I've ever wasted my time hearing one.

That's all I've got to say about that!
Old 08-26-2008   #92
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Man, a five page thread is five pages to many to spend on an asshat like Justice. He's probably rubbing his nips while he reads these rants. He's as much of a narcissistic blowhard as I've ever wasted my time hearing one.

That's all I've got to say about that!
That is why I posted the thread, so we could rant over here and not up his comment count on his blog. Do you really think he reads message boards? Honest question, I just can't see it.
Old 08-26-2008   #93
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

^^No way he reads message boards. Way too much of a prick to do so.

I'm willing to bet this is the most hits his blog has received in the past few months.

Last edited by b0ng; 08-26-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2008   #94
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
That is why I posted the thread, so we could rant over here and not up his comment count on his blog. Do you really think he reads message boards? Honest question, I just can't see it.
Why not? He obviously doesn't have much to do. It ain't like he has a real job or anything.

And what happened to the links at the bottom of the page? It's a real drag having to scroll all the way to the top.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 08-26-2008   #95
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

My new avatar to remind all of you haters of your boy.

Last edited by Drew_Smoke; 08-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2008   #96
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
My new avatar to remind all of you haters of your boy....
your avatar makes you look like a dick!
Old 08-26-2008   #97
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
your avatar makes you look like a dick!

Thank you.

Anyone else??? LOL

Last edited by Drew_Smoke; 08-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2008   #98
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My new avatar to remind all of you haters of your boy....
He really does look like a penis with ears.....just sayin'
Old 08-26-2008   #99
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bwahahahahahaha! It took me a second to get your reference.

I looked up his quote:

"A guy who cheats in a friendly game of cards is a cheater. A pro who throws a spitball to support his family is a competitor." - Milwaukee Brewers Manager (1978-1980) George Bamberger

I guess what he is saying is that he can say whatever ugly and or provocative things he wants about whatever player or coach he wants even without basis if he is doing it for a paycheck?

Is it too much to ask to get actual football analysis?

Oh, and he did print my response:
Hey Steph you are the BOMB! Give him hell girl.
S
T
E
P
H
who do we appreciate!! STEPHANY!!!! YEH!!!!

?, Did the ahole ever answer youre question with a legitamate answer?
Old 08-26-2008   #100
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Thank you...

Anyone else??? LOL
I think this would be a much better avatar for you:

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read