Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2004   #21
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79099 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We have not done an official prediction thread in a while. Let's start one.

I love the Texans but in all honesty, I think the Jags will be focused and primed for this "play-off" game.

Jags 24
Texans 14

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #22
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia

I love the Texans but in all honesty, I think the Jags will be focused and primed for this "play-off" game.

Jags 24
Texans 14
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #23
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:

Jags 24
Texans 14
wow! thanks for not being a homer. I really think that the game will be closer than that. the texans are no slouch, but I don't think that you'll be able to contain freddie T.

Jags 17
Tin-horns 13
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, in the spirit of not being a homer I'll say that the Jags probably should win this game. The Texans don't play all that good on the road, Jacksonville has all the motivation they should need being still in the hunt for a playoff spot, and frankly I think the Jags are little ahead of us on the growth curve.

I believe the only way the Texans win this game is if they come in and get the turnovers going. The defense seems to be coming together nicely but that was the Bears offense on the field last week and we Texans fans shouldn't forget that. It was a good performance by our defense but it was still the Bears. Hopefully (if you're a Texans fan) our defense has the Mo going and can get an early takeaway to keep it going. Also hopefully there's some carryover from Carr's chewing on the line's collective butts and they continue to provide a reasonable amount of protection. Even if they do I don't think the Texans can afford to get into a scoring contest with the Jags this week. If we do then we lose.

Back to homer mode now (cause that's just the way I am) I predict the Texans win this one 17-10.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

13,000 unsold tickets and another blackout
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
*Hears a penny drop*

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #27
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

C'MON MEN! What was different between this meeting and last meeting? The same Jaguars trolls talkin their usual $h!t. Plus the only difference in this game and last game was that fragile fred got injured, and itll probably happen again. Oh! one other thing...the longest gain given up by the Texans in the past two weeks was a 32 yard pass from Payton to Reggie Wayne. TEXANS ROLL!!!(just like the last practice session)

TEXANS-24
PUSSYCATS-10

Last edited by Beastlyman2003; 12-21-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2004   #28
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
i'll take the limping off the field any day, long as he gets back on it for the next series. and he doesn't throw hissy fits like a girl. and he didn't get his hairstyle from michael jackson

We'll see how fast Limpwitch gets up after he gets picked off, then blew up by DROB!!!
Old 12-21-2004   #29
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. I lived in Florida for a couple of years. Fortunately, I was in Gainesville. The Gators rule Florida. The only thing that I saw in Jacksonville was cry babies. Sounds like they are still there!
Texans 31
Pussycats 27
Old 12-21-2004   #30
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn
Default Here kitty, kitty

Texans Defense owns Limpin Lefty and Fred, maybe Taylor will make it to 4 carries this game before he's knocked on his **** and out of the game....again...
FEAR THE DROB!! eek: eek: eek:

The Jags will be hunting the liter box
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #31
Denverbillsfan
Rookie

I don't like the jags and I hope the texans punch them right in them mouth. They have won some very questionable games especially the first game where he came down out of bounds and was not pushed.
Denverbillsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #32
Buffalo_66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverbillsfan
I don't like the jags and I hope the texans punch them right in them mouth. They have won some very questionable games especially the first game where he came down out of bounds and was not pushed.
I agree....Kick thier ***** Houston.....
Old 12-22-2004   #33
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Default You Already Know!

YALL YANKEES KNOW HOW US TEXAS BOYS DO!! We're gonna wreck shop on those PUSSYcats.
Old 12-22-2004   #34
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreTxn
Texans Defense owns Limpin Lefty and Fred, maybe Taylor will make it to 4 carries this game before he's knocked on his **** and out of the game....again...
We better hope because he had 165 yards against the Pack on only 22 carries...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #35
JaxJagFan
Rookie

Default Don't Let The Facts Get In The Way

Quote:
I've heard about Jacksonville fans. I just never see that many when I tune in the tv to watch a game being played at "All-Tarp" Stadium.
Through 7 home games this year, Houston's average attendance is 70,638, Jacksonville's is 69,891. Hooray, you've beat us by 747 fans!
JaxJagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #36
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

What really makes me mad is that this game will be blacked out for me. I live in Orlando. I pay that $174 to see all the games. It is really not fair that we are considered Jags area with all the Dolphins fans and Bucs fans. Jax is definitely not a team most people care about here. Just look the people in Jax don't care about this team. Well I will be routing for Texans.
Old 12-23-2004   #37
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr and Byron Leftwich have faced eachother twice. David Carr was injured fro one game last year. In those two games...

David Carr 28-35 520 yds. 2 tds. 1 int.
Byron Leftwich 42-76 458 yds. 1 tds. 5 int.
Old 12-23-2004   #38
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

OK even if the game is blacked out does that mean that our LOCAL channels wont pick the game up ? if not does that mean i gotta resort to the radio ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #39
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The blackout only applies to a ~75 mile radius of Jacksonville, Florida -- Northeast Florida and southeast GA.

Your local CBS affiliate in Huntsville will have the game as usual.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004   #40
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok good i was about to have a heart attack or buy a ticket and go to the game ! thanks for the info AJ !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read