Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008   #61
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Be easy on Dick, if you start yelling at him too much he might get to feeling a little sensitive and respond poorly. I mean, if professional football players can't take it, how in the world will an in-over-his-head journalist hack from the Chronicle handle it?

Old 08-24-2008   #62
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I can't say that I was outraged by his column. More baffled by it.

Is he suggesting that Gibbs shouldn't coach by yelling? And that because he yells he is stupid? And that Kubiak shouldn't yell at the quartebacks either?
Along that line of thought, I would guess that the minority of coaches who don't spend a significant amount of time yelling at their players are head coaches. And they have just delegated the yelling to their staff. Seriously, training camp is like boot camp in the military. Yelling is part of the process of getting everyone acclimated to dealing with stress (and getting rid of those who can't).

Maybe he has been watching too many games at the YMCA.
Old 08-24-2008   #63
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If you thought those articles were out there, try this...

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...here_have.html

I seriously thought the man was drunk when he wrote it. Most Longhorn fans I know were rolling there eyes in embarrassment.
That was the weirdest article I have ever read....I cannot believe a grown man would talk like that.....

And the fact is...Vince Young is BY FAR THE WORST QB IN THE NFL.....I have never seen a more ineffective pro quarterback than that goofball......the Titans would actually be good if they would just let Kerry Collins start....god that's saying something.....kerry collins......
Old 08-24-2008   #64
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
That was the weirdest article I have ever read....I cannot believe a grown man would talk like that.....

And the fact is...Vince Young is BY FAR THE WORST QB IN THE NFL.....I have never seen a more ineffective pro quarterback than that goofball......the Titans would actually be good if they would just let Kerry Collins start....god that's saying something.....kerry collins......
I want to say that in an earlier version of the Vince blog post, he had a comment that said that a lot of people don't get his sense of humor. Then now when I look at the article, I can't see that any more. (That is a blog no no).

But erasing blog posts and comments is not unusual for him. Once in an in-game blog, he demanded that Kubiak get fired. And then he erased his blog post and apologized for it.
Old 08-24-2008   #65
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Ugh. His last 3 or 4 blogs have all been negative regarding the Texans. It seems like he just trying to get people riled up. I wouldn't believe that a professional sportswriter is getting all doom and gloom over preseason games.
One commonly held suspicion is that Justice is trolls for comments by posting inflammatory material. Getting people riled up will certainly make your blog busier.
Old 08-24-2008   #66
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It still drives me nuts that the Chronic puts that kid's byline on your work. Talk about unprofessional...
Quote:
If it is any consolation, they were very apologetic about it.

BTW, I don't think he is a kid. IIRC, he is in his mid thirties.
Quote:
Really??? I thought he was a college student. At least his stuff reads like a college student's work.
We all know my feelings about not having her name there.

I think it is total BULLSHIT!!
Old 08-24-2008   #67
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozanack View Post
One commonly held suspicion is that Justice is trolls for comments by posting inflammatory material. Getting people riled up will certainly make your blog busier.
That's one way to get attention to your work. He gets insulted if you suggest he does that.

Another way is to write germaine, entertaining things worth actually reading.

The second method makes it easier to sleep at night.
Old 08-24-2008   #68
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With 3 preseason games in the books, I do not have high expectations for this season.
Old 08-24-2008   #69
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's one way to get attention to your work. He gets insulted if you suggest he does that.

The second method takes talent...something that I have never accused Justice of having.

The thing about this thread is that alot of folks are calling him a "baseball guy". His baseball takes are as weak as his other drivel. He has ZERO credibility in the Astros clubhouse. A couple of years back Brad Ausmus made the crack...

"'I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.''

Lance Berkman has called him the "Writer of Wrongs."

If there is any doubt about his asshattedness just read his takes about how the Astros should sign Barry Bonds. Justice is nothing more than a glorified.

Last edited by Señor Stan; 08-24-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2008   #70
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He gets no attention from the 1st method. Once his writings no longer even get negative "attention" (because people just get plain fed up with his schtick), he won't have anything to be insulted over..............and he won't have a job either.
Old 08-24-2008   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post

Lance Berkman has called him the "Writer of Wrongs."
thats gold...pure unadulterated golden goodness. Berkman is a witty guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 08-24-2008   #72
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never been able to figure Justice out completely. On the one hand he often seems to have a sensible perspective and tells a good story. On the other hand he loses his sh*t on the air and yells: "I AM the media!"

But when he wrote the piece encouraging Texans fans to come up with disparaging nicknames for Mario Williams when Mario was struggling, that seemed like the pinnacle of unprofessionalism.
Old 08-24-2008   #73
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I've never been able to figure Justice out completely. On the one hand he often seems to have a sensible perspective and tells a good story. On the other hand he loses his sh*t on the air and yells: "I AM the media!"
He is very uneven and I'm beginning to suspect that he either has really horrible impulse control or worse, has a personality disorder.

Or he's just menstruating a lot.

Quote:
But when he wrote the piece encouraging Texans fans to come up with disparaging nicknames for Mario Williams when Mario was struggling, that seemed like the pinnacle of unprofessionalism.
See, this is what I can't understand. You read perfectly good and intelligent blog posts where people express their personal opinions about the good and bad of their sports teams with much more "journalistic" integrity and professionalism than the people who get paid to do it!

I think Dick is trying to figure out a way to be a "controversial" sports personality, like the hacks they often have on ESPN's "Around the Horn," which is a horrible show at times because folks like Woody Page would rather blather on than talk about sports. Those are the people who get on TV, plain and simple, unless they're a fantastic sports JOURNALIST, which Dick Justice simply is not. So he's only got one card to play..."I'm going to be the controversial Houston sports guy," but his stuff is lame.

When your "controversial" opinions come down to personal attacks and challenging readers to come up with negative nick names for a struggling rook, then you're a sad waste of time. Couple that with an inability to stablize his own moods and reactions to things and you've just got an angry, non-witty sports guy who tries way too hard because he thinks that spewing nonsense will get him a big ESPN paycheck.

TC's responses to Dick are pure gold and an example of what some good sports blogging could do for the chronicle.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-25-2008   #74
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way to make douchebags like Dickie go away is to quit reading and reacting. And to let their bosses know that you aren't because of them.

I haven't read a Chronicle in I don't know how long, and I don't because I'm not interested in the flip-flopping style their "journalists" write in, the assinine things they write for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people, I just don't need my sports in that fassion.

I want INFORMATION!!! I don't get that with the Chronicle, from their writers, so I don't read it.

Simple as that for me. There's so many other places to get the information you want, like here for example, that I don't need to subject myself to the childish crap that a Justice or McClain spits out. They're nothing more than bloggers any more, who get paid, and they have less talent in it than many people here.

Just quit reading and reacting and if you want, let the Chronicle know they're losing readers because of them and you'd like to see them replaced by people with some conception of what journalism is.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 08-25-2008   #75
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard Justice is a Skip Bayless wanna be who pathetically even falls short of that. If he is so desperate for material that he talks about screaming coaches and a brand new system that hasn't even had time to get going. I've written this here before but I wrote him in the past about his flip flopping on Astros' GMs and on other subjects and he has written back with no real explanation. He thinks he is stirring it up when in reality he comes across as a sportswriter who doesn't know much about sports.
Old 08-25-2008   #76
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozanack View Post
I'm beginning to believe this more and more. His blog persona is so much different than his tv/radio one.
Old 08-25-2008   #77
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I'm beginning to believe this more and more. His blog persona is so much different than his tv/radio one.
His blog persona is that of a jackass who wants to piss you off, and his radio persona is that of a person who is really too slow to make a radio show interesting. And neither is really worth the time to listen/read.

To be honest I'm pretty sure that the Chronicle will not fire either McClain or Justice because both have been around for a long time and the Chronicle doesn't change too much.

Whatever happened to Fran Blinebury?
Old 08-25-2008   #78
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Whatever happened to Fran Blinebury?
He's still with The Chronic, mostly covering roundball.
Old 08-25-2008   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's still with The Chronic, mostly covering roundball.
I'd rather read his articles even if he knows nothing about football, than Justice. Oh well, here's to another year of Mario bashing, Vince Young love, and bandwagon hopping as soon as we do anything good, followed bandwagon jumping when we look bad.
Old 08-25-2008   #80
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

This would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't also sort of sad too.

Now in his blog comments RJ is referring to me as "that Stephanie woman." It's on an expanded blog post about yelling coaches. "More on Alex Gibbs and the silliness of coaches that scream."

It turns out that the Texans players are not upset at Gibbs after all. This is why Gibbs got singled out in that strange article according to RJ:

Quote:
Let's review. I don't like Alex Gibbs. I think he's part of a team sport, but tries very hard not to be part of the team. He has his own set of rules apart from the team. I think he has been a great NFL coach. Maybe the game has passed him by. At this point, he hasn't made the Texans' running game better. If this continues, look for him to retire for the third or fourth time.
So it turns out that his screed about Gibbs yelling was less about yelling and more about him not liking Gibbs.

Unsurprisingly, he is wrong, even if he chooses to evaluate Gibbs' effect on the running game only based on the preseason and with the starting left guard missing the last game. Each game of the preseason, the running backs have improved.

And well, no matter how the running game does, Gibbs is likely to retire sooner than later because, well, he's old, though I think a lot of people would like to look and move around as good as he does at his age.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read