Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2008   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pound your chest

OK time to list the things you were right about, since we have a crow thread.

Ya'll start, I'm not going to dare post my list first.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pound your chest

We miss Ron Dayne.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
We miss Ron Dayne.
No.......we don't.
Old 08-19-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
No.......we don't.
Yes..... Yes we do!
Old 08-19-2008   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We miss Ron Dayne.

Here's one thing I'm right about: we will be much better without Ron Dayne running the ball. The difference in the defense's respect of the RBs speed to the edge already has openned up the bootlegs. surely, you've noticed that.

While I'm here:

1. Matt Schaub would be a very good QB.
2. Mario Williams being a smart pick
2b. Reggie Bush was way over rated as a pro back.
2c. It would take yearsss for Vince to develop into a quality passer
3. Rashod Butler
4. At least 8 wins last year
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We miss Ron Dayne.
He is still a free agent, I think- if all else fails we could see him lumbering down the field once again! Although, goodness knows how many double burgers the man has eaten during training season.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yes..... Yes we do!
Negative.......
Old 08-19-2008   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pogative.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Pogative.
Absolutely................NOT...
Old 08-19-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Negative.......
Quote:
Absolutely................NOT...
Absolutely............. Positive!

Ron Dayne was the finest RB in Texans history.....
Old 08-19-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ron Dayne was the finest RB in Texans history.....
Correction: He was the finest SlumberBack in Texans history.

Old 08-19-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
He is still a free agent, I think- if all else fails we could see him lumbering down the field once again! Although, goodness knows how many double burgers the man has eaten during training season.

That's his way of training (eating double cheeseburgers). Go ahead, pick on the fat guy if you must.

Seriously though I was totally dead right about Ahman Green from the instant that I heard about his signing with the Texans. Two things on that.

1. I really wish I hadn't been right about that. I would have loved to have been wrong on this one. For those of you who think we still have one year to see what happens just watch. The guy will barely play and that's IF he makes it out of training camp as a Texan.

2. It didn't exactly take Nostradamus to see what was going to happen here. I am the "Master of the Obvious" after all.
Old 08-19-2008   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely............. Positive!

Ron Dayne was the finest buffet beater in Texans history.....
Edited for correctness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's his way of training (eating double cheeseburgers). Go ahead, pick on the fat guy if you must.

Seriously though I was totally dead right about Ahman Green from the instant that I heard about his signing with the Texans. Two things on that.

1. I really wish I hadn't been right about that. I would have loved to have been wrong on this one. For those of you who think we still have one year to see what happens just watch. The guy will barely play and that's IF he makes it out of training camp as a Texan.

2. It didn't exactly take Nostradamus to see what was going to happen here. I am the "Master of the Obvious" after all.
Not Nostradamus, just Mastrobvious.

Old 08-19-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

You all might not like this but I really don't see a true risk in bringing back the D train.
Old 08-19-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne would be in camp if it were up to me. He's supposed to be done here but I really don't see his replacement yet. Slaton and Dayne would be a pretty good rotation in my opinion with the load eventually sliding mostly to Slaton's side by the end of the season. Maybe Brown will be able to be that guy or maybe the light comes on for Taylor. I don't know, something's got to happen though and I'm sure it will.
Old 08-19-2008   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Dayne knows how to push the pile along and fight for yards.
Old 08-19-2008   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Dayne knows how to push the pile along and fight for yards.
Yeah, he falls on people.

Old 08-19-2008   #19
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, he falls on people's legs..
Fixed...

Or........

Quote:
Yeah, he ends careers.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Fixed...

Or........
It was an accident, could have happened to anybody.

So go ahead and subtract Dayne and give me your estimate of our running game and W/L column the past two years with Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read