Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2008   #41
PMSTRIKER
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 PMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVPPMSTRIKER was voted MVP
Default Re: Ahman Green vs Jacoby Jones

I think we should let Steve slaton take PR duty because he hangs on to the football and is just as if not more explosive than JJ. Because so far Jacoby hasn't looked bad in the recieving game as he had that 40 yarder in the first game. JMO
PMSTRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #42
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Maybe I just have a different view point but I believe Green on a thin RB corps is a serious danger. If we cut Green, we would have a corps of young guys (Slaton, Walker, Taylor) of which one or more may step up. If we keep Green and then cut one of the young guys our chances of someone stepping up is reduced because of even fewer backs. Green hasn't played a full season since 2003. Is this really a risk you want to take with a running back in the twilight of his career?
KEYE SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #43
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 150181 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Citing sources?!? Didn't realize I was posting a freaking research paper, but:
Citing sources can be very important in order for people to know what sort of "information" they're dealing with.

Here's an example: yesterday on Rotoworld, I saw a "news" headline that said Ahman Green may be cut from the Texans. I followed that "news" to freakin' John McClain's BLOG where he makes the ASSUMPTION that Green may get cut if he doesn't play in any of the pre-season games. End result: it was merely an opinion from McFatty and not true team news, and therefore not as reliable as the headline made it seem.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #44
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the OP must have some sort of mental disorder.

He can't seem to distinguish fact from fiction. I ask him where did Kubiak say that Jacoby was endanger of losing his job and he gave me a quote from Thomas Hilton. A fan-blogger.

Please don't tell me you're going to take what a fan-blogger say and claim it as a credible source. You're acting like it coming straight from Kubiak's own mouth.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #45
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I wonder what kind of message it sends to the rest of the team if Green isn't cut and is handed the starting job for however many plays he lasts next season.
David Carr part Deux.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
You are citing Thomas Hilton. Fan Blogger Thomas Hilton.

Here is the "warning" the top of the page...

Note: This blogger is a reader offering his own perspective on a subject that interests him. The posts and opinions are his own and are not edited by the Chronicle. He is solely responsible for the content of this blog.

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans...ostgame_1.html

This dude don't know poop from applesauce. He has no sources just speculation. You would have been better of quoting Justice or McClain.
I typed out the entire frickin' presser that Kubiak gave the other day.

He chuckled VERY awkwardly when asked about Jacoby. It was one of those chuckles that was born out of frustration. It was a run-your-hands-through-your-hair-and-let-out-a-big-sigh sort of moment.

THEN...the question popped up about how many WRs Kubiak would carry: 5 or 6. Kubiak said Harry Williams is pushing for a roster spot, and that if we have 6 WRs it appears Harry is fine. But, Kubiak clarified, if we carry only 5 WRs..."then someone is in TROUBLE...(another one of those chuckles I mentioned earlier)."

Speculate this: Jacoby Jones is in a heap'uh trubble.

Some of you guys just can't get a read on the head coach. Kubiak is making it so freaking obvious that Jacoby is running out of chances. You can wish it all away, if you want, but it is what it is: Dude is on the bubble.

I hope he makes it because he is sooooo talented, and we NEED his talent. But the sun is going down on this situation. Quickly.

LOL. "It's all speculation."
Old 08-19-2008   #47
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I typed out the entire frickin' presser that Kubiak gave the other day.

He chuckled VERY awkwardly when asked about Jacoby. It was one of those chuckles that was born out of frustration. It was a run-your-hands-through-your-hair-and-let-out-a-big-sigh sort of moment.

THEN...the question popped up about how many WRs Kubiak would carry: 5 or 6. Kubiak said Harry Williams is pushing for a roster spot, and that if we have 6 WRs it appears Harry is fine. But, Kubiak clarified, if we carry only 5 WRs..."then someone is in TROUBLE...(another one of those chuckles I mentioned earlier)."

Speculate this: Jacoby Jones is in a heap'uh trubble.

Some of you guys just can't get a read on the head coach. Kubiak is making it so freaking obvious that Jacoby is running out of chances. You can wish it all away, if you want, but it is what it is: Dude is on the bubble.

I hope he makes it because he is sooooo talented, and we NEED his talent. But the sun is going down on this situation. Quickly.

LOL. "It's all speculation."
it's all speculation.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2008   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
it's all speculation.
It's all speculation.

Your turn.
Old 08-19-2008   #49
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's all speculation.

Your turn.
lol, i honestly just did that to get a rise out of you.

you can obviously tell kubiak is frustrated, but do you SERIOUSLY think they're gonna cut this guy in his SECOND year? harry williams ain't gonna take him out of a job, i can tell you that much. i'll gladly eat crow if i'm wrong.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #50
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate Illinois speculators.

Ahman good. Jacoby bad.

Old 08-19-2008   #51
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I think the OP must have some sort of mental disorder.

He can't seem to distinguish fact from fiction. I ask him where did Kubiak say that Jacoby was endanger of losing his job and he gave me a quote from Thomas Hilton. A fan-blogger.

Please don't tell me you're going to take what a fan-blogger say and claim it as a credible source. You're acting like it coming straight from Kubiak's own mouth.
Once again, just for you J-Russ:

on the possibility of carrying six receivers rather than five because of how well Harry Williams is playing) “I think, as a coach, you go into it saying five. The way he’s playing right now we have to look real hard at keeping six, because he’s the best guy we’ve got on the field right now when we are in special teams mode. That’s a third of the game and the way he’s playing. He’s going to make us keep six, or if we keep five then somebody is in trouble.

(on the game) “Looking at the special teams, there is some disappointment there. We are looking for more guys to step up. I think Harry Williams has been the ultimate bright spot on special teams. He’s been consistent; he’s making a big push for us to find a roster spot for him on this team, just by how well he’s playing on special teams. I think Nick Ferguson did some good things. Kris (Brown) continues to kick the ball well. Matt (Turk) kicked the ball well. We have to get, overall, just get better. Some of our young guys have got to come on. You look at guys like (Dominque) Barber and (Brandon) Harrison, players like that, Chris Taylor; they have to play well on special teams. I think we have a lot of room for improvement.

Now, this is from Kubiak's press conference on Monday. Hilton posted his update today. Just like GP stated, if you can't read between the lines on what Kubiak is really saying, then who really has the mental disorder?
Old 08-19-2008   #52
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All Jacoby has to do is catch a couple of punts, run straight ahead, and get tackled without fumbling the ball. Just show that he isn't going to run around like a chicken with his head cut off and fumble the ball. Just doing that would go a long way toward getting coaches and fans off his back right now. It's not like we don't know that he could break one any time.

I don't know about Green, but I would've cut him already. If he can't prove his durability this preseason, he shouldn't be on this team come Sept. 1 (approx.).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #53
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

So you wanna break it down for me and tell me where he said Jacoby is endanger? Right now Harry Williams is the darkhorse to make the team not JJ.

Quote:
on the possibility of carrying six receivers rather than five because of how well Harry Williams is playing) “I think, as a coach, you go into it saying five. The way he’s playing right now we have to look real hard at keeping six, because he’s the best guy we’ve got on the field right now when we are in special teams mode.
Because of the way HW is playing now, Kubiak is thinking of taking on 6 WR, but before he intended on having 5 for the start of the season.

Quote:
He’s going to make us keep six, or if we keep five then somebody is in trouble.”
He going to make them think of keeping 6, but if they only keep five then who is in trouble? Gee, the guy Kubiak was talking about in that whole paragraph.

Quote:
(on the game) “Looking at the special teams, there is some disappointment there. We are looking for more guys to step up. I think Harry Williams has been the ultimate bright spot on special teams. He’s been consistent; he’s making a big push for us to find a roster spot for him on this team, just by how well he’s playing on special teams. I think Nick Ferguson did some good things. Kris (Brown) continues to kick the ball well. Matt (Turk) kicked the ball well. We have to get, overall, just get better. Some of our young guys have got to come on. You look at guys like (Dominque) Barber and (Brandon) Harrison, players like that, Chris Taylor; they have to play well on special teams. I think we have a lot of room for improvement.
If we keep HW, it'll mainly be for ST. Which group does he play on ST? Kickoff is where he shine brightest at. I'm not sure if he plays on KR or PR. But unless he can overtake JJ for the PR, then I doubt he is a threat to him there.

WR? Has he even caught a ball in pre-season yet, or at all for the Texans? So far he is not a threat to Jacoby.

He's a threat to Harrison, Barber, and maybe Taylor because they have the same job on special. He's not a threat to Jacoby because their jobs are different on ST. Also Jacoby is going to contribute more on offense then Williams, so he shouldn't be a problem for him on offense either.

So far I have no idea where you got the idea that Jacoby job was endanger because of Harry Williams.

Last edited by J-Russ; 08-19-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2008   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

J-Russ, you ought to be a used-car salesman, I bet you can sell a dozen a day!
Good counterpoints!

I wonder if H.W. still has PS eligibility???
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #55
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow J-Russ, you really got me there. I mean, I must be outta my league trying to trade turns with you. Man, what is wrong with me for thinking that Jacoby is danger of losing his job. Maybe I just read too much into things. Or, it can be that I just not a smart guy like you are. Either way..

"He's going to make us keep six, OR if we keep FIVE then somebody is in trouble."

Gee, J-Russ, I wonder who that sixth WIDE RECEIVER is who would be in trouble? Is it STRONG SAFETY Brandon Harrison? Is it STRONG SAFETY Dominique Barber? Or, is it RUNNINGBACK Chris Taylor? Hmmm, I wonder

If we keep HW, it'll mainly be for ST. Which group does he play on ST? Kickoff is where he shine brightest at. I'm not sure if he plays on KR or PR. But unless he can overtake JJ for the PR, then I doubt he is a threat to him there.

WR? Has he even caught a ball in pre-season yet, or at all for the Texans? So far he is not a threat to Jacoby.

Looks like you've thought of everything that I didn't even take a second to consider J-Russ. You're so smart, and I'm so dumb. Oh, except for the fact that if the Texans keep Jacoby (which is what I stated the Texans should do from the word go), HE WOULD ALSO BE USED MAINLY FOR SPECIAL TEAMS! Think about it-if the Texans go 4 Wide, it's AJ, Walt, AD, and The Mullet; if they go 5 Wide, add in Owen D. So where does that leave my main man Jacoby but on the bench since, in actuality, he plays only one position now which is PR. Using your expertise, HW can only "overtake JJ for the PR" position...

Texans News Flash:

(on how he will handle WR Jacoby Jones) “Well we’re trying them all. First, off we’ve got to get the problems fixed, and it’s easy to say. Obviously we didn’t fix it from week one to week two. He’s (wide receiver Jacoby Jones) got to have a sense of urgency to get it fixed also because that’s going to take place back there somebody else is going to do it. I believe in him. He’s got a lot of ability. He can help this team, but he’s got to settle down, do his job, do it consistently and we’ve also got to have the answer if it’s not being done that way. So this week we are going to work André Davis and David Anderson with him, just even reps back there. (We) plan on probably going into the game using as a punt returner Jacoby Jones and David (Anderson). We’ll make that decision later in the week, but whoever is going to be back there has to protect the ball. I think we had a fair catch situation on the first one. He was trying to make a play, but we’ve got to protect the ball there. (He) should have made the catch on the 12 or 13-yard line to keep us from getting backed up. (There’s) a lot of responsibility there, but hey, this is the big boys and he’s got to step up, handle it and do his job.”

Now I might have a little Gump in me, but it seems to me what Kubiak is saying is that although he wants JJ to be the PR, he now has to prove that he is better at it than two other WIDE RECEIVERS who are ahead of him on the depth chart at WIDE RECEIVER to prove he deserves a spot on this team as a SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER. Or, using your argument he has to beat out two SAFETIES and a RUNNINGBACK.

Man!? I think you're forgetting that I want JJ on this team. My whole argument in the first place was why did JJ have to prove so much to stay on the field when Ahman Green is guaranteed his spot and has done nothing at all.

Sorry Mr. Used Car Salesman, I think I'll take my business to Landmark Chevy
Old 08-20-2008   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If AG gets hurt in one more preseason game this year, I bet they him go.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #57
BLUE114
Rookie

I for one think that cutting Jacoby over Green would be a big mistake. Green has had a terrific career but has done VERY little lately. Since 2004 he has played in about 50% of his games and has had pedestrian numbers. He has averaged 63 yrds/game that he did play in and has had a whooping 7 TDs for an average 1 every 3.5 games. 1 year may be a fluke but there is definately a trend here and bang for your buck is not that impressive. Jacoby does have the yips and needs to get his head on right but I think his upside potential his pretty high. That being said, he has not been the same since his injury. Alot of people think that Anderson is the answer but he too has taken time to mature and has had his share of problems fielding punts.
BLUE114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #58
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow J-Russ, you really got me there. I mean, I must be outta my league trying to trade turns with you. Man, what is wrong with me for thinking that Jacoby is danger of losing his job. Maybe I just read too much into things. Or, it can be that I just not a smart guy like you are. Either way..

"He's going to make us keep six, OR if we keep FIVE then somebody is in trouble."

Gee, J-Russ, I wonder who that sixth WIDE RECEIVER is who would be in trouble? Is it STRONG SAFETY Brandon Harrison? Is it STRONG SAFETY Dominique Barber? Or, is it RUNNINGBACK Chris Taylor? Hmmm, I wonder
The sixth receiver is Harry Williams. He's making them think about keeping six, he's endanger of not making this team, even though he's playing well. I can't believe you can't comprehend that, you can't read right boy? Read Gary Kubiak quote acouple more time slowly, say it outloud, hell get you're parent to translate for you or something.

Quote:

Looks like you've thought of everything that I didn't even take a second to consider J-Russ. You're so smart, and I'm so dumb. Oh, except for the fact that if the Texans keep Jacoby (which is what I stated the Texans should do from the word go), HE WOULD ALSO BE USED MAINLY FOR SPECIAL TEAMS! Think about it-if the Texans go 4 Wide, it's AJ, Walt, AD, and The Mullet; if they go 5 Wide, add in Owen D. So where does that leave my main man Jacoby but on the bench since, in actuality, he plays only one position now which is PR. Using your expertise, HW can only "overtake JJ for the PR" position...
That the dumbest thing I've ever read on my entire time on TT. Has Harry WIlliam ever played punt returner? PR=Punter Returner. Didn't you say you use to play college ball? Well you're football IQ ain't showing up well, hell even the waterboy would've known what it meant. Smells like bull****. It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

So far we've only had JJ as PR. I have NOT seen anyone else attempt to return punts.

Like I said, their job on ST is different, JJ return punts, HW tackles on kickoff(maybe block too on kick return).

Quote:
So where does that leave my main man Jacoby but on the bench since, in actuality, he plays only one position now which is PR.
He plays WR with the 2nd string offense. Has Williams even play on offense at all yet?

Last edited by J-Russ; 08-20-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-20-2008   #59
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
The sixth receiver is Harry Williams. He's making them think about keeping sixth, he's endanger of not making this team, even though he's playing well. I can't believe you can't comprehend that, you can't read right boy? Read Gary Kubiak quote acouple more time slowly, say it outloud, hell get you're parent to translate for you or something.

That the dumbest thing I've ever read on my entire time on TT. Has Harry WIlliam ever played punt returner? PR=Punter Returner. Didn't you say you use to play college ball? Well you're football IQ ain't showing up well, hell even the waterboy would've known what it meant. Smells like bull****. It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

So far we've only had JJ as PR. I have NOT seen anyone else attempt to return punts.

Like I said, their job on ST is different, JJ return punts, HW tackles on kickoff(maybe block too on kick return).

He plays WR with the 2nd string offense. Has Williams even play on offense at all yet?
J-Russ, I'm done going back and forth with you. My mama always said that you're the fool if you argue with one. No need to throw words like "boy" into anything though. I'm a grown-ass man. I got your "boy" dangling. You win dawg, happy now?
Old 08-20-2008   #60
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Texans News Flash:

(on how he will handle WR Jacoby Jones) “Well we’re trying them all. First, off we’ve got to get the problems fixed, and it’s easy to say. Obviously we didn’t fix it from week one to week two. He’s (wide receiver Jacoby Jones) got to have a sense of urgency to get it fixed also because that’s going to take place back there somebody else is going to do it. I believe in him. He’s got a lot of ability. He can help this team, but he’s got to settle down, do his job, do it consistently and we’ve also got to have the answer if it’s not being done that way. So this week we are going to work André Davis and David Anderson with him, just even reps back there. (We) plan on probably going into the game using as a punt returner Jacoby Jones and David (Anderson). We’ll make that decision later in the week, but whoever is going to be back there has to protect the ball. I think we had a fair catch situation on the first one. He was trying to make a play, but we’ve got to protect the ball there. (He) should have made the catch on the 12 or 13-yard line to keep us from getting backed up. (There’s) a lot of responsibility there, but hey, this is the big boys and he’s got to step up, handle it and do his job.”

Now I might have a little Gump in me, but it seems to me what Kubiak is saying is that although he wants JJ to be the PR, he now has to prove that he is better at it than two other WIDE RECEIVERS who are ahead of him on the depth chart at WIDE RECEIVER
Ok DA is now going to try PR, just incase JJ can't get over his slump. I don't think he'l be the threat that JJ is at PR(with confidence) but we'll just have to wait and see.

Two WR infront of him? Don't you mean four? Unless JJ is the #3 WR already. JJ will be given his chance to prove he can play the spot with the 2nd team. Again I've never seen Williams play WR, so he's no threat to him there. Tim Carter, and Mark Simmons are though. They both better WR then Williams, and they have been impressing in practices and pre-season games.

Quote:
to prove he deserves a spot on this team as a SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER. Or, using your argument he has to beat out two SAFETIES and a RUNNINGBACK.
Oh really, he's going to start playing on kickoff and start making tackle? I like to see a quote from Kubiak, and don't give me another crap from a fan-blogger.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read