Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008   #181
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The I hate Dickie Injustice Thread

Someone posted a link to this article on Justice's blog

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/11317...luca28.article

Quote:
Sox on Mariotti's split: 'It's about time'
REACTION | The self-proclaimed tough-guy columnist never faced his targets, and that's the main reason he was considered a coward in clubhouses

August 28, 2008Recommend (107)

BY CHRIS DE LUCA cdeluca@suntimes.com
BALTIMORE -- Word of Jay Mariotti's split with the Chicago Sun-Times reached the White Sox' clubhouse minutes after their victory Tuesday night against the Baltimore Orioles, and the reaction could be heard outside.

Once again, Mariotti should've been there to witness it first-hand.
Justice's reply was ouch
Old 08-28-2008   #182
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It wouldn't suprise me if something was done on his blog that would have him approve the comments before they are posted.

he is taking a well deserve comment beating..

What gets me is TC put out straight forward facts for discussion and he helped turn in into a circus (it was a circus with the blog) and to me. I am not from Houston and have never been there but I can't believe that He is a (don't want to offend anyone) "sports writer" .. and honestly feel he wasted his money on that college education to get a piece of paper..

I guess when there is no competition,one doesn't have to try
Old 08-28-2008   #183
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
It wouldn't suprise me if something was done on his blog that would have him approve the comments before they are posted.

he is taking a well deserve comment beating..

What gets me is TC put out straight forward facts for discussion and he helped turn in into a circus (it was a circus with the blog) and to me. I am not from Houston and have never been there but I can't believe that He is a (don't want to offend anyone) "sports writer" .. and honestly feel he wasted his money on that college education to get a piece of paper..

I guess when there is no competition,one doesn't have to try
This is how the blog software works.

Usually, the writer of the blog has to approve every single comment made if they are going to be published. The directions I was given that we were to publish everything unless it was vulgar or used naughty words.

By having the writer of the blog approve the comments, then the blog author has the ability to respond to them immediately. (Personally, I used to publish first and then comment to people all at once because it took less time).

It is an amazing time suck. I am sure that the journalists for the Chronicle do not take joy in publishing blog comments.

Sometimes, if you were going to be away from the computer, a blog editor would approve the comments.

Once in a while a blog comment comes through that you miss publishing because of the way the software works. There should never be a situation where blog posts are "accidentally" deleted.

It is extremely poor blog form to delete published posts (unless you notice later that they are vulgar or something). Deleting published posts just because you disagree with them is something that you expect the Chinese to do, to hide controversies they don't want their people to find out about.
Old 08-28-2008   #184
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks again TC for clarification
Old 08-28-2008   #185
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Dickie was on the radio with John and Lance this morning on the verge of a semi-whine about the difference in baseball versus basketball and football fans. He doesn't think anyone can criticize the Texans without the fans getting their undies in a bunch, where as baseball fans are not as likely to raise a stink.

I guess if Dick wrote an even-handed and competent assessment of his two weak sports -- bball and footbal -- and didn't base his opinions on not liking coaches or because we didn't draft VY, then there wouldn't be much of an issue.

And when people criticize his weaknesses in coverage and obvious bias, he blames the veracity of the fans, not his own lack of objectivity and ability. Dude is laughable.

Props to the people emailing 1560 to support TC. Lance stood up for her too.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-28-2008   #186
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 8856 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, we have a reputation for NOT criticizing the Texans? Which message board is that?

You got a nice shoutout this morning for yourself IJ.
Old 08-28-2008   #187
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Wait, we have a reputation for NOT criticizing the Texans? Which message board is that?

You got a nice shoutout this morning for yourself IJ.
I did? I didn't hear the whole show...just the part where they talked about TC and I think Texan Bill emailed the show to defend her.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2008   #188
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I did? I didn't hear the whole show...just the part where they talked about TC and I think Texan Bill emailed the show to defend her.
Is there a transcript of this anywhere? Does anyone know?
Old 08-28-2008   #189
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, they read part of my email....

After Dick started in about TC and his kid's rabbit, I wrote this and they responded "LOL"

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:30 AM
To: Bill ******
Subject: RE: Dickie

LOL

Posted At: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:29 AM
Posted To: Doublerods
Conversation: Dickie
Subject: Dickie

Dickie – I love rabbit stew!! Steph, go hunting!!!

Texan_Bill
Old 08-28-2008   #190
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 8856 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not major. They just started off this morning saying they had women listeners, and said 'IlliniJen listens to the show.'
Old 08-28-2008   #191
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans are going to run Dick Justice out of town. Awesome.
Old 08-28-2008   #192
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Texans fans are going to run Dick Justice out of town. Awesome.
Mess with the bull, get the fans.

Yes, I made the up on the fly. There is no off position on the genius switch.

Old 08-28-2008   #193
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Whew!!!!!! I just saw this thread (haven't been on in a while) and thought, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?.....

I thought there was a thread about me, after reading it I'm glad it wasn't!
Old 08-28-2008   #194
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
The good thing is that I don't have to keep up with the Baylor-Wake Forest game. Justice is keeping up with it. And he's rubbing it in, too. Baylor trails 17-0 early in the second quarter. Right about now, Art Briles may wish he were back at the U of Houston.
john McClain's live blog
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2008/08/l..._texans_1.html
Old 08-29-2008   #195
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

FSN's post game just anounced that next weeks topic will be "How the Texans linemen like the new zone blocking scheme and offensive line coach Alex Gibbs".

Methinks someone from FSN has been browsing the board.
Old 08-29-2008   #196
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
FSN's post game just anounced that next weeks topic will be "How the Texans linemen like the new zone blocking scheme and offensive line coach Alex Gibbs".

Methinks someone from FSN has been browsing the board.

Really?

In any event, here's my account: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/29/h...y-attacks-ale/

I was hesitant to write it because mainstream media v. bloggers is very played out, but I thought it was out of line to delete my comments and then leave the impression on both his blog and on the radio that I was a stalker. And in the bigger scheme of things, I think it is a good idea to shed light on what that Gibbs article was all about, and how he responds to reasonable questions about his work.

But overall, I just find it sad.
Old 08-29-2008   #197
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Really?

In any event, here's my account: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/29/h...y-attacks-ale/

I was hesitant to write it because mainstream media v. bloggers is very played out, but I thought it was out of line to delete my comments and then leave the impression on both his blog and on the radio that I was a stalker. And in the bigger scheme of things, I think it is a good idea to shed light on what that Gibbs article was all about, and how he responds to reasonable questions about his work.

But overall, I just find it sad.
Why would you be hesitant about writing that piece when all you did was expose this poor excuse of a fish wrap hack - for who he is....

"Dickie is who we thought he was.... Don't let him off the hook!"
Old 08-29-2008   #198
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why would you be hesitant about writing that piece when all you did was expose this poor excuse of a fish wrap hack - for who he is....

"Dickie is who we thought he was.... Don't let him off the hook!"
New sig material?
Old 08-29-2008   #199
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
New sig material?
Maybe.... Maybe change it up a little:

"Dickie is who we thought he was and we WON'T let him off the hook!"
Old 08-29-2008   #200
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Maybe.... Maybe change it up a little:

"Dickie is who we thought he was and we WON'T let him off the hook!"
So do you have to coordinate with Hou-Tex now before you can change your signature?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read