Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-18-2008   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who to take with my #2 pick???

LT? Peterson?.... or do I do something drastic and take Tom Brady. I am in a league that gives 6 pts per td pass. Brady scored off the charts in my league and the top 3 QBs overall outscored the top RBs.... although Peterson had he played 16 might have broken into top 3. Of course LT is always putting you up there.

Now... if I take Brady then I am thinking my RB depth will suffer as we all know RBs go early and often. Are the points I lose there worth it? Or do I risk losing out on a top scorer by taking a RB instead of Brady due to other owners taking QBs a bit more early this year??

Hence my conundrum...
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #2
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Who to take with my #2 pick???

I'd go with the a running back. Brady had a record breaking year last year, and I don't think he'll follow it up with another year like the last. QBs, even great ones like Brady, don't bring the same kind of consistency that the elite RBs do.

I'd have a hard time picking between LT & Peterson. I might lean towards taking Peterson though since he was able to put up such phenomenal numbers last year while sharing carries. Also, with Jackson likely being out for the start of the season Peterson will see more carries than usual. I don't think you can really go wrong with either guy though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I personally had RBs rated
LT
Westbrook
AP

Although, at any given moment anyone one of them jumped around depending on my moods. These last drafts I've been so close to getting westbrook and have yet to do so, missing him by 1 or 2 picks.
Old 08-18-2008   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

If it's a PPR league, Westbrook is the choice if LT goes first.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read