Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008   #201
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
So do you have to coordinate with Hou-Tex now before you can change your signature?
I think the sig battle may be over............. for now!
Old 08-29-2008   #202
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I made my own ode to Dick. Since he can make shit up and pass it off as real, so can I.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-29-2008   #203
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I made my own ode to Dick. Since he can make shit up and pass it off as real, so can I.
I'm not even touching this one ... .
Old 08-29-2008   #204
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Really?

In any event, here's my account: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/29/h...y-attacks-ale/

I was hesitant to write it because mainstream media v. bloggers is very played out, but I thought it was out of line to delete my comments and then leave the impression on both his blog and on the radio that I was a stalker. And in the bigger scheme of things, I think it is a good idea to shed light on what that Gibbs article was all about, and how he responds to reasonable questions about his work.

But overall, I just find it sad.
Nice read. The truth has been said, at the end of the day that's all you can do in a sense. RJ has proven that he doesn't understand what it is to be a professional, almost acting like he can't be touched or has too much power or something. I think a person in his position, a sports writer (and I use the term loosely) in a major city should be more responsible.
Old 08-29-2008   #205
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Nice read. The truth has been said, at the end of the day that's all you can do in a sense. RJ has proven that he doesn't understand what it is to be a professional, almost acting like he can't be touched or has too much power or something. I think a person in his position, a sports writer (and I use the term loosely) in a major city should be more responsible.
Hell, all journalists should be more responsible, period. The sports writers in this city on the chron see themselves AS the entertainment, not reporters bringing us news about the entertainment. There's a time and place for that sort of chicanery, and it should be contained to things like sports radio, where you walk in expecting entertainment mixed with sports info and analysis.

Dick writes his stuff like he's a message board poster, on a message board, for the express purpose of stirring the pot. That would be fine if he were a random poster in the NSZ, but when folks want to get the news about their sports teams and objective criticism about the good and bad, they simply can't rely on the people employed by this city's only paper.

If I were a writer assigned to the politics beat, would it be appropriate for me to ask my readers to come up with negative nicknames for a politician in order to mock that politician? Or bash them because I don't like them?

Journalism in a lot of places is two steps away from being TMZ. That's why, when people like Tim Russert pass away, you get a sinking feeling that there's really no one who will fill his void, and provide quality reporting and analysis with integrity. ESPN is sadly degrading the quality of sports reporting as well, encouraging honks like Dick Justice to be a squawking head who wants to be the product rather than report on it.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-29-2008   #206
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my late reply to DICK. He's probably too chicken******* to post it but here it is for him to read while he's trolling boards looking for his opinion. I tailgate with TC and consider her a friend, so this really ticked me off. I had to edit my reply to tone it down so it at least had a chance to be posted, but the first draft was not nearly as nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DICK,
You showed your yellow belly by deleting her comments. You wrote your initial post becuase you were mad at Gibbs for not giving you the time of day and then when you got called out for your obvious panty-wadding, you decided to try and turn this on Stephanie. Then you get called out for doing that on someone who, as far as the locals go (you know, the people who pay your salary by reading what you write when you AREN'T acting like a pouting 5-year-old) has way more credibility when it comes to football than you do. You may have the job of a journalist, but as far as journalistic integrity goes, Steph has more as part-time blogger than you do. You better hope she doesn't manage to get her own radio show or column in Houston, becuase your column's dismal readership will dwindle lower than it already is. Your lucky in one respect though.... since Steph is a well-paid and well-respected contract attorney in Houston, she won't go after your job since she'd probably have to take a significant pay cut.
Your one of the reasons the internet has benefitted sports fans more than anything else. At least now we have a choice in who and what to read and aren't forced to get our information from bad local sports writers.
Old 08-30-2008   #207
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems little dickie has gotten some heat because a lot of the comments were put back in. All but Stephs of course. Sorry about that. In the end Justice will not be able to live this down for az very long time, if ever.
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2008   #208
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I've contacted the Chronicle Sports Editor by email to get RJ to stop impugning my reputation. I'm not sure if it will help.

I wake up this morning to find people emailing me about this blast:

Quote:
I see a lot of references to this "Stephanie" person but I don't see any of her comments. Did they get lost in the mail along with Spec's invite? Come on, Ritchie...post her comments! Are you man enough to let us see the truth and decide for ourselves? Isn't that what they taught you at journalism school? I sure hope so because it's obvious by your replies they left logic off the curriculum!

[Dangit, I forgot that I posted them all, then deleted them. I can't even remember the final straw. Anyway, she has her own blog, so everything she writes is available. Just google her name and you'll find our blog. Oops, I mean her blog. Between her comments and emails, I ran out of patience. She seemed just a little too interested in me if you know what I mean and I think you do. Funny thing is I've never met her. I heard she was hanging around outside the Super Bowl media center a couple of years ago, but I slipped out the back way.--Richard]
I made four comments in two blog posts. He published three. The fourth one was an objection to his Fatal Attraction reference. I haven't commented on his blog in eons other than those four comments.

I don't believe in publishing private emails, but I guess I at least should consider it given the wildly inappropriate and inaccurate impression he is leaving.

And I was credentialed to be at the Super Bowl media center. I was going to be a guest on a national radio program. It didn't end up happening because of technical problems but it was great hanging out at radio row waiting for those problems to be resolved because I got to see many NFL players, such as Joe Namath, Joe Montana. etc.

Sigh.
Old 08-30-2008   #209
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am seriously getting pissed off that this SOB is allowd to do this. You would think someone would tell him not to do this that it will only end badly for him. It really is pathetic and disgusting how he is acting.
Old 08-30-2008   #210
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

TC, I seriously hope that you get somewhere with the sports editor. Like Spec, I'm getting pissed about this too.

And Stemp, he posted your comments! Good job.

Old 08-30-2008   #211
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they would just replace Justice and McClain along with his boobz errr Anna Megan .... She doesnt make him anymore readable nor credable.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 08-30-2008   #212
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ms. Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think the sig battle may be over............. for now!

Attachment 315

"Oh Mr. Young"..

Last edited by kcdoubleeagle; 10-02-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2008   #213
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ms. Justice

you cant blame steph for 'stalking' dickie.. i mean what a looker. add that to his obviously great personality and can you spell CATCH

unfortunately you're just going to have to take a number, wait and hope you get lucky like everybody else steph
Old 08-31-2008   #214
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Growing old is mandatory, growing up.... as "some" of you know is optional.
Old 08-31-2008   #215
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew I had seen this man before but I couldn't place it.......

....until now!

Whenever I am in a public restroom paying homage to Bud Adams, I see Richard Justice peering over the stall walls.
Old 08-31-2008   #216
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 171989 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

....until now!

Whenever I am in a public restroom paying homage to Bud Adams, I see Richard Justice peering over the stall walls.
could that be where he gets his "insight"??
Old 08-31-2008   #217
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

If I ever saw Richard Justice in person, I would fight him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
Old 08-31-2008   #218
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

....until now!

He looks like he could be Olive Oye's brother. that ungrateful whore
Old 08-31-2008   #219
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
He reminds of a turtle...seeing his picture and the way he retracts his comments...sort of like how a turtle retracts his head into his shell.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Old 08-31-2008   #220
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Did I mention that I just got photoshop? Here is my very first effort.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read