Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2008   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chomp Chomp Chomp

Yep thats me chomping on the crow over Sage being better than Matt. If we get the production from Matt for the remainder of theis season like we got saturday night then he hands down deserves the starting job. I know I was all in Sages corner but Matt just took it to the bank and deposited a gem.
So if all you I told you so's need to pile on me as I enjoy the crow feathers and all, then here ya go, let me have it.
Old 08-18-2008   #2
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: Chomp Chomp Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
If we get the production from Matt for the remainder of theis season like we got saturday night then he hands down deserves the starting job.
If we get production from Matt this season like we did Saturday then he will be deserving a Pro Bowl to go along with his starting job....Sorry may be getting a little ahead of myself there. lol.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Matt is better than Sage. But lets not forget the Saints had the 32 ranked pass defense last season
Old 08-18-2008   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep thats me chomping on the crow over Sage being better than Matt. If we get the production from Matt for the remainder of theis season like we got saturday night then he hands down deserves the starting job. I know I was all in Sages corner but Matt just took it to the bank and deposited a gem.
So if all you I told you so's need to pile on me as I enjoy the crow feathers and all, then here ya go, let me have it.

I believe we ALL have had to eat crow at some point in time rooting for the Texans.
Old 08-18-2008   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
I believe we ALL have had to eat crow at some point in time rooting for the Texans.
True dat......

I won't be able to watch the game, till I get home tonight. So I still haven't seen Matt do anything that would make him "special".

I never said Sage was better than Matt...... only that they were both good enough to get the job done. I hope Matt does separate himself in 2008.
Old 08-18-2008   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its ok...thats why Kubiak is the coach and you are not..lol. I always liked Schaub since seeing him play at UVA. The guy is heady and laid back. He doesn't have the strongest arm but if Andre/Andre/Walter like him...then I love him.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #7
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEVER! NOT ME..lol
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2008   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe texan View Post
so if all you i told you so's need to pile on me as i enjoy the crow feathers and all, then here ya go, let me have it.
itys!
Old 08-18-2008   #9
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not me!

Although I did support Da ....

aw...never mind.

Pass the salt and pepper.

Old 08-18-2008   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Greenwood has made me eat crow a few times. He's also made me spit it back out, I wish he would make up his mind.
Old 08-18-2008   #11
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Greenwood has made me eat crow a few times. He's also made me spit it back out, I wish he would make up his mind.
Was it me or does Greenwood look very fat and very slow now?
Old 08-18-2008   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Not me!

Although I did support Da ....

aw...never mind.

Pass the salt and pepper.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

That 'name we shall not mention'...me too!

err...uhmmm, would you pass that when you're done Cup!
Old 08-18-2008   #13
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Q

I have seen many posts similar to this, all because one preseason performance. Schaub did look good vs the Saints playing the "lets throw at Jason David" game. But now everybody is jumping on his nuts because of one preseason game? If Sage happened to look better than Matt, the first thing I would expect to hear is "its just a preseason game." Now people are talking about Matt as a top 5 QB and comparing him to Tom Brady because he had a good preseason game.
Old 08-18-2008   #14
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Q

Shun the non-believer!!!

Hahaha jk
Old 08-18-2008   #15
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm surprised crow isn't on the endangered species list thanks to Mario Williams!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I have seen many posts similar to this, all because one preseason performance. Schaub did look good vs the Saints playing the "lets throw at Jason David" game. But now everybody is jumping on his nuts because of one preseason game? If Sage happened to look better than Matt, the first thing I would expect to hear is "its just a preseason game." Now people are talking about Matt as a top 5 QB and comparing him to Tom Brady because he had a good preseason game.
I think you need to define "everybody"
Old 08-18-2008   #17
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Matt produces in every game like he did against the Saints . . . he'll be the greatest QB who ever played. Nobody goes 14-for-16, 183, 2td's all the time (actually, it was 14-for-14 not counting Davis's drop and the throwaway Matt was forced in to when the screen pass was foiled), so I hope that's not the bar you are setting for what Matt has to do to definitively justify the trade and starting over Sage.

As a longtime, long-suffering UVA fan, I like to think of myself as the driver of the Matt Schaub bandwagon. I've been sold on his play since 2002. But what remains to be seen is whether he can survive an NFL season. At some point, the guy who can play all the time should start over the superior but physically-questionable player. Continuity is very important. Yes, the hits that hurt Schaub (apart from the Odom sack) were highly illegal, but we know that gutter-thugs like Albert Haynesworth and Drayton Florence would gladly give the 15 yards to knock Matt out again. Defensive coordinators everywhere would be greatful if they did.

Believe me, when it is time for the doubters to eat their bad-trade/start-Sage crow, I'll be the waiter. But I'm not sure dinner is served quite yet.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Rep to anyone who admits to being wrong. One game doesn't prove it but that was a heck of a game.
Old 08-18-2008   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll wait to call judgement until after the Girls game. If Schaub does separate himself, I still believe that Sage can pick up where Schaub leaves off if he gets injured later in the season. One thing not to forget (no seems to forget this in the hot RB competition discussions), when trying to judge the better of 2 players, you need to also factor in their ability to stay on the field. That ability can offset some minor deficiencies amongst players.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Rep to anyone who admits to being wrong. One game doesn't prove it but that was a heck of a game.
Can't wait to see it

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read