Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate Injury Report

I forgot to report one Tailgate injury...

It was the second or third season. After the game and heading back to report for TUP, I stopped off to use a port-a-pot. Little did I know that if you catch your pinky finger in the door handle/lock in a funky manner, you can damn near rip it off... Unbeknownst to me, I had done that and not noticed until someone asked why there was a puddle of blood around my shoe...

After many weeks of therapy (both physical and mental), and band-aids I am happy to report that the pinky is doing fine...

I continued to report to the TUP several times afterward, but always remained cognizant of the dangers lurking in the port-a-pot...
Old 08-19-2008   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 27940 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Not an injury, but a release.

After 5 faithful tailgating seasons, never to miss a game - I was released to Dallas, now in my 2nd year in this city. Always hoping to end my tailgating career off 610, but for now I'll be playing in the pubs and dives of Dallas.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, and another... I put Specnatz's shin on IR....
Old 08-19-2008   #24
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm very TUP prone....
That's what she said...
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, and another... I put Specnatz's shin on IR....
Not once but twice.
Old 08-19-2008   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
That's what she said...
I wouldn't know.... at that point all I hear is
Old 08-19-2008   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Not once but twice.
Your wussy headache went away, didn't it???
Old 08-19-2008   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forgot to report one Tailgate injury...

It was the second or third season. After the game and heading back to report for TUP, I stopped off to use a port-a-pot. Little did I know that if you catch your pinky finger in the door handle/lock in a funky manner, you can damn near rip it off... Unbeknownst to me, I had done that and not noticed until someone asked why there was a puddle of blood around my shoe...

After many weeks of therapy (both physical and mental), and band-aids I am happy to report that the pinky is doing fine...

I continued to report to the TUP several times afterward, but always remained cognizant of the dangers lurking in the port-a-pot...
Better to have blood than something else around your shoes from the port-a-pot!

I've come close to falling off the coolers (standing on coolers stacked 2 high) at the tailgate on many occasions. Lately the crowd has been there to prevent it from being an ugly fall!

In season 1 or 2 we had a canopy flip over onto one of the members cars and it dented it pretty good...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #29
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I am still suffering from PTTS(Post Traumatic Tailgate Syndrome) from the '06 Christmas Eve game against the Colts. I had severe frost bite from reaching into the ice chest waaaay too many times durring freezing temps. I have recovered physically, but mentally I am still working through it. When I close my eyes I can still see the 5-man shotgun 30's clear as day.
Take two tailgates and call me in the morning. if it hasn't cleared up by then, repeat until all symptoms are gone.

If you were at the Bears/Texans game in Chicago 4 years ago, you would understand the meaning of COLD...I'm just hoping the game at GB this year is the same way...

Old 08-19-2008   #30
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

First tailgate of the season and I'm already busting out the first-aid kit. Cut myself on a flagpole and then again reaching into my cooler for a beer. Yeah, you heard me right. I cut myself on the freaking ice in my coooler. I've since sent a letter to the Cuts Like a Knife Ice Company.

But unlike say an Ahman Green, I continued on with the tailgate and WILL be able to go next Thursday.

And I had a chair that bit the dust as well.

Seasons past, we've had canopies, chairs, and grills bite it.

I skinned up my knees and possibly broke a couple of fingers once slipping on the concrete playing football. I say possibly broke because I never went to the Dr. to find out.

We've had an unproperly secured canopy blow over and scratch up one of our trucks, another canopy took off and broke off one of our window flags. I've lost a bull logo magnet on the freeway.

The last game of the first season I had gotten food poisoning the day before the game, and still made it out, in line at 7:20, full tailgate, game and after tailgate. Didn't eat, tried to drink a beer and could only get about half of it down.

My Jeep broke down on 59 twice. The first time I got it started and made it to the tailgate, the 2nd time I had someone come get me, unloaded my vehicle and loaded theirs right there on the side of the freeway, and left the damn thing there.

Damn, didn't mean to write a book, but I guess 6 years of tailgating will do that.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #31
whiskeyrbl

Just signed a new canopy along with a Team Keg-a-que. Will be making their debut on Thursday 8-21-08 against Tampa Bay. In negotiations for 2 flag poles, but the GM says it may put us over the cap right now. May have to wait till around week 6. Will keep you posted. Oh by the way how many of you are in the blue lot????
Old 08-19-2008   #32
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

I've got a couple of coolers that are gonna get cut due to poor performance on the grass. Next year I'm gonna draft the best cooler available....
Old 08-19-2008   #33
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Not an injury, but a release.

After 5 faithful tailgating seasons, never to miss a game - I was released to Dallas,
yours hurts the worst.
Old 08-20-2008   #34
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I have been allocated away.

After one game being called up the big league for the Colts last season the team have decided to allocate me to NFL Europe, for some experience at grilling and partying pre and post game on a much smaller scale at the small hours of the morning due to the time difference, having spoke to head office they do see the potential here and have expressed a wish to call me up again sometime in the future.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post

Pfffft!!!

"Welcome to 24-5 defeat Bears!"
Old 08-20-2008   #36
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I got bit by a few ants........
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I got bit by a few ants........
That's what you get for putting them in your pants! But, I know you were just trying to dance.
Old 08-20-2008   #38
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

We have had some serious incidents in our corner of Orange.
First...last game of the '06 season enroute from Katy to Reliant under cover of darkness (First In must be very early!), The Bull vanished from the back of our truck. #300 lbs of ice in him too. How does an item THAT big get away unseen? At 5am?? Folks at the Shell station still aren't talking.

Next, had to cut the 1st string chair from the squad last season due to offseason injury. It was packed in the truck for a non Texans event (I don't want to hear it) by careless adult kids and when it was asked to be put into play...it couldn't pull its part, but it pulled apart. It is missed, as it was part of our original tailgating team.
RIP cush lawn chair, my back misses you!

Then there was that September afternoon in 2004 that rests in TEXANS infamous history.
boom boom boom....out go the lights....
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
Then there was that September afternoon in 2004 that rests in TEXANS infamous history.

Ahhh yes. The day Reliant Stadium (and probably the entire grid around Reliant Park) was injured.....
Old 08-20-2008   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
Quote:
Ahhh yes. The day Reliant Stadium (and probably the entire grid around Reliant Park) was injured.....
Man, that was a funny day! I remember people around me laughing because the lights went out at Reliant Stadium, of all places. It was even more amusing when I learned the cause.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read