Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-20-2008   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21071 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A little historical perspective...

So I work with a bunch of annoying cowboy fans right, who are always telling me how much my team sucks and the cowboys are the best thing since sliced bread and all. Well I decided to compare the history of both teams for the first six years and well, its interesting.
Cowboys record:
1960 0-11-1
1961 4-9-1
1962 5-8-1
1963 4-10
1964 5-8-1
1965 7-7
Texans record:
2002 4-12
2003 5-11
2004 7-9
2005 2-14
2006 6-10
2007 8-8
Cowboys record after six years: 25-53-4 Texans after six years: 32-64
Now, the Cowboys posted a 10-3-1 record in their seventh year and won their first superbowl against the dolphins in 1971 after 12 years in existence.
I know these are two totally different eras but next time some annoying cowboy fan starts in on you, just give them a little historical perspective.
Old 08-20-2008   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A little historical perspective...

Lots of difference between starting a team then and now but history is history.

For instance today it would be virtually impossible for Tom Landry to have held his job with that poor record but he did then....and it eventually worked.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #3
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
but next time some annoying cowboy fan starts in on you, just give them a little historical perspective.
How is this for history?

21-17

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats my quarterback man!
Old 08-21-2008   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

That game was so excited. I was yelling so loud when Tony threw that interception. I brought a tissue box to my school in Arlington. Great times.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Lots of difference between starting a team then and now but history is history.
That's true. The Texans got a much tougher expansion deal. The worst in the history of the NFL, to be exact.
Old 08-21-2008   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
How is this for history?

21-17

Love the Giants love even though it's more about dogging the 'Boys !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's true. The Texans got a much tougher expansion deal. The worst in the history of the NFL, to be exact.
Even though I'm old even I don't remember how teams were assembled in the 60's. I do remember those funky uniforms teams use to wear though!
Old 08-21-2008   #9
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Love the Giants love even though it's more about dogging the 'Boys !!!
For me it's both, besides the Texans I am also a Giants fan. I lived in Albany and the northeast for around 13 years. I am more than happy to display my Giants SB Champions bumpersticker while driving around Austin amongst a throng of Cowboys fans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hows this for a little historical perspective:

Old 08-21-2008   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Had dinner at firdays lastnight and was sporting my Texan Hat and some cowpuke was sitting next to me and he made some wise ass comment. I turned to him and said 0-11-1.

He asked what that ment; I said that was Dallas record their first year, so if you are going to brag about rings of the past you also have to take ownership of having the distinction to have the only season of not winning a game. Something the Texans will never accomplish.
Old 08-21-2008   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we win some Super Bowls, then we can talk smack to Cowboy fans.

Just trying to start trouble.
Old 08-21-2008   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I know these are two totally different eras but next time some annoying cowboy fan starts in on you, just give them a little historical perspective.
I normally give them an "F you"...... seems to work for me, but I'll try it your way.

I've also got side bets with most of them, about who will win a play-off game first..

I like my chances.
Old 08-21-2008   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

So I am to sit there and take it or move?

No Thank You!! They can have a glass of shut the hell up warm or cold I do not care which.
Old 08-21-2008   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: A little historical perspective...

Quote:

What have they done since 2002? As a Texans fan, anything before that point is irrelevant!
Old 08-21-2008   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You have an excellent point. But let me just state that being the unrepentant hypocrite that I am, I will talk smack about the Cowpatties and their fans all day long. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #17
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21071 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The point of me starting this thread wasn't to talk smack to any cowboy fans, just to get them to realize, up to this point, our teams have had a similar record. Does that mean we'll win five superbowls in fifty years? Absolutly not. We may win more, we may win none at all. Only time will tell, but I like the road this team is heading down, for sure.
Old 08-21-2008   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What have they done since 2002? As a Texans fan, anything before that point is irrelevant!
Well uh...ah....let's see...ok....well there was...oh nevermind.

Oh yea. HARD KNOCKS! Ha.....
Old 08-21-2008   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The point of me starting this thread wasn't to talk smack to any cowboy fans, just to get them to realize, up to this point, our teams have had a similar record. Does that mean we'll win five superbowls in fifty years? Absolutly not. We may win more, we may win none at all. Only time will tell, but I like the road this team is heading down, for sure.
Yea good point...who knows? Somehow though I know if the world still exists (and I probably won't..oldtimer here) that in 50 years from now this thread will still be much the same as today's.

Actually as a fan of both teams I don't worry about past achievements. This year is what counts.
Old 08-21-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read