Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2008   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Zbs?

Morning y'all. I did not have a chance to watch saturdays game against the Saints and was wondering if our ZBS was utilized? If it was how did it look ?
Old 08-18-2008   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zbs?

it looked better than week one. Pitts, Meyers, Brisel and Winston are looking more and more comfortable. Brown continues to look very capable in pass protection. His run blocking IS improving so all is well on the 1's. We're ahead of schedule. Rashard Butler looked just as impressive this week as last. Studdard improved, Eslinger is doing the Flannigan. He's just in there because we're running Chris White at LG but I'm pretty sure White will be the backup Center. Jury is out on Frye. He looked good last week and so-so this week.

the running backs are still not showing good vision. Slaton improved. looked more aggressive. Taylor was hit or miss. Same could be said for brown.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool Barrett, thanks mate!

Implementing the ZBS is a work in progress, any progression is good imo. Cant wait to see if we 'take it up a notch' once the regular season starts.
Old 08-18-2008   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm expecting at least one notch per week. initially i expect a few setbacks next week because it'll be our first chance to run it against a 3-4. but i think you can expect to see improvement every week.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i'm expecting at least one notch per week. initially i expect a few setbacks next week because it'll be our first chance to run it against a 3-4. but i think you can expect to see improvement every week.
Going against the 3-4 maintains the same ZBS principles. However, there are some very significant assignment differences.

I came across this excellent explanation of the ZBS (old post on Buckeye Planet message board), including specifically going against the 3-4. [LINK]
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read