Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-18-2008   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans take retail to the streets with first bricks-and-mortar store roll-out

Quote:
The Houston Texans and Dallas-based eSports Partners Inc. have teamed up to open the first brick-and-mortar store exclusively selling Houston Texans merchandise outside of Reliant Stadium.

The Official Houston Texans Pro Shop, which will be operate year-round, opened its doors earlier this month in The Woodlands Mall. The store offers officially licensed Texans merchandise for men, women and children.

The Texans partnered with eSports Partners — a sports merchandising service provider that already serves more than 10 National Football League teams — last spring and announced plans to open a number of Texans retail stores, although the timing and number of stores was not disclosed.

Melissa Rentz, director of advertising and branding for the Texans, says no other leases have been signed, but the Texans and eSports Partners are in the process of scouting sites for future locations.

In addition to rolling out a physical retail presence for the Texans, eSports has redesigned and is managing the Texans Online Pro Shop, the official store for the team at www.houstontexans proshop.com.

eSports Partners has been working with the Dallas Cowboys, its hometown team, since the company was founded in 2000.
http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...138&ana=e_vert
Old 08-19-2008   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Texans take retail to the streets with first bricks-and-mortar store roll-out

Cool - can they go ahead and open one in the DFW, Austin, and SA markets as well?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans take retail to the streets with first bricks-and-mortar store roll-out

The Woodlands? Seriously?

Gawd.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #4
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Gawd.

Of course isnt that where all of the Texans fans reside?
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #5
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiff View Post
California is probably next. (Not)
Old 08-19-2008   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have preferred that it opened at the new Pearland Town Center....for selfish reasons(in my area and 45 traffic is a sob). That makes the one at Reliant still the place to go for me. I bet it's going to be as nice as it gets though.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #7
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

They have one of those Cowboys stores here at the Lakeline Mall in Austin. I would love to see a Texans store like that around here. Hopefully the won't be charging Reliant stadium store prices.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2008   #8
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiff View Post
Its where I reside. Im glad its up here (obviously) because it would suck going all the way down to Reliant to go to the Texans store. It caters to a few hundred thousand people. Not that all the people up here are football fans but still its a good spot.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to live in the Woodlands. The people there are far more concerned with their cell phones and SUVs. Blech. The Woodlands doesn't deserve a Texans store. The first one should have been in Houston proper.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #10
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I would have preferred that it opened at the new Pearland Town Center....for selfish reasons(in my area and 45 traffic is a sob). That makes the one at Reliant still the place to go for me. I bet it's going to be as nice as it gets though.
I'm with you, although I guess its closer for us to go to the Woodlands than the folks up in South Dallas to go to Reliant.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gawd.
Really !
Hardly a handy location for most in the Houston area, matter of fact 'bout the most northern location in the metro area.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #12
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2738 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Its where I reside. Im glad its up here (obviously) because it would suck going all the way down to Reliant to go to the Texans store. It caters to a few hundred thousand people. Not that all the people up here are football fans but still its a good spot.
Agreed. Went there this afternoon and had the whole place to myself. But since I didn't need anything I left empty handed.

The selection was pretty good.
Craig. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I used to live in the Woodlands. The people there are far more concerned with their cell phones and SUVs. Blech. The Woodlands doesn't deserve a Texans store. The first one should have been in Houston proper.
***** all you want. Nobody is listening.
I live in the woodlands and think it's great. That's my perspective, and you are entitled to yours. But by knocking down a community with your comments makes you feel better then so be It.

Obviously the Texans wouldn't plop a store where things wouldn't sell. So they are branching out to the near suburbs, and then possibly Dallas, San Antonio, and maybe Austin.
I wouldn't bag the texans and a community for a store. Heck, at least there is some progress.

Oh, and by the way, I made this whole post from my cell phone. Stereotypical....eh?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #14
KeithW
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 KeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I used to live in the Woodlands. The people there are far more concerned with their cell phones and SUVs. Blech. The Woodlands doesn't deserve a Texans store.
Wtf?

We use Blackberry's out here now to post.

Seriously though, The Woodlands pwns. We deserve a little more love than 'Houston proper' since we drive farther to the temple on Sundays.
Old 08-21-2008   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they had one at Willowbrook.

The Woodlands one isn't too far out to drive though. When I need more Texans gears I'll head out there. Luckily I'm set for now

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read