Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2008   #1
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ahman Green vs Jacoby Jones

I keep reading reports on how Kubes & Co. are not sure if Jacoby Jones will even keep his job with the team, yet are hopeful that Ahman Green will be ready to carry the load once the season starts. WTF?!?

Jacoby has made some mistakes this preseason, for sure. But at least he has been on the field to make these mistakes we're seeing. If the Texans decide to cut Jacoby and keep Ahman Green, I for one am going to be royally pissed! I've been super-hard on Amobi this preseason, but I understand that he is only a second year player. This organization can't give up on young players who are making mistakes that young players make for washed-up vets who are doing nothing at all.

Another report coming from the Texans front is that Chris Taylor will be getting work at FB this week. Mistake #2. Either the guy is a RB or not. Let him continue to work at RB to see if he gets any better. He is running hard in my opinion. He just is a little rusty right now. I see him getting a lot better about 3 games into the season if he's given the chance. It's time for the Texans to cut their losses with Ahman Green and move on. Give Jacoby and our young players more time to grow Kubes!
Old 08-19-2008   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ahman Green vs Jacoby Jones

I'll say one thing. If the Texans sell this "Ahman Green will be ready to go in three weeks" story and he doesn't go out there in week one and light it up (or worse carries the ball 5-10 times and then leaves the game) then people are going to be pretty damned furious. Very few seem to buy this story now and if someone doesn't step up and stand out in the next week or two then everyone is going to turn their attention to Ahman Green on September 7th and they better see a feature back running better than anyone we've seen in preseason.

It'll get ugly if he does nothing, we can't run the ball, and the Texans lose by a lot.
Old 08-19-2008   #3
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I say it's time for JJ to go!
Old 08-19-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I keep reading reports on how Kubes & Co. are not sure if Jacoby Jones will even keep his job with the team, yet are hopeful that Ahman Green will be ready to carry the load once the season starts. WTF?!?

JBZ dribbles the ball up the court, he drive past the defender, he goes for the lay-up!!!!! *boom* BLOCK SHOT!!!! J-Russ say get that crap out of here.

No where did I see Kubiak saying that Jacoby is endanger of being cut, it's all speculation by the posters here in TT.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

At last Jones has a chance to redeem himself in the final 2 preseason games. Green is just gonna sit it out and wait for the guaranteed money. I'm rooting for Jacoby. I'm hoping Smith & Kubiak come to their senses on Green.
Old 08-19-2008   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
I say it's time for JJ to go!
I really don't understand the turncoat attitude on this board. Last year Jacoby was the Messiah. This yeah he has a few fumbles (yes they were ridiculous fumbles) and you want to crucify him. I just have this terrible fear that we release him and the Titans pick him up only to be the star receiver Tennessee has been needing and Vince Young turns into Jesus in cleats.

The kid still has tons of potential. He just seems nervous out there. He is trying to do too much with too little, which is a problem I think we can work with.
Old 08-19-2008   #7
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I really don't understand the turncoat attitude on this board. Last year Jacoby was the Messiah. This yeah he has a few fumbles (yes they were ridiculous fumbles) and you want to crucify him. I just have this terrible fear that we release him and the Titans pick him up only to be the star receiver Tennessee has been needing and Vince Young turns into Jesus in cleats.

The kid still has tons of potential. He just seems nervous out there. He is trying to do too much with too little, which is a problem I think we can work with.
agreed. as for green, he can go... the sooner, the better. i'd love to see us draft a power back in round 2 or 3 next year to compliment slaton.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2008   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it funny people are jumping on Jones performance but had no problem last year prior. He was making strides at the end of the year. Guys like David Anderson are very easy to cheer for. Hard workers and effort guys. But at the end of the day as much as I or anyone likes what the guy does he doesn't have the upside of Jones. It's his second year from a small school and he missed a fair amount of time his rookie year after hurting himself on an electric punt return against the Colts. I think he'll be given til the end of his rookie contract before we see him cut straight up from the squad. Until then he needs to relax,keep within his bounds, and not try to force something that isn't there.

Green I won't defend. One run and pulling up after not even getting touched. All I can do is piggyback on Herv's statements about Green and hope in the meantime someone on the staff can step up and be enough of a complimentary back to Steve Slaton. I also hope Kubiak doesn't ride him in the ground come start of the season and rotates him out.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wonder what kind of message it sends to the rest of the team if Green isn't cut and is handed the starting job for however many plays he lasts next season.
Old 08-19-2008   #10
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones has zero touchdowns, 500 total return yards and 150 receiving yards. Ahman Green is a 4 time pro-bowler that has 2800 receiving yards in his career. Oh yeah, and a career rushing average of 4.5 yards per carry.

I'll take questions about health over question about attitude 10 times out of 10.
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
JBZ dribbles the ball up the court, he drive past the defender, he goes for the lay-up!!!!! *boom* BLOCK SHOT!!!! J-Russ say get that crap out of here.

No where did I see Kubiak saying that Jacoby is endanger of being cut, it's all speculation by the posters here in TT.
Take a look at Thomas Hilton's update on his blog on chron.com Smart-Arse!
Old 08-19-2008   #12
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I wonder what kind of message it sends to the rest of the team if Green isn't cut and is handed the starting job for however many plays he lasts next season.
Seconds
Old 08-19-2008   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i will be SHOCKED if we cut jones.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #14
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That if you have 9,000 career rushing yards and 56 touchdowns, you get the benefit of the doubt?
Old 08-19-2008   #15
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Jacoby Jones has zero touchdowns, 500 total return yards and 150 receiving yards. Ahman Green is a 4 time pro-bowler that has 2800 receiving yards in his career. Oh yeah, and a career rushing average of 4.5 yards per carry.

I'll take questions about health over question about attitude 10 times out of 10.
Really? Ahman Green has had an outstanding career, no doubt. But let's check out how much of those career stats he's added to with the Texans, which is all I care about:

In 6 games last year, he rushed 70 times for 260 yards, or an average of 3.7 yards/carry with 2 rushing TDs. He also had 14 receptions for 123 yards and no receiving TDs.

So, out of all his career achievements, he's only contributed 383 total yards from scrimmage for the Texans. "Give me, 'Questions about attitude' for 650 Alex."
Old 08-19-2008   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That if you have 9,000 career rushing yards and 56 touchdowns, you get the benefit of the doubt?
Some might think, if you have a large pay grade you get handed the starting job without doing anything on this team to earn it.
Old 08-19-2008   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Said T Bosseli to Dominic Davis/W.

Old 08-19-2008   #18
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some might think, if you have a large pay grade you get handed the starting job without doing anything on this team to earn it.
Whatever gave you such a silly idea?..

Old 08-19-2008   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Whatever gave you such a silly idea?..

Why Anthony Weaver and Ahman Green of course!!!
Old 08-19-2008   #20
noxiousdog
All Pro

Quote:
Do we have any instances of Kubiak going with a vet where the cheaper alternative was clearly better?

On the other hand, we've had a lot of vets send packing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read