Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009   #321
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
He has his opinion...everyone else has there's. Suing someone who compares one to a movie character is a stretch. I have been called worse. Lots worse.
It's not just a question of someone calling you names and getting your wittle fewwings hurt.

When was the last time a journalist who has a history of sending you hostile emails disparaged your character and reputation repeatedly in both a blog and on the radio? He repeatedly wrote some things worse than the rabbit boiling stuff, and erased all my comments and objections to this to intentionally and maliciously give people an improper and ugly impression.

I never said that I was interested in suing anybody. But if you looked at that link that was written by an attorney, he believed that I had a viable cause of action given all the things that were written and said. Lawsuits solve nothing--I just wanted some football information and I wanted him to stop impugning my character.

Whatever.
Old 04-09-2009   #322
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Whatever.
Best route to take imo.

You've clearly shown your integrity, professionalism, and journalism. Justice has shown his lack of each.

Let the haters be haters.

Though I still say we should get you both on Sean and John's show CAGE MATCH!
Old 04-09-2009   #323
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is going into HWNSNBM category. It never ends Muwahahaha!
Old 04-09-2009   #324
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
"I could have sued him ?" And let me see, you're a lawyer right ? Gee, why am I not surprised by that kind of mentality, that kind of solution to your problem with somebody you work with from a person in your line of work ? BTW, I went over and read that article and thought Richies comment about the rabbit was real funny. Say, did you ever mess with his car in that elevated parking-garage by the Chronicle building ?
Quote:
Yaw, Yaw, Yaw....(yawn)

This is really old. Roc has a c-note for the Gary J Lynn Foundation if a mod will please pop a padlock on this thread.

There is no one who has posted on this that I dislike. But the tirades and hate against Richie are old.

He has his opinion...everyone else has there's. Suing someone who compares one to a movie character is a stretch. I have been called worse. Lots worse.

It's all good and if anyone would like to stalk Roc...he would be grateful for the attention.

I had been reading for laughs but didn't want everyone to think that Nunusguy was alone in his thinking.

When does the sched show come on????? Now thats what we wanna know.
I will say this and I could careless about reps or negative, but you two are not real men. You think it is ok to use the power of the Chronicle to insult and try and ruin someones character and reputation? Grow a set will ya. 20 years ago if RJ had said what he has toward Stephanie I would have personally kicked his ass from Houston all the way to Nashville so he could be with his secret lover VY. Roc or Nuns, how would you like a so called journalist to imply that your a pedophile? It would be a good laugh right, I mean their is know way in the world that would bother you and you would just shrug it off. I mean to suggest that on air in a local radio show or online of a newspaper in the fourth largest city in the United States is all fun and games. I am sure you two would enjoy how your neighbors might react or how co-workers and employment might react. How about if you wrote (Fan House) for a national outlet for media that folks all over the country read and links to the Chron are sometimes put in and therefore folks all over the country would read what RJ was saying and since they do not know Stephanie and only know that RJ works for a major paper. Stephanie has a Very Outstanding reputation in the community and in Law circles so I have been told. Her reputation among most bloggers and other sports writers and media personalities is extremely high, other wise she would not get invited to do as many shows as she does. RJ tried to destroy all that and for that he needs to be fired. As far as the sueing comment, you two have FAILED at reading and comprhention because it was another writer who suggested that she should have sued, but hey do not let facts get in the way of making yourself look like a complete ass (IMO).

I am ashamed of you both for not realizing how damaging things could have been and you think it is ok for someone to act like this. Sorry for sounding like a male chauvinistic pig but men are supposed to protect women not try and belittle them and tear them down when they prove to be smarter than us. But you two neanderthals still think that women should be in the kitchen and not having the same rights as men.

Stop allowing folks to get away with this draconian behavior.
Old 04-09-2009   #325
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever is fine. Sorry I hurt your feewings(?). That's your opinion and that is kewl.

But I personally would have left him alone after the 3rd time then. He's just not that into you it seems. Mom would say "Just ignore him."

I didn't knock anyone's rep and mentioned no names except the one everyone was attacking. I don't read blogs. Never have. Reading blogs is for those that need guidance on living their lives. I have my hands firmly on the wheel and am comfortable with who I am. So please don't imply that I am knocking anyone. Its a free country...for the most part.

And lawyers always think they have a case...lol...you pay and we'll roll the dice. Throw shiat at the wall and see what sticks. Thats the American way. If loser paid then Mr. Bigtime would never have mentioned/thought about you. And I wouldn't think a little ol' local news rag kept any attorneys on retainer either. So get 'em while they are down.

Sorry that I have never been a mob rules/pile on guy.

I beg to differ on the no 'nads blast. It took 'nads to go against the grain. It would have been easy to just say "Yeah! He's a fool" or whatever.

I blaze my own trails and do what's right in my eyes. If that offends some...so be it. Roc will still sleep good tonight with a clear conscience anyway.

Gary could use that $100...offer still stands.

"If someone writes something about me on a message board and I never read it....isn't it just a colossal waste of time?"- Jay Mohr... April 8, 2009
Old 04-09-2009   #326
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever is fine. Sorry I hurt your feewings(?). That's your opinion and that is kewl.

But I personally would have left him alone after the 3rd time then. He's just not that into you it seems. Mom would say "Just ignore him."

I didn't knock anyone's rep and mentioned no names except the one everyone was attacking. I don't read blogs. Never have. Reading blogs is for those that need guidance on living their lives. I have my hands firmly on the wheel and am comfortable with who I am. So please don't imply that I am knocking anyone. Its a free country...for the most part.

And lawyers always think they have a case...lol...you pay and we'll roll the dice. Throw shiat at the wall and see what sticks. Thats the American way. If loser paid then Mr. Bigtime would never have mentioned/thought about you. And I wouldn't think a little ol' local news rag kept any attorneys on retainer either. So get 'em while they are down.

Sorry that I have never been a mob rules/pile on guy.

I beg to differ on the no 'nads blast. It took 'nads to go against the grain. It would have been easy to just say "Yeah! He's a fool" or whatever.

I blaze my own trails and do what's right in my eyes. If that offends some...so be it. Roc will still sleep good tonight with a clear conscience anyway.

Gary could use that $100...offer still stands.

"If someone writes something about me on a message board and I never read it....isn't it just a colossal waste of time?"- Jay Mohr... April 8, 2009
I understand what your saying, and I really enjoy your posts and what I perceive to be your personality through the web. You stick to what you believe, and you seem like a good guy....I like that. I hope to get to hang out with you at a tailgate sometime.

However, in this case, I was standing up for what is right or at least what I believe to be right, others may disagree but so be it. And the way Stephanie has been insulted by RJ is just plain wrong. And RJ's conduct has been pretty despicable in the matter. On top of that he goes and acts like a total ass to AJ. Both of which have been extremely diligent, hard working at finding any little tidbits of info and sharing any and all info they can uncover about our beloved team. It's especially helpful for us out-of-towners who can't get a lick of coverage 180 miles down the road. I don't know much....but I do know that. And they do it all out of passion for our team, not money, not fame, not a popularity contest....but freakin' PASSION.

Someone with RJ's ability to reach the masses, while he doesn't need to be worried about saying all the right things in a blog, could just simply show some common decency. You know the stuff a momma teaches you. Futhermore, when he is proven wrong he is just driven to great lengths to be a bigger ass, instead of just having a rational discussion. It's pretty cut and dry IMO.

I don't give him page hits, I don't read his crap, but I am glad people are documenting it in here, it's a good reminder of the type of person I want to avoid and and good lesson if I ever have that "reach" to be heard by a large audience to act like I have some cooth, humility and respect. People can have debates/discussion intelligenty without being an ass, and you can always take the high road because karma is a beeyaoitch. He prefers to insult and belittle his own readers instead of having a rational discussion. It probably stems from his own insecurities and it really is douchebag behavior.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 04-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2009   #327
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

ok...I missed all the insults and the part about being a pedophile. I hope Richie didn't say that.

You call me a pedophile and no one will believe you. Everyone knows Roc loves soccer moms.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2009   #328
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You call me a pedophile and no one will believe you. Everyone knows Roc loves soccer moms.
Everyone knows only tools refer to themselves in the third person.

I don't get around here much lately, so I'll take Hardcore's word for it that you seem like a good guy. You really should do yourself a favor and edit that.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 04-09-2009   #329
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
It's not just a question of someone calling you names and getting your wittle fewwings hurt.

When was the last time a journalist who has a history of sending you hostile emails disparaged your character and reputation repeatedly in both a blog and on the radio? He repeatedly wrote some things worse than the rabbit boiling stuff, and erased all my comments and objections to this to intentionally and maliciously give people an improper and ugly impression.

I never said that I was interested in suing anybody. But if you looked at that link that was written by an attorney, he believed that I had a viable cause of action given all the things that were written and said. Lawsuits solve nothing--I just wanted some football information and I wanted him to stop impugning my character.

Whatever.
We'll invite him over to our tailgate.... By the time we get done with ol Dicky, he'll be groveling at your feet, Steph.
Old 04-09-2009   #330
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We'll invite him over to our tailgate.... By the time we get done with ol Dicky, he'll be groveling at your feet, Steph.
Do we have to beat him up? I mean, that's just so easy, can't we do better?

Alright so we get a big glass box with a funnel sticking about ass-level, lock little dickie inside and everyone who walks by can just fart into it! We'd be paying back the stink he's been giving us!!!
Old 04-09-2009   #331
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Everyone knows only tools refer to themselves in the third person.

I don't get around here much lately, so I'll take Hardcore's word for it that you seem like a good guy. You really should do yourself a favor and edit that.

The 3rd person bit is part of the persona. I hope you can dig it.

Being a tool is cool with me.
Old 04-09-2009   #332
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 3rd person bit is part of the persona. I hope you can dig it.

Being a tool is cool with me.
Dunno, usually I just come on this board to read takes by people that just want to talk football.

So I guess I understand all the flamethrowing now that I know it's a "persona" doing it.
Old 04-10-2009   #333
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower. Maybe we should talk football sometime?

Okay...I can live with that too.

I don't have anything against anyone. I am sure Texanchick's blog is very informative as people have indicated.

Anyone else wanna try to get Roc's (since y'all hate that so much) goat?
Old 04-10-2009   #334
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

"what's the matter with you Roc?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pqfHRuTHM
Old 04-10-2009   #335
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

so.... is it football season yet? I guess it is about this time every year people start to pissing each other off.
Old 04-10-2009   #336
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower. Maybe we should talk football sometime?

Okay...I can live with that too.

I don't have anything against anyone. I am sure Texanchick's blog is very informative as people have indicated.

Anyone else wanna try to get Roc's (since y'all hate that so much) goat?
You may not believe it, but I'm really not trying to get Roc's goat.

I really agree with you to an extent. I think all the RJ hate is pretty ridiculous myself. I said as much on this thread a couple of days ago.

I just don't agree with you flaming TC because another lawyer thought she should sue a guy who uses a public forum for libel (which is illegal.)

Quote:
li⋅bel
   /ˈlaɪbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy-buhl] Show IPA noun, verb, -beled, -bel⋅ing or (especially British) -belled, -bel⋅ling.
–noun
1. Law.
a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b. the act or crime of publishing it.
c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
–verb (used with object)
3. to publish a libel against.
4. to misrepresent damagingly.
5. to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.
The bottom line is that the dude accused her of being a stalker. Being that there are laws against stalking, I'm pretty sure she might have a case for libel if she wanted to pursue it.

If it sounds ridiculous to you, then that's the law system. To recycle an already overused expression, "don't hate the player, hate the game."

I'm pretty sure that we agree we'd both rather be talking football right now. I blame the NFL for changing the draft date.
Old 04-10-2009   #337
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
so.... is it football season yet? I guess it is about this time every year people start to pissing each other off.
Basically. Every year. Pretty much sums it up.
Old 04-10-2009   #338
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

So.....How 'Bout Them Texans?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 04-10-2009   #339
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So since I don't go with the mob I am the flamethrower.
No, it's because you're steadfast in your defense of that slimeball Justice without knowing all the facts i.e. not seeing his disparaging remarks towards Steph and just assuming she's full of it. Nothing worse than a know-it-all who doesn't know it all. That's why you get labeled a flamethrower.

I'm glad you're confident in your ways, or at least you think you are. But as is usually the case, with youngsters in particular these days, they don't know the difference between being confident and being an arrogant prick. I'm not saying that applies to you...I don't know you. But your internet persona comes off that way and unfortunately more times than not, I've seen it carry over into who you are off the 'net.

So if you're confident, fine. Hell maybe you're confident in being an arrogant prick, I don't know. But that's why you get the label...flamethrower or whatever the case may be. So now you know.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 04-10-2009   #340
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post

LOL...thats why you my boy, hoss.

I am not knocking anyone. I know for a fact that TC is very intelligent lady. I just read for grins the barbs being thrown at a blank wall til the piling on Nunusguy. Been here forever and he gets called out for stating his view.

And no one threw out "lawsuit"...she did. If it's not an option then why bring it up? People are sick of lawyers and bogus litigation. That will quickly rub others the wrong way. "Loser pays" should solve that.

*Roc is in no way implying that TC is that type of attorney. I have no clue what field she specializes in, what she has been involved in, ect.*

Ok...you can get my goat. This would be how...

Captain Mickey comes on his outdoors show and says..."That a-hole, Roc can't fish. That sorry SOB couldn't even catch a cold....much less a hardhead on dead shrimp."

Okay...he'd be questioning my manhood then. I can too catch a cold. I had the sniffles last week.

But I won't hit my favorite fishing board and post it all up. And I wouldn't knock anyone that disagrees with me.

This arrogant prick is off to shower, then I will take that c-note over to Sushi Hana (the new one..99 and Westaprk Toll Road) and suck on some sake' at the bar.

Join me...the first Kirwin is on me.

Last edited by Drew_Smoke; 04-10-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read