Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2008   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week one opponent

The Steelers have a great home field advantage, a big qb who always finds a way to win, a fast rb who is always a danger to hit the home run and a great safety in Troy Polamalu. What are our chances of "steeling" one on the road?
Old 08-20-2008   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Week one opponent

I'd say 30%.

"steeling"...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #3
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
The Steelers have a great home field advantage, a big qb who always finds a way to win, a fast rb who is always a danger to hit the home run and a great safety in Troy Polamalu. What are our chances of "steeling" one on the road?
I'm scared about that game, oh so very scared!

It's definitely possible I just have alot of respect for that Steelers team, especially in Pittsburgh.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
probably worse than that pun
...if that's possible...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
probably worse than that pun
...if that's possible...
ouch
Old 08-20-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel really good about "steeling" one...

My prediction: Texans 24 - Steelers 6.
And the Texans do it with 47 total yards offensively.....

Oh wait, nevermind...........
Old 08-20-2008   #7
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already got $100 on us beating the Pittsburgh Pennsylvanians. So that should tell you where I stand.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Beating the Steelers could be the difference between starting 2-3 and 1-4 this season. Unless we can pull off a win from the Titans if we loose to Pittsburg.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm going to say 55% chance!! The Texans have played really well historically in game one of the season.

I think that Mario is going to give that weak O line of the Steelers some fits in game one and get them a little unorganized. The main thing I'm worried about is Ben making a lot of plays on us while buying time. I don't see them running the ball all over the Texans in game one of the season. They will still be trying to figure things out.

The Steelers are not a team that I am excited to play this season, but I really like our chances in game one to play them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

I'm saying its a toss up. I think the subtraction of Alan Faneca will effect the Steelers more than they think. Hopefully, Matt Schaub and the boys can go in there and put some points on the board with what is increasingly looking like a very good passing attack.

Last edited by jaayteetx; 08-20-2008 at 07:06 PM.
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #11
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Haha I love it, I remember listening to that game on the NFL.com Radio in utter disbelief.
Old 08-20-2008   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think they're gonna try to pick on Greenwood with screen passes to Willie Parker early and often towards his side. Depending on how we defend that will decide the game imo.
Old 08-20-2008   #13
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I think they're gonna try to pick on Greenwood with screen passes to Willie Parker early and often towards his side. Depending on how we defend that will decide the game imo.
Will Willie be the same player he always has been after that leg break though?
Old 08-20-2008   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Will Willie be the same player he always has been after that leg break though?
Will it matter if the Texans defense defend the flats like they always have?
Old 08-20-2008   #15
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Very true, especially when Jacques Reeves comes down to get _______(insert stiff arm or hurdle or ran over)

Mendenhall will also be picking up the slack for Willie too i'm guessing.
Old 08-20-2008   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Steelers play too well at Heinz field to let one get away. Now the Jags and the Titans are teams that I look to beat in the brutal beginning of the schedule.

I really hope I'm wrong though because I'm going to have a hardcore Steeler fan at my house to watch the game.
Old 08-20-2008   #17
stiff
Rookie

I would say the chances are more realistic or at least more in our favor than the last time the Texans played at Heinz Field when the D played out of its mind and the Texans got out with a Victory.

Of Course our D has improved a bit since the days when Aaron Glenn was our best (arguably) player on defense. Also Tommy Maddux will not be on the field either. I also bet we get more than the 45 yards of total offense we had that day. Does anyone remember the exact total, didnt Glenn have like 3interceptions that day and 2 returned for TDs?
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #18
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think the Steelers play too well at Heinz field to let one get away. Now the Jags and the Titans are teams that I look to beat in the brutal beginning of the schedule.

I really hope I'm wrong though because I'm going to have a hardcore Steeler fan at my house to watch the game.
You're luckier than me, your Squeeler fan is leaving, mine lives with me permanently. And they wonder why the divorce rate is skyrocketing!?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #19
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

The white gloved one is gone, we'll sure to get at least 47 yards on one play.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #20
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans have a good chance to beat the Steelers IF they are aggressive on the defensive side. The Steelers have some real questions with their o-line. Put the pressure on Big Ben and take away Willie P. As far as offensively, our Texans will be able to move the ball on their defense, especially through the air. Their front seven is solid, but they have the same problems the Texans have in the secondary.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read