Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2008   #21
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pink Slip Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You guys know how I feel about Salaam... After watching that fiasco tonight, I'd take Salaam, Victor Riley, Jimmy Herndon, and just about any stiff that has ever walked through the Texan doors rather than that scrub of a player Studdard. What a joke!!!
Studdard has potential...don't give up on him yet. He takes things personal and he'll give as much heart and effort as anyone on the field. He'll become a quality guard in this league.

My pinkslips are..
1) Faggins
2) Cook (did you really need to give us a reason?)
Old 08-23-2008   #22
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green
Reeves & Faggins - just throw Molden out there, he cant be any worse
Weaver - really, would you miss him??
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Studdard has potential...don't give up on him yet. He takes things personal and he'll give as much heart and effort as anyone on the field. He'll become a quality guard in this league.

My pinkslips are..
1) Faggins
2) Cook (did you really need to give us a reason?)
Faggins was one of the best defensive players out there tonight.

And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has. I thought that as well based on the enthusiasm of Kubiak. However, he's unathletic, fat, slow, has very short arms, and consistantly gets his ass kicked on the field.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My point on JJ, as I posted, was that he didn't make any huge mistakes. If bobbling a tough catch in the back of the end zone with a defender on him tight and the boundary line is a huge mistake, or if the failed 2-pt. conversion is a huge mistake, then what were the fumbles over the first two games?

JJ didn't acquit himself well as a WR, but we all know he's the #4 at best, and probably #5 guy. It was his method of carrying the ball that concerned me more than anything he did tonight. He had one decent return, and he had a failed two-point conversion that he probably should have caught. *shrug*
Old 08-23-2008   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
My point on JJ, as I posted, was that he didn't make any huge mistakes. If bobbling a tough catch in the back of the end zone with a defender on him tight and the boundary line is a huge mistake, or if the failed 2-pt. conversion is a huge mistake, then what were the fumbles over the first two games?

JJ didn't acquit himself well as a WR, but we all know he's the #4 at best, and probably #5 guy. It was his method of carrying the ball that concerned me more than anything he did tonight. He had one decent return, and he had a failed two-point conversion that he probably should have caught. *shrug*
Come on, 52 yd is more than a decent return!

He set us up at the Girls' 44 yd line as we trailed 16-23
And yeah, we went on and scored that TD!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #26
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has.
dale, Studdard had played pretty well against the B-teamers this preseason. He got a chance to lineup against the varsity tonight, and was exposed. The Texans are pretty deep at tackle (I didn't think I would ever say that), so maybe Frye can get some reps at guard vs Tampa Bay?
Old 08-23-2008   #27
bollocks
Veteran

Reeves
Studdard
Jones
Green
Richard Smith
Weaver

That would be a good start in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2008   #28
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Faggins was one of the best defensive players out there tonight.

And I'm not sure what potential Studdard has. I thought that as well based on the enthusiasm of Kubiak. However, he's unathletic, fat, slow, has very short arms, and consistantly gets his ass kicked on the field.
If you look over the long haul, Faggins has been saving face for a while now. One semi-decent game won't save him from the boot! He's had plenty of games to prove himself, even against inferior competition. Problem is, he fails to prove he belongs. Thus....goodbye!!!

As far as Studdard...not his best effort tonight, but for sure a campaign where Kubiak understands his potential. He didn't exactly go against the Cardinals, but he could have had a better outing. However, you can't really complain about the effort put fourth against a superior team such as the Cowboys.
Old 08-23-2008   #29
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Jacoby Jones didn't make any huge mistakes tonight, but did anyone else notice how he was carrying the ball, and how he almost got the ball stripped on one of his returns? He needs to learn to protect the ball.
He carries the ball like that EVERY SINGLE TIME he returns a punt. It makes me extremely upset and he has to change that. The thing that makes me the most upset is that Joe Marciano HAS to be teaching him and telling him that is the worst possible way to carry a ball when returning... and Jacoby hasn't learned to change it. No coach will ever tell him that its okay to carry it like that. He's done it since day 1 and he coninued it tonight... and it needs to change.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #30
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
If you look over the long haul, Faggins has been saving face for a while now. One semi-decent game won't save him from the boot! He's had plenty of games to prove himself, even against inferior competition. Problem is, he fails to prove he belongs. Thus....goodbye!!!

As far as Studdard...not his best effort tonight, but for sure a campaign where Kubiak understands his potential. He didn't exactly go against the Cardinals, but he could have had a better outing. However, you can't really complain about the effort put fourth against a superior team such as the Cowboys.

The fact that Studdard gave good effort is hardly comforting regarding his performance. The results of his effort is really bad due to the fact that he appears to be a bad technician and a bad athlete. That's not a recipe for success.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fact that Studdard gave good effort is hardly comforting regarding his performance. The results of his effort is really bad due to the fact that he appears to be a bad technician and a bad athlete. That's not a recipe for success.
pretty much what I'd expect from a 6th rd. pick. yeah Kasey lacks foot speed, hand technique & not the best athlete but he is competitive & aggressive you need these type of guys, one to balance the salary cap two for depth & three for pre-season

here was my list after the 2nd preseason game-
  1. FB Jameel Cook
  2. LB Ben Moffit
  3. DL Jesse Nading
  4. OL Cliff Washburn
  5. WR Darnell Jenkins

still seems ok to me but based on last nights performance y'all are coming up with completely different combinations (most are just plain funny) but seriously folks....

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 08-23-2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason: added earlier list from 2nd week
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #32
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Unless someone is gonna run and get me some food they can all be fired.

Screw 'em. I demand perfection. I demand a perectct season. I demqand a super bucking bowln now.

Everyone call can kiss my ass as far as Iam concerned.
Cheers mate, let me get you another one
Old 08-23-2008   #33
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand why people keep listing Faggins. He was a total liability last season but he played a hell of a game tonight. He had some nice PD and played extremely well in run support.

To the contrary, I think he played himself onto the team tonight
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Cheers mate, let me get you another one
Its always both amusing and embarrassing to come in here the day after to see what Ive done. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #35
Rasputin
Mystic

Rep Power: 0 Rasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green
Chris Brown
A. Weaver
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #36
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Jaque "burnt toast" Reeves
Ahman Green
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #37
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right dalemurphy, it also takes talent. In this league it's not enough that you play with heart and try real hard. And he's just never been a fit in this system, which makes it even more challenging for a player with marginal talent at best. He would really have a better opportunity for NFL success
in a system thats more suited to his style of play.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #38
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I don't understand why people keep listing Faggins. He was a total liability last season but he played a hell of a game tonight. He had some nice PD and played extremely well in run support.

Kinda what I was thinking.

cac
Old 08-24-2008   #39
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

From the looks at your lists I can see why your here and not there

This one really fit

Quote:
ron dayne (resign him, then cut him again)

I am afriad our youth have completely gone wacky
Old 08-24-2008   #40
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

Same here. He's been playing his heart out this whole preseason to make the team, I think. He's a good nickle or dime corner, and he played pretty well last night. He's made good tackles in special teams and he even deflected a few passes. He's forced a few fumbles in special teams in the past few years as well. Everyone needs to quit seeing him as the awful starting CB, and they need to see him as a good guy who's good against guys of his own caliber. Being mad at him for trying to cover a wideout with 4.3 speed isn't fair.

Anyway, here's my list.

Richard Smith
Reeves
Weaver
Does Richard Justice count? If so, then him too.
Ahman Green, I guess. :P

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read