Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2008   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The All TexansTalk Football Team

Because Im bored, and because the team really really sucks on d right now. How would our team look, if comprised entirely of message board posters. Im using an arbitrary standard. So there.

Our Offense:

QB: Vinny-The leader of our veritable message board forum and team. Smart and accurate with his posts, makes this team go. Unanimous first ballot hall of fame

LT:Infantrycak-A cornerstone of our franchise, he is a regular, everyday dependable poster, and someone to build a forum around

LG:Wolf-Always here, but rarely seen. You don't notice wolf because wolf doesn't blow assignments or posts. An allstar at his position, without a doubt

Center: Redzone- Just as the center starts every play by snapping the ball, RZ starts pretty much every thread in the NSZ. A good guy to have inside, and relentless in pursuit of a target to block into the ground

Right Guard:Showtime100- Another anchor on the best message board oline ever assembled. Brings flash to the position, and a love of airplanes.

Right Tackle: Texan Bill- The offense, nay, this team wouldn't be the same without him. Brings a sense of humor to the place, along with inside jokes galore! All-pro, All-madden, All-forum

FB: Luv-Ya-Blue- What do you need from a fullback? Somebody willing to smash repeatedly into the same wall over and over for the greater good. Tenacity, bravery, and fortitude define this poster. Does the dirty work in the trenches

Half Back- Hervoyel: Master of moving the chains, grinding it out, and finding the end zone. Every time he touches a post, something good happens. The rarest of animals, a franchise back. Before Steve Slaton, the only one the city had.

Tight End: Double Barrell Darrell- A Team leader, a laid back guy, and a guy who can both start threads and contribute. Universally respected, and great hands. Also makes mean breakfast tacos for tailgate.

WR1- AJ- Shares the name of the teams WR1, and brings an inside viewpoint to the rest of us fans that is unrivaled. A definite weapon.

WR2- TD- A contributor in both name and money, and a contributor to the forums. Has one of the highest reps ever assembled. Money when it counts...and lets be honest, recievers should just have 2 initials.

To the Defense!...next post

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #2
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All TexansTalk Football Team

Can I be the rabble rousing emotional leader on defense. Maybe SS.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass Rush DE: Kaiser Toro- Strong in all of his posts, quick on the reply, unquestioned respect. A captain, and a warrior.

DT1: Porky- Adds meat to the middle of an already strong line. Always willing to expand on a point, and adds substance to a debate. You want porky in the middle.

DT2: Lucky- A posting force. High post count, high post relevance, high value to the team. You win in the trenches...and this forum is Lucky we have Lucky

Run stuffing DE: EriaDoc- Shuts down bad threads with insight and wisdom. Very highly respected amongst peers.

ROLB: PowerfullDragon- Disappears for long stretches, then reappears and makes threadsaving posts. Drinks Lonestar before every game

MLB: Dante- The heart of the defense...and the heart of one of the best threads ever created. A team without dante is incomplete.

LOLB: SheTexan- Always around the threads, always making posts, always bringing the good quality. Dependable, comes to the boards everyday.

CB1: TexansChick- She covers everything TexansTalk. Always on the ball, always fast to react, and always thorough, she is the face of this forum to the nation.
CB2: MexicanTexan: I don't think anybody in the posting world is as fast as him when he's on his game. He's put up numbers that will never be matched in speed.

FS: Swtbound07- Yeah, i put me on my own list. Im an ego. Lurks in the background, waiting to make the big post. Covers a lot of different forums. The last line of defense for certain subjects. Often a position of controversy

SS: Dreadhead-Brings the wood with every post. A hitter, and a staunch defender. If you need him, he's there.

Team Trainer- Cloak n Dagger- we've all came to him for excellent medical analysis and info. We need CND.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 08-22-2008   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. Despite my best efforts I still don't make the team.
Old 08-22-2008   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'll take practice squad QB.
Old 08-22-2008   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-22-2008   #7
Ckw

Cody

The kicker. I am always around but only come in to make the plays when I am called on.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2008   #8
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dibs on Richard Smith!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm....I guess I have to work on my game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Because Im bored, and because the team really really sucks on d right now. How would our team look, if comprised entirely of message board posters. Im using an arbitrary standard. So there.

Our Offense:

QB: Vinny-The leader of our veritable message board forum and team. Smart and accurate with his posts, makes this team go. Unanimous first ballot hall of fame

LT:Infantrycak-A cornerstone of our franchise, he is a regular, everyday dependable poster, and someone to build a forum around

LG:Wolf-Always here, but rarely seen. You don't notice wolf because wolf doesn't blow assignments or posts. An allstar at his position, without a doubt

Center: Redzone- Just as the center starts every play by snapping the ball, RZ starts pretty much every thread in the NSZ. A good guy to have inside, and relentless in pursuit of a target to block into the ground

Right Guard:Showtime100- Another anchor on the best message board oline ever assembled. Brings flash to the position, and a love of airplanes.

Right Tackle: Texan Bill- The offense, nay, this team wouldn't be the same without him. Brings a sense of humor to the place, along with inside jokes galore! All-pro, All-madden, All-forum

FB: Luv-Ya-Blue- What do you need from a fullback? Somebody willing to smash repeatedly into the same wall over and over for the greater good. Tenacity, bravery, and fortitude define this poster. Does the dirty work in the trenches

Half Back- Hervoyel: Master of moving the chains, grinding it out, and finding the end zone. Every time he touches a post, something good happens. The rarest of animals, a franchise back. Before Steve Slaton, the only one the city had.

Tight End: Double Barrell Darrell- A Team leader, a laid back guy, and a guy who can both start threads and contribute. Universally respected, and great hands. Also makes mean breakfast tacos for tailgate.

WR1- AJ- Shares the name of the teams WR1, and brings an inside viewpoint to the rest of us fans that is unrivaled. A definite weapon.

WR2- TD- A contributor in both name and money, and a contributor to the forums. Has one of the highest reps ever assembled. Money when it counts...and lets be honest, recievers should just have 2 initials.

To the Defense!...next post
Quote:
Pass Rush DE: Kaiser Toro- Strong in all of his posts, quick on the reply, unquestioned respect. A captain, and a warrior.

DT1: Porky- Adds meat to the middle of an already strong line. Always willing to expand on a point, and adds substance to a debate. You want porky in the middle.

DT2: Lucky- A posting force. High post count, high post relevance, high value to the team. You win in the trenches...and this forum is Lucky we have Lucky

Run stuffing DE: EriaDoc- Shuts down bad threads with insight and wisdom. Very highly respected amongst peers.

ROLB: PowerfullDragon- Disappears for long stretches, then reappears and makes threadsaving posts. Drinks Lonestar before every game

MLB: Dante- The heart of the defense...and the heart of one of the best threads ever created. A team without dante is incomplete.

LOLB: SheTexan- Always around the threads, always making posts, always bringing the good quality. Dependable, comes to the boards everyday.

CB1: TexansChick- She covers everything TexansTalk. Always on the ball, always fast to react, and always thorough, she is the face of this forum to the nation.
CB2: MexicanTexan: I don't think anybody in the posting world is as fast as him when he's on his game. He's put up numbers that will never be matched in speed.

FS: Swtbound07- Yeah, i put me on my own list. Im an ego. Lurks in the background, waiting to make the big post. Covers a lot of different forums. The last line of defense for certain subjects. Often a position of controversy

SS: Dreadhead-Brings the wood with every post. A hitter, and a staunch defender. If you need him, he's there.

Team Trainer- Cloak n Dagger- we've all came to him for excellent medical analysis and info. We need CND.
Props SWT, Nice job, very creative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
But, got to be careful if you left out Khari.
Old 08-22-2008   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Cody

The kicker. I am always around but only come in to make the plays when I am called on.
Ah come one. No love for the new Texans Talk kicker? I mean with such a stout offense and a dominating defense, I'm rarely needed but when I come in the game, I deliver yo! And I can boot the ball 60 yards.
Old 08-22-2008   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Ah come one. No love for the new Texans Talk kicker? I mean with such a stout offense and a dominating defense, I'm rarely needed but when I come in the game, I deliver yo! And I can boot the ball 60 yards.
You can be the kicker if I get to be the long snapper. I'm rarely noticed unless I screw up.

Old 08-22-2008   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
You can be the kicker if I get to be the long snapper. I'm rarely noticed unless I screw up.

Deal!
Old 08-22-2008   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
you were thought of. i couldnt find a position for your unique talents

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 08-22-2008   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
you were thought of. i couldnt find a position for your unique talents
So when will you add the Special Teams? Ckw and I are anxious.

Old 08-23-2008   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Um... Can I be the strength coach?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

me, thorn, and glasshalffull have dibs on the waterboy position.

/evil laugh
Old 08-23-2008   #18
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

man, I'm defecting to the TOMB and joining their All-TOMB team

see you guys on the fictitious message board football field

we'll see who gets the last laugh
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
me, thorn, and glasshalffull have dibs on the waterboy position.

/evil laugh

I think Iím the broken down aging player signed for a billion dollars that canít do anything. Or, I could be the young draftee that gets caught with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his locker. Either way, it doesnít look like I make the team. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's that swtbound07 voodoo doll?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read