Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2008   #41
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pound your chest

I was pretty big on getting Winston, but that was after I was big on this guy they didn't take and that guy they didn't take....and Winston's not our LT anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #42
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was right about Chad Stanley being bad. And I got hella negative repped for it
Old 08-19-2008   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

dalemurphy

Tell me about Darius Walker stretching the play and threatening the edge. Tell me about how you thought Chris Taylor looked the past two weeks doing that. How about Ahman Green? Has he actually "done" any of that yet in 2008? Has he done it in the past year? Green isn't even a threat to suit up much less get to the edge.

Right now I see Slaton as a possibility and Chris Brown as playing the Ron Dayne role in a somewhat faster package but the man is, just like Ahman Green before him a "hope" and not a certainty.

Without Dayne we remain unable to threaten the defense with big play ability (at this time). That being the case I'd be more comfortable with a guy I knew could grind out 100 yards on a good day. Either way we're looking at being a pass first offense this year and maybe someone we have will step up and excel in that role until we can get to the 2009 draft.
Old 08-19-2008   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was right about the Texans needing to get a big body at a DT/NT spot to be able to shield Demeco from blockers. We got Okam. Hopefully he'll grow into what we need.

I was wrong about Kubiak being able to salvage David Carr but once I got on the ABC bandwagon halfway through the season, I was right about them getting a replacement. I think I was right about our line not being as bad as DC made it look.

I was right about the 8-8 season last year.

I think I've been right about a few other things, too.

(And I've been wrong about more than a few things.)
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Once.. I thought I was wrong....... but I was mistaken....
Old 08-19-2008   #46
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I was right about Chad Stanley being bad. And I got hella negative repped for it
I forgot about that guy. I remember people had "Chad Stanley is God" signatures. Comedy.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I forgot about that guy. I remember people had "Chad Stanley is God" signatures. Comedy.
Chad's not God???

Old 08-19-2008   #48
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I said this a few years back that the Orange Lot ruled, and well as I write this, it is as true today as when I first wrote it !!

War Orange Lot, war Texans fans...I AM OUT !!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I said this a few years back that the Orange Lot ruled, and well as I write this, it is as true today as when I first wrote it !!

War Orange Lot, war Texans fans...I AM OUT !!!
YOU ARE OUT alright... Out of your mind!!

Any self-respecting Texans fans know that those of us that traded our Blue Spots for Platinum when they became available, were RIGHT!!
Old 08-19-2008   #50
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
YOU ARE OUT alright... Out of your mind!!

Any self-respecting Texans fans know that those of us that traded our Blue Spots for Platinum when they became available, were RIGHT!!
Parking lot nomads are what you are !! Next we'll be hearing ya say to us over in Orange that you are looking for a new place to dwell....First Blue, then Platinum, and the final resting place will be Orange. We will accept you TB, as that is who we are..
Old 08-19-2008   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Parking lot nomads are what you are !! Next we'll be hearing ya say to us over in Orange that you are looking for a new place to dwell....First Blue, then Platinum, and the final resting place will be Orange. We will accept you TB, as that is who we are..
Nomads??? We are the only ones that have our own spots.... If Platinum lot closes tomorrow, there is no way I'm moving to Orange. I've heard strange sausage stories about Orange Lot. And that's not evening mentioning FILO's balloon story....
Old 08-19-2008   #52
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Nomads??? We are the only ones that have our own spots.... If Platinum lot closes tomorrow, there is no way I'm moving to Orange. I've heard strange sausage stories about Orange Lot. And that's not evening mentioning FILO's balloon story....
Yeah, start out in Blue, then move to Platinum..... Yeah, Nomads fits....

And those sausage stories are just like the Bigfoot myth, sure, people swear they have seen em, but no evidence is had !!
Old 08-19-2008   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, start out in Blue, then move to Platinum..... Yeah, Nomads fits....

And those sausage stories are just like the Bigfoot myth, sure, people swear they have seen em, but no evidence is had !!
We never moved. We stayed in the same place and they renamed it for us.

Hard to find evidence when its usually swallowed....
Old 08-19-2008   #54
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:

Hard to find evidence when its usually swallowed....
Well now, from what I hear the swallowers are in the yellow, we spit in the orange !!
Old 08-19-2008   #55
Polo

I've been right more often than wrong
Old 08-19-2008   #56
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
He is still a free agent, I think- if all else fails we could see him lumbering down the field once again! Although, goodness knows how many double burgers the man has eaten during training season.
If all else fails, we can try him out as guard

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #57
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
True... we can play him right next to Frank Okam. Cuz we all know if Okam doesn't work out at DT he's switching to Offensive Guard.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
NOOOOOOOOOO!

You don't want him to take a step back in pass protection and.....
I don't want to think about it!

Let him play NT!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #59
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 8 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

I was right when I told people that we were going to get rid of Carr. To bad it took several years after I said it to become true.
KEYE SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #60
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
dalemurphy

Tell me about Darius Walker stretching the play and threatening the edge. Tell me about how you thought Chris Taylor looked the past two weeks doing that. How about Ahman Green? Has he actually "done" any of that yet in 2008? Has he done it in the past year? Green isn't even a threat to suit up much less get to the edge.

Right now I see Slaton as a possibility and Chris Brown as playing the Ron Dayne role in a somewhat faster package but the man is, just like Ahman Green before him a "hope" and not a certainty.

Without Dayne we remain unable to threaten the defense with big play ability (at this time). That being the case I'd be more comfortable with a guy I knew could grind out 100 yards on a good day. Either way we're looking at being a pass first offense this year and maybe someone we have will step up and excel in that role until we can get to the 2009 draft.
I guess this means you're not grinning from ear to ear any more about our running game.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=30

Last edited by aj.; 08-19-2008 at 07:23 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read