Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-20-2004   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Owens may miss playoffs with ankle sprain

Sucks for the Eagles...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/8019217

Another source:
Quote:
Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder says Terrell Owens needs surgery on torn ligaments in his right ankle and will be sidelined at least until the Super Bowl.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8019211

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

That is not the news I wanted to hear.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope not. I'm pulling for the Eagles to make it to the Super Bowl. They been too close the last few years.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #4
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Default Best-case scenario appears to be Super Bowl

Philadelphia Eagles star receiver Terrell Owens will miss the rest of the regular season and possibly the playoffs and Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his right ankle and a broken leg bone.

Owens needs surgery and stands only an outside chance of being able to play in the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 if the Eagles make it that far, head trainer Rick Burkholder said.

Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder said Owens will have surgery to have a screw installed to stabilize the ankle joint and will stay off the leg for three weeks.
Burkholder said that Owens will be tested in three weeks and possibly could run on the leg in five weeks.

If that goes well, he said, there would be an outside chance Owens could play in the Super Bowl seven weeks from now (Feb. 6). The trainer categorized it as an outside chance but noted that "it's a game he's never played in."
shinerbock_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not a T.O. fan, so the news doesnt sting so much. He is a great reciever, but he is too much mouth. Plus im kinda sick of seeing the eagles in every NFC champ game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Obviously a conspiracy involving Andy Reid and the tights. One TD away and he gets injured.
Old 12-20-2004   #7
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Default Terrel Owens hurt by p.o.s Roy WIlliams

How many people will the league allow Roy WIlliams to hurt by pulling them down by the back of their shoulder pads?

It seems like this cowgirl p.o.s has hurt more than a few players this year with that pathetic tactic. When you go 200 pounds plus and drop your weight on someone from behind you will bring them down. His tactics look like steer wrestling.

Yes I know it was T.O. but I think the league should probably take a look into this matter.
shinerbock_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2004   #8
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_texas
How many people will the league allow Roy WIlliams to hurt by pulling them down by the back of their shoulder pads?

It seems like this cowgirl p.o.s has hurt more than a few players this year with that pathetic tactic. When you go 200 pounds plus and drop your weight on someone from behind you will bring them down. His tactics look like steer wrestling.

Yes I know it was T.O. but I think the league should probably take a look into this matter.
Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.
Old 12-20-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Terrell as a player but I'm sorry he's hurt and I'm sure he's getting expert care and will return as soon as he's able.

It's not Roy's fault he got hurt though. He has a perfect legal right to grab his shoulders or his jersey to bring him down.

If the league keeps putting cuffs on the defenses they might as well just start playing flag football.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.
Actually, he is serious. This is the second time he's posted this.

I'll replay again with
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #11
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Actually, he is serious. This is the second time he's posted this.

I'll replay again with

haha. lovely.
Old 12-20-2004   #12
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this what they call Karma?

I haven't wanted something to backfire on a player this bad since Deion.

Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
I haven't wanted something to backfire on a player this bad since Deion.

Why??? I love T.O.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8002989/1

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #14
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Filthydelphia Iggles and especially Owens deserves it. Dallas (5-9) single handedly changed what will be the outcome of the NFC playoffs. Amazing.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #15
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Well... I don't...

Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I don't wish bad things on any player. Well, I do with Leonard Little but that's a different story.

But with the history of Eagles fans (cheering Michael Irvin's injury, etc.) and Owens' constant antics (not just the endzone celebrations), I won't shed a tear over Owens missing some games.
Old 12-20-2004   #17
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Huge, did you like T.O. standing on the "star" as much as I did? *lol*
Old 12-20-2004   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Where's George Teague when you need him?

And to pile on...

Maybe the league should look into some of these defensive linemen that are topping 330+. Just imagine the number of ribs that could be spared (hold all "spare ribs" jokes, please) if these tubbies were kept off the field instead of falling on these smaller sized RBs and QBs. Travesty, I tell you.
Old 12-21-2004   #19
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man, the myth, the legend, George Teague is most widely remembered for his hit, as the Free Safety of the Dallas Cowboys in the 2000 season, on Terrel Owens, wide receiver of the 49ers, when Owens attempted to show up the Cowboys by running to the middle of Texas Stadium and standing in the star after scoring a touchdown. Teague knocked over Owens and was ejected from the game. What a guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Where's George Teague when you need him?
He actually now head football coach at Harvest Christian High School in Dallas, Texas.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #20
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_texas

sweet sassy molassy dude, did you actually say this? OMG, I thought that the texans fan last week who said manning was classless because he audibles too much was nuts. But, wow!

You have watched football before right?
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read