Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2008   #61
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Slaton isn't starting week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Taylor longest run of the night.....7 yds against the 1st team.
Slaton longest run of the night....20 yds against the 1st team & i believe he had 2 of those. He's also the only RB of ours to break 6-10 yarders at a pretty good clip throughout the preseason.

Slaton's average for this game would also be higher if Studdard hadn't gotten him blown up twice. This week & last shows that Slaton should be at minimum splitting carries with Taylor. He's forcing his way into the lineup b/c no one else has shown anything else. i believe this excuse of him not being able to pick up on the pass protection is way overblown b/c he somewhat knows the system from WVU. Plus, Kubes is kidding himself if he thinks that Taylor isn't gonna slip up & get Schaub decleated. Aside from all that the kid can just flat out run........end of story.

I don't care who starts frankly and I'm happy with both backs. That being said, I'd rather have a back averaging 4.3 yds per carry with a long of 7 than a back averaging the same with a long of 20. Also, in regards to Taylor, he has converted multiple 3rd downs the past two weeks, including a third and 3 last night and a 3rd and 6 the week before. Those are important things. Besides, neither of these two are going to get 300 carries over the course of the season, so who cares which guy gets the first carry.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #62
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't care if he's starting or not as long as he's getting significant minutes/touches.
Egggzactly!
Old 08-23-2008   #63
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Did Duckett have a good season under Gibbs in Atlanta?
No.

He averaged about 8 carries per game under Gibbs. The first year, he averaged 4.9 ypc but the second, only 3.1.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #64
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't care who starts frankly and I'm happy with both backs. That being said, I'd rather have a back averaging 4.3 yds per carry with a long of 7 than a back averaging the same with a long of 20.
I agree... but remember Slaton lost a bunch on those times he got STUFFED on missed blocks by Studdard. His average would have been higher without those.
Old 08-23-2008   #65
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think green is starting thats intill he gets hurt

it will be slaton maybe on 2nd

and green on 1st and 3rd because hes more of a power runner
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #66
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I think green is starting thats intill he gets hurt

it will be slaton maybe on 2nd

and green on 1st and 3rd because hes more of a power runner
He's a power runner? Well if that's the case then hes the softest power runner I've ever seen in my life.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
He's a power runner? Well if that's the case then hes the softest power runner I've ever seen in my life.
Have you met Mr. Dayne?
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2008   #68
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Green used to be one of the top backs in league.
Old 08-24-2008   #69
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I will eat my texans hat live on webcam.
Man I hope Chris Brown starts against the Steelers, only for the first play though, so I can have some entertainment. Slaton goes for 120 and we still get the hat eating.

Don't forget to let us know where to watch that.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #70
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rookie Steve Slaton, who rushed 10 times for 44 yards in Friday's game, also skipped Sunday's workout with turf toe.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5963782.html

Let's hope this isn't a reoccurring problem.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #71
voltdawg
BattleRed Mopar

Didn't we have a back who averaged 4.2 with a long of 7 yds, last year ?? Ron Dayne
Old 08-25-2008   #72
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdawg View Post
Didn't we have a back who averaged 4.2 with a long of 7 yds, last year ?? Ron Dayne
Dayne: 4.0 ypc, 39 yard longest run, averaged 59.5 ypg on 14.9 attempts per game. Total of 773 yards and 6 TDs.

Walker: 4.6 ypc, 41 yard longest run, averaged 66.0 ypg on 14.5 attempts per game. Total of 264 yards and 1 TD.
Old 08-25-2008   #73
RasTaofarI
Rookie

it's because the team signed shaun alexander
RasTaofarI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #74
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I will eat my texans hat live on webcam.
man I hope your hungry let us know when to tune in.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #75
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready to watch for sure
Old 09-07-2008   #76
RasTaofarI
Rookie

Default slaton for president

or at least a week 2 start
RasTaofarI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #77
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: slaton for president

EAT THE HAT!!!
EAT THE HAT!!!
EAT THE HAT!!!
EAT THE HAT!!!
EAT THE HAT!!!
EAT THE HAT!!!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #78
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #79
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

SWT is about to have to open his big mouth even wider.

Old 09-07-2008   #80
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

allright. Time to set up some logistics. I need a convienient viewing time for all, a tech setup to join you together, and somebody with a webcam. Any way we can conjoin this to charity? maybe get some more money to a good cause? and yes...im going to eat the damn hat.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read