Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008   #21
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Ha, I love it. Your first post bashes little Richie Justice. I just gotta know, did you join just to pile on?

Welcome aboard.
Thanks. No, I am a long time lurker. I joined a few days back, but didn't have anything to add at that point. But Justice irks me, so I decided to it was a good point to join the fray.
Old 08-24-2008   #22
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
if you guys think justice and Mclaine suck it's your opinion and I'll take it as your opinion, we don't need to read post after post as to how much you hate it and how terrible Mclaine and Justice are.
What's the point of this post?

This is a Dick Justice bashing thread.......either make a argument to support Richard Justice or bash him, but don't tell people to not make a post on the thread subject matter.....that's the entire purpose of this message board. If you don't like the thread, simply don't click on it or respond to it.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-24-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2008   #23
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
What's the point of this post?

This is a Dick Justice bashing thread.......either make a argument to support Richard Justice or bash him, but don't tell people to not make a post on the thread subject matter.....that's the entire purpose of this message board. If you don't like the thread, simply don't click on it or respond to it.
Trust me I do skip several post's, it just get's old reading the same old Mclain-Justice sucks threads.
Old 08-24-2008   #24
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll tell you something that probably works in their defense. Nowadays you can just go to the Texans team website and you can get all the quotes for the day and practice summaries etc. which I'm sure a ton of fans do and then when McClain and Justice get around to writing articles they are quoting stuff that many of us have already read or watched. The articles that I find more interesting give some kind of info that we aren't already privy to and in this day and age those nuggets are often few and far between.
Old 08-24-2008   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trust me I do skip several post's, it just get's old reading the same old Mclain-Justice sucks threads.
Than don't read it.....problem solved.

- Edmund Burke
Old 08-24-2008   #26
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozanack View Post
The bit about his column being a one-stop-shop for Vince tributes is a way for him to stick a thumb in the eye of those who think Mario was the correct draft choice. Justice is still bitter the Texans for selected Mario over Vince.

I have heard parts of his radio show twice during the offseason. Once he was said that, based upon what everyone knew at the time, Vince was the only choice. In other words, The Texans are idiots no matter how everything turns out. The second time he said something to the effect of, "call me when Mario makes a sack when it matters."
Yep, he (Justice) doesn't like Mario either and has called him a jerk in his blog on more than one occasion. I mean, a lot of people will read something like that and think that Mario *is* a jerk. Everything I've seen of Mario is that he's a pretty humble guy and has handled his celebrity and all the unwanted attention of being the 1st pick quite well.... I wouldn't blame him for being a jerk to Justice for what Justice has written about him....

Quote:
Successful radio hosts generally don't make it a point of alienating their audience
He does it to his bloggers, too. Outright ridicule sometimes. Once upon a time I used to post in his blog but then my posts stopped showing up. They were clean, rational posts. It was Justice just haphazardly censoring anything that rubbed him the wrong way. Many people have complained of his censoring. I don't post there any more....

Welcome to the forums....
Old 08-24-2008   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If some of you guys hate the Justice Thread....please for the love of god DON'T READ IT, if you guys think justice and Mclaine suck it's your opinion and I'll take it as your opinion, we don't need to read post after post as to how much you hate it and how terrible Mclaine and Justice are.
This is a sports board, we vent over some of the, um, inJustices we see in the sports world. I'll stick to Justice since this is a Justice thread, but the guy makes very few people happy regardless of the topic, period. He flip-flops, writes just to stir the pot, or certain pots....etc...etc. They are many people on this board and in this case many of us have an inJustice to share or whatever. As for me? I could go on as long as he writes for the Chronicle. I have said in the past I don't read him anymore, but will admit that lately I have. What can I do? I love sports, he talks sports and makes me feel not so crazy in my sports-related beliefs in the end.

I'm a little confused. The first part in bold would seem to contradict what the second part is saying. Maybe I'm just tired and am not following you, but the second part would seem to be good advice you could use. That doesn't sound very friendly, but I do not mean to offend.

If this is an old poster to the board with a new name welcome back.(?) If you are new, a sincere welcome to the board. I hope you like it here.
Old 08-24-2008   #28
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If you thought those articles were out there, try this...

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...here_have.html

I seriously thought the man was drunk when he wrote it. Most Longhorn fans I know were rolling there eyes in embarrassment.
Holy crap...

Ok, Justice needs help, while this writeup is funny as hell (making fun of Vince greatness is always fun) he, as a sports JOURNALIST should NEVER write this stuff, and any association with the journalistic world (and the Chronicle how bad it may be) is catastrophic.

He sort of reminds me of that Kramer actor. Him going off on, was it jews, blacks or immigrants?, hurts the Seinfeld show by association, the entire industry.

My point is, when Justice claims to be a journalist, and speaks in a journalistic forum, he better damn well put on his journalistic hat and play according to the rules. If he wants to be a comedian (and the Vince thingie is fun) then go be a comedian, but don't mix the two together.

As for the latest ramblings against the Texans and especially Gibbs... oh dear, I just cannot believe how immature and thoroughly unprofessional a journalist can be, it's really so far out that I wonder if even ESPN would send him away from the job interview.
Old 08-24-2008   #29
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't say that I was outraged by his column. More baffled by it.

Is he suggesting that Gibbs shouldn't coach by yelling? And that because he yells he is stupid? And that Kubiak shouldn't yell at the quartebacks either?

Really? Really? There's all sorts of coaches on the Texans staff that yell at the players, and he picks the two coaches on the staff that have the most accomplished track records relating to linemen and quarterbacks to call out? If you got rid of all the NFL coaches who yell at their players, you would be left with nobody, because even Dungy yells sometimes, though with his team, he rarely needs to.

That entire column is completely baffling. I thought it was just a blog post, but I can't believe it was edited into a column. Could you imagine Rick Gosselin writing something that strange? "Accomplished coach yells at players! Isn't that mean and stupid? Maybe he will retire again!" Wha?

He says in the blog comments that Texans fans are so emotionally invested that we can't handle criticism of the team. I don't think that is the case at all. I just want to know what planet that criticism comes from.
Old 08-24-2008   #30
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I can't say that I was outraged by his column. More baffled by it.

Is he suggesting that Gibbs shouldn't coach by yelling? And that because he yells he is stupid? And that Kubiak shouldn't yell at the quartebacks either?

Really? Really? There's all sorts of coaches on the Texans staff that yell at the players, and he picks the two coaches on the staff that have the most accomplished track records relating to linemen and quarterbacks to call out? If you got rid of all the NFL coaches who yell at their players, you would be left with nobody, because even Dungy yells sometimes, though with his team, he rarely needs to.

That entire column is completely baffling. I thought it was just a blog post, but I can't believe it was edited into a column. Could you imagine Rick Gosselin writing something that strange? "Accomplished coach yells at players! Isn't that mean and stupid? Maybe he will retire again!" Wha?

He says in the blog comments that Texans fans are so emotionally invested that we can't handle criticism of the team. I don't think that is the case at all. I just want to know what planet that criticism comes from.

I think Dickie wants to be yelled at, and spanked.
Old 08-24-2008   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If some of you guys hate the Justice Thread....please for the love of god DON'T READ IT, if you guys think justice and Mclaine suck it's your opinion and I'll take it as your opinion, we don't need to read post after post as to how much you hate it and how terrible Mclaine and Justice are.
El cabezon, that's the whole point to a message board..........writing your opinion. You unknowingly gave the solution to the problem you perceive.............
Old 08-24-2008   #32
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I always enjoy being the lone defender of someone who's getting bashed
by everyone else, in a sense its kinda like defending somebody against the mob mentality. So here's why I'm a Richard Justice fan.
I listen to his show on radio sometimes because often he has the kinda guests that nobody else in these parts can probably even get to return phone calls. Justice is on PTI now and then, and that's why he got Wellbon on one day, and if not for that I would have never known that the PTI host is an even cooler, neater guy that what I would have imagined. And he often has NFL Draft guru Rick Gosselin on his show, which is a real treat. Another NFL expert is Bob McGinn with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel who is at the same level as Gosselein among NFL experts, but not as widely recognized. He has a lot of great guests on, and I regret he won't be on radio anymore, according to what someone in this thread reported. You just won't hear that caliber of guest who are sports experts/authority on any other local radio station.
And yea he's mainly a baseball guy, and when it comes to football he's a Cowboy fan. What'd you would expect since he's from N.Texas. Last I checked there's plenty of Cowboy fans fron here. And he's a Longhorn, so of course he was upset that we didn't take VY. So was everybody else in Houston who didn't want Bush, atleast at one time. But atleast he's a descent journalist. If not, I'm sure he wouldn't have been employed by the Wasington Post all of those years. And don't lump him in with McClain, a man who simply has no writing skills.
Old 08-24-2008   #33
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I always enjoy being the lone defender of someone who's getting bashed
by everyone else, in a sense its kinda like defending somebody against the mob mentality. So here's why I'm a Richard Justice fan.
I listen to his show on radio sometimes because often he has the kinda guests that nobody else in these parts can probably even get to return phone calls. Justice is on PTI now and then, and that's why he got Wellbon on one day, and if not for that I would have never known that the PTI host is an even cooler, neater guy that what I would have imagined. And he often has NFL Draft guru Rick Gosselin on his show, which is a real treat. Another NFL expert is Bob McGinn with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel who is at the same level as Gosselein among NFL experts, but not as widely recognized. He has a lot of great guests on, and I regret he won't be on radio anymore, according to what someone in this thread reported. You just won't hear that caliber of guest who are sports experts/authority on any other local radio station.
Ok, I can kinda see this.

Quote:
And yea he's mainly a baseball guy, and when it comes to football he's a Cowboy fan. What'd you would expect since he's from N.Texas. Last I checked there's plenty of Cowboy fans fron here. And he's a Longhorn, so of course he was upset that we didn't take VY. So was everybody else in Houston who didn't want Bush, atleast at one time. But atleast he's a descent journalist.
Umm, no. A decent journalist is not a fan. A decent journalist objectively reports news. Now, if you had argued that he is a columnist and not a journalist, I would have been more sympathic. But. He works for the HOUSTON Chronicle, not the N. Texas Tribune.

Quote:
If not, I'm sure he wouldn't have been employed by the Wasington Post all of those years. And don't lump him in with McClain, a man who simply has no writing skills
Hmmm, let's think about this. Maybe there is a valid reason he no longer is employed by the Post.

Sigh, I miss the Houston Post.
Old 08-24-2008   #34
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. His last 3 or 4 blogs have all been negative regarding the Texans. It seems like he just trying to get people riled up. I wouldn't believe that a professional sportswriter is getting all doom and gloom over preseason games.
Old 08-24-2008   #35
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
You guys should email the editor and tell him to fire his ass.
Best thing to do is NOT purchase the Chronicle!! I stopped my subscription 4 yrs ago because of their horrendous sports coverage. Sports was the main reason I subscribed to the paper to start with. Truthfully, I got sick of Titan and Cowboy coverage taking presidence over Texan coverage. I refuse to re-subscribe until Richard Justice is GONE, and I send e-mails to various people to let them know that. NOT that I think they give a damn cause I am just ONE person who wants to hit them where it really hurts, in the back pocket!! Don't subscribe, and let them know why! Yes, the "ragsheet" is the only paper in Houston so they don't really care what a FEW people think. BUT, if subscriptions took a nose dive they might have to take notice.

Thank goodness for the Internet, and esp you guys/gals on TT. Sorry TC, I know you have connections to the Chron, but, I detest RJ, and I refuse to support the Chron as long as he is there. I'll pull up your blogs via TT.
Old 08-24-2008   #36
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Justice is a pansy, through and through.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 08-24-2008   #37
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Yeah, that statement is absolutely absurd. Take it from me, every coach yells. ESPECIALLY OFFENSIVE LINE COACHES, OMG! I used to feel sorry for the o-lineman for the bashing they would take on a daily basis. Plus, Gibbs has never spoke to the media. What makes dumb, dumb Justice think that he is going to be any different with him? Oh, I'm sorry, he's Richard Justice. I forgot about that.

He says in the blog comments that Texans fans are so emotionally invested that we can't handle criticism of the team.
I actually read the VY article when he put it out. I'm thinking, "Isn't this the kind of stuff he should be writing about in the offseason. HOUSTON does have a team getting ready for an important season you know." It was a boring article, so I replied to him with "Yawwnnnn." Think that one got posted? Shortly after that is when I went in search of a real blog site where there were real Houston Texans fans. He says that we are so emotionally involved that we can't handle criticism. Really?!? Look at some of the posts on here. We go after our team pretty dang hard. But we love the Texans, the same way he loves the Astros and Horns. Only someone who is emotionally invested in a team would put out an article like the VY one confessing his true man-love for the guy.
"That's why nothing that happens this year in sports will be as emotionally powerful as what The University of Texas has planned for August 30. That's when Vince Young's jersey No. 10 will be retired by the Longhorns.
I'm probably like a lot of you in that when I'm feeling down or have had a bad day at work I put in the DVD of that Rose Bowl. No matter how many times I watch it, I'm still inspired by it, moved by it.
It makes me want to work harder, to accomplish more. It makes me want to make Vince proud." Oh brother! But we're the ones who are "so emotionally invested" right? Gimme a break. RJ is a joke. His show sucked and his writing does too.
Old 08-24-2008   #38
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

The truth hurts (in today's piece). It's gonna be another long year if things don't change soon.

I like Richie. I like McClain. I like them on the radio, but I am waaaaayyyyy beyond sick of his lust for the very average Megan Whatever Reily. So she's young and has a pulse. Whoo hoo!

I don't like Jermone Suckamon though. I was glad they sent him to China to cover a topic I couldn't care less about.
Old 08-24-2008   #39
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, justice is a wiener. But the comments at the bottom are pretty good. Here's one of my favs that I saw.

Quote:
I'm not saying the Texans have looked great this preseason, but I'm not ready to write them off.

This blog entry just seems like some sour grapes on your part. A couple of coaches turn down your esteemed ESPN-worthy presence, so you're going to throw a fit and smear them on your blog. Players may tune out screaming coaches, but readers tend to tune out whiny writers that go into a hissy everytime their egos get a little bruised.
Old 08-24-2008   #40
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I think Dick wants a big time media job and he's getting more and more frustrated that it's not happening. And it seems that he hasn't been offered a new contract for his radio show on 1560 am. His show wasn't good anyway, and I'm glad to see the station realizing that.

I can't believe how he just rails on Gibbs in his blog. He really is a bitter, petty guy who will bash on someone who won't talk to Dick "why won't ESPN give me a job" Justice. It's obvious he hates the Texans.
I think he's hoping to land a job in Tenn as VY's hairy beanbag therapist or in Austin when his Chosen One is bounced from the league.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read