Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs. Cowboys gameday thread

Is anyone else excited about this game? Its going to be nice to see the starters play for more than a couple plays. This will kind of give us a feel for how they're going to look this next year. And as an added bonus it'd be wonderful to beat Dallas at their home field.

Old 08-22-2008   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. Cowboys

Here's my preview:

Cowboys v. Texans: What to Look for in Tonight's Fake Game

Be sure to click on the first link in the post because it cracks me up.

I'm also hoping that they continue to play composed on the road...they need to win more road games next year.
Old 08-22-2008   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

3. The Running Game-Who's The Man? With Ahman Green hurting himself one play into the preseason, only rookie third round pick Steve Slaton has looked particularly promising in limited minutes

Not sure I can completely agree with that. I think D. Walker has shown promising and I kind of wonder why he didn't play last week and I hope to see him tonight.
Old 08-22-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton will be the starter by the Pitt game IMHO, I think D Walker just won't let the coaches cut him, he stays healthy and he produces, I like the guy.

As for the original question, I am EXTREMELY excited about Texans football tonight.
Old 08-22-2008   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Slaton will be the starter by the Pitt game IMHO, I think D Walker just won't let the coaches cut him, he stays healthy and he produces, I like the guy.

As for the original question, I am EXTREMELY excited about Texans football tonight.
In a numbers game, the type of performance Walker showed preseason against backups was just okay--but very limited touches. I think they try to sneak him back on the practice squad despite the Texans saying they worry that he won't clear waivers.
Old 08-22-2008   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I decided to stick this thread, to make headway for the gameday thread.

I'm pumped about this game. We always play pretty bad in Dallas, but I have confidence we'll do ok. It's a good matchup against a 3-4 defense for our starters to get ready for Pittsburgh.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. Cowboys gameday thread

I had better see some of those buttpipe Cowboy fans I work with eating platefulls of Crow on Monday. Getting to watch Saints fans do this earlier this week was a pleasure indeed.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2008   #8
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear the player formerly known as Pac Man will be debuting tonight...wonder what that year off has done for his play....
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
In a numbers game, the type of performance Walker showed preseason against backups was just okay--but very limited touches. I think they try to sneak him back on the practice squad despite the Texans saying they worry that he won't clear waivers.
that's a risky tactic if that's really what they're thinking. i'm not a huge Walker fan but I do think he's improved. I just wonder if the "laying low so nobody sees him" technique isn't a bit of a stretch. perhaps there's something that we're not getting to see about him or maybe about the other young guys. i can't help but think maybe they should be playing him as much as Taylor and Slaton and limit Brown's reps since they "know what kind of football player they have" with Brown.

I do think Walker has shown enough not to clear waivers but it would depend on other teams RB situations and I have no idea what else is going on in the league from that standpoint.

oh, and yeah, super duper excited too.

Go Texans.
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I am also factoring in that we can't count on Ahman Green, who knows what we got with Chris Brown does he show up and produce and battle Slaton for the starting job or does he get a splinter and miss mulitple games? And then there is Taylor.

IF any two can distinguish themselves between now and the start of the season, than I think the third back is Walker. In this scenario in my head, Green is not playing because of injury, shocker I know. And very possible either Taylor or Brown is as well. Sorry to be pessimistic, but if history is an indicator, I would rather be pleasantly suprised than being let down.
Old 08-22-2008   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Be sure to click on the first link in the post because it cracks me up.
the lack of hyperbole in that link is impressive.
Old 08-22-2008   #12
bollocks
Veteran

Five and a half hours to go.

Yes, it's preseason...but watching the Texans beat the Cowboys is always awesome.

I'm hoping to see more of what Slaton can do. As it is, I would say that he is the best RB on our team. However, the downside to this is the effect on Darius Walker. With the same style of running and same general skill set, it's unlikely that Walker would survive the cuts should Slaton turn out to be as good as he's looked in limited action. Then again, I doubt Brown will make it and Taylor has been less than impressive. There's a chance that there might be room for Walker.

Also, I sincerely hope that Jacoby Jones stocked up on stickum last night. Should he muff another play tonight, I think he may be in some serious trouble.
Old 08-22-2008   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 83169 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't had a drink in about 2 years now, if we win tonight I might just have a beer or 12.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

My number 1 hope is that the Texans suffer no serious injurys. Everything else in preseason is a very distant secondary consideration.
I hope we go up to Pitt in good shape for the season opener.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
My number 1 hope is that the Texans suffer no serious injurys. Everything else in preseason is a very distant secondary consideration.
I hope we go up to Pitt in good shape for the season opener.
Here, here!
Old 08-22-2008   #16
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

NATIONALLY TELEVISED!!!! I've spent the last two weeks listening from my car in the driveway thanks to sirius sat radio. I really exited to see who emerges as our RB and I'm betting our special teams comes back with a vengence this week. Jacoby had me excited before and I'm sure he'll be ready save face....
Old 08-22-2008   #17
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That seems most likely to me. Green/Slaton/Brown with Taylor snuck onto the roster as a fullback.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 83169 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing that would make a victory tonight pretty sweet, is being able to see the Girls breakdown the loss on Hardknocks next week.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more than ready for this game to get going!! I've had enough of all the drama surrounding the Olympic games. I don't care WHO plays, I just want to see a TEXAN win! Usually, during preseason, I don't really care much, cause I know those guys are trying out for a job and some of them will walk away with pick slips. BUT, a win against the Cowboys is a WIN anyway you look at it, and it feels damn good!! JMO

It's especially nice knowing all our TEXAN pals around the country can watch the game!! Enjoy the game guys/gals, and we'll expect a report back from you all tomorrow!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Another thing that would make a victory tonight pretty sweet, is being able to see the Girls breakdown the loss on Hardknocks next week.

Reporter: "Well, what happened, Mr. Jones."

Stretch: "Uh, well, uh.............Oh yea, we just pretended to lose."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read