Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-18-2008   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 75558 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders Kiffin critical of roster, management?

Wow..sounds like the beginning of a power struggle.

http://www.kffl.com/transactions.php...37ffc5eeec9b56

"You know, some guys have been released at other places and people are picking them up, you'd like to pick up some of those guys and bring them in, "

More here..http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I don't know who the GM is in Oakland (Davis?) but Kiffen doesn't seem to be too impressed.

Maybe he is just getting his 'ducks in a row' to explain an expected bad season?

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 08-18-2008 at 06:00 PM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raiders Kiffin critical of roster, management?

I'm not surprised that he isn't happy with Al, but I didn't think he would go public with it.
Old 08-18-2008   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Davis was wanting Kiffin's resignation in the offseason, so he wouldn't have to fire him and buy him out. I'm not surprised.
Old 08-18-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't ever wish death upon an innocent person and I don't wish it upon Al Davis. But when he does die the NFL is going to better for it. Especially the Raiders. I can't imagine a worse franchise in the NFL the past 4 or 5 years than them.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't ever wish death upon an innocent person and I don't wish it upon Al Davis. But when he does die the NFL is going to better for it. Especially the Raiders. I can't imagine a worse franchise in the NFL the past 4 or 5 years than them.

maybe he and Bud Adams will be in the same car when it goes off a cliff.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiffen can look in the mirror if he doesn't like his situation since he's been in and around the NFL forever (his dad is Monte Kiffen). He had to know that getting his "big break" with Al Davis was probably gonna turn out badly. I'm sure he is coaching with cuffs.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I know a few Raiders fans from back home. Very loyal fans. I feel really bad for them too because it's probably going to take a miracle for them to be good again with Al Davis at the helm far as decision making goes.

For the sake of he organization he needs to step down.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Kiffen can look in the mirror if he doesn't like his situation since he's been in and around the NFL forever (his dad is Monte Kiffen). He had to know that getting his "big break" with Al Davis was probably gonna turn out badly. I'm sure he is coaching with cuffs.
Agreed, but when he gets fired (or his contract is up), the cuffs come off, and he will undoubtedly be a hotter NFL commodity than had he stayed as co-coordinator for USC. I'm not sure why, but the league-wide opinion of him seems to be pretty high, unlike Shell and Callahan. I would think once he's fired, he'll be able to land a coordinator job in the NFL, and with any measurable success will be in line for another HC job within 5 years.

Getting fired by Al Davis doesn't have to be all bad - just ask Shannahan Sr.
Old 08-19-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Agreed, but when he gets fired (or his contract is up), the cuffs come off, and he will undoubtedly be a hotter NFL commodity than had he stayed as co-coordinator for USC. I'm not sure why, but the league-wide opinion of him seems to be pretty high, unlike Shell and Callahan. I would think once he's fired, he'll be able to land a coordinator job in the NFL, and with any measurable success will be in line for another HC job within 5 years.

Getting fired by Al Davis doesn't have to be all bad - just ask Shannahan Sr.

True. How you deal with Al Davis is at least as important as whether you win there (or not) and it is possible to come out of that having made a good impression with other organizations who were paying attention.

It won't hurt that his dad is who he is as well.
Old 08-19-2008   #10
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86144 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

The longer the Raiders suck, the happier I am.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #11
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It reminds me of when Sean Payton was offered a job with the Raiders and Parcells basically told him he wasn't allowed to go. (Not really, but I can totally see that.) Parcells said it would be a bad career move and asked Payton to have patience. Gruden's the only coach I can think of who improved his lot by going to the Raiders. Of course, my memory isn't the best. Oh, John Madden might have had a little success with them too, I guess.
Old 08-25-2008   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Davis is a dinosaur and thinks he can be President, CEO, GM, Cheif Scout and teaboy and still turn the Raiders into a winning franchise. He's under the impression that the way the game was played in the late 70's and early 80's can still bring you success.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read