Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-17-2008   #1
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler
Default Hunt for Texans Gear in Austin(again)

Sigh...once again...Is there a good place in lousy Austin to get Texans gear? I stupidly wasted time and gas today and went to lame a** Academy on Brodie and they don't have ANYTHING related to the Texans. Not even a frikkin' koozie. The two people working there I asked looked at me like I was asking for something illegal. Both of them happily told me they had Cowboys stuff though. WooHoo! Boycotting Academy from now on.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hunt for Texans Gear in Austin(again)

I have tried for years to get stuff here in Austin. I am a huge Walmart boycotting kind of guy and had a spy check there because I heard in Htown Wally World sold stuff. Once I found kids stuff for Texans in Target off of Mopac and 290 but no gear for a 6'2" big wig kinda guy. The very firts year Academy had some stuff but that changed to Titans, Cowboys, Longhors,Aggies only after we had a few sucky seasons. I heard of a new Sports Authority in the Southpark Meadows but have yet to go there based on principle.
Amnyway I just buy all my gear on line. If you need some sources there let me know.
PS I may have a few polos I can sell, I have way too many!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #3
atxlaurie
Rookie

Yeah, pretty lame. Maybe when we win our first playoff game this year, they'll all jump on the bandwagon...or maybe not.
Old 08-18-2008   #4
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

...i found a beach towel at a walgreens...haha
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had luck at Marshalls last year, got a great Battle Red Demeco jersey (replica) for $25, was supposed to be something wrong with it but it looks perfect. They also had fitted hats. I check in July and they didn't have hardly any football stuff and nothing Texans. I am hoping once the season starts or gets closer they continue to have stuff this year.

Last year during football season, I went to the RR outlet mall, to the Reebok store and they had more bengals, chargers, cowboys, titans stuff than anything. They had like two pieces of Texans gear, I was very disappointed, the clerk decided to try and educate me about the Texans and that they are no good and that's why they don't carry the stuff. My wife had to convince me to leave after he had me ready to go off, he did shut his piehole after I started giving him stats and he realized I knew the team way beyond what he did. All my wife wanted that day was woman's t-shirt of our team and she could not find one article of clothing for women that was Texans related.
Old 08-18-2008   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I live here in Houston, in the Clear Lake area, and I went to the local Academy and found texans' gear, but guess which player seemed to have the most products ? #9 for the Cowboys.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

www.ebay.com
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2008   #8
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Fanzz in Highland have added Mario Williams deep steel blue jersey and new Texans sideline hat and draft hat to their inventory with Andre deep steel blue already being there. Theres a section of Texans shirts, and longsleeve too, plus hoodies.

If you want a Texans goldmine, head over to Reebok store in the outlet. They always have a bunch of Texans stuff. Yesterday I went in and saw Schuab and Andre battle red and white jerseys. Plus I saw pretty spiffy white Texans windbreaker jacket along with abunch of shirts and longsleeves. A huge section just for the Texans, then in the back is jerseys of other team, but the store is mainly Texans.

Last edited by J-Russ; 08-18-2008 at 03:13 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #9
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Try nflshop.com
Old 08-18-2008   #10
Rasputin
Mystic

Rep Power: 0 Rasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a weird but true story....HEB in the Wells Branch area was selling Kleenex boxes with Texans (and Cowboys) logos on them a couple of months ago. Even though I really didn't need any tissues, I bought like 10 boxes of the Texan version just to show the folks at HEB that Texan product will sell. Cashier must of thought I had one monster of a headcold.

Anyhow, I buy my Texan shirts and other gear online.

Once the winning starts, the gear will show up in stores. At least 70% of folks are bandwagon jumpers.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post
Sigh...once again...Is there a good place in lousy Austin to get Texans gear? I stupidly wasted time and gas today and went to lame a** Academy on Brodie and they don't have ANYTHING related to the Texans. Not even a frikkin' koozie. The two people working there I asked looked at me like I was asking for something illegal. Both of them happily told me they had Cowboys stuff though. WooHoo! Boycotting Academy from now on.
That is always the response I get after they quit chuckling and I ask why the laughter. I've tried every Academy and nothing. I would guess Walmart might have a token shirt or two but I wouldn't count on it lasting the season unless you hand wash them.
Old 08-18-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
That is always the response I get after they quit chuckling and I ask why the laughter. I've tried every Academy and nothing. I would guess Walmart might have a token shirt or two but I wouldn't count on it lasting the season unless you hand wash them.
What is this 'washing' you speak of??? My t-shirts sport the Funk-o-Bill fragrance...
Old 08-18-2008   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What is this 'washing' you speak of??? My t-shirts sport the Funk-o-Bill fragrance...
LOL. They have those at Walmart too. No hangers neccessary.
Old 08-18-2008   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Here's a weird but true story....HEB in the Wells Branch area was selling Kleenex boxes with Texans (and Cowboys) logos on them a couple of months ago. Even though I really didn't need any tissues, I bought like 10 boxes of the Texan version just to show the folks at HEB that Texan product will sell. Cashier must of thought I had one monster of a headcold.

Once the winning starts, the gear will show up in stores. At least 70% of folks are bandwagon jumpers.
LOL, I have a box of those tissues on my desk at work.
Old 08-18-2008   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I bought Cowboys Kleenex at HEB last year before the Giants/Cowboys playoff game. I thought it would be cool for all my Cowboy buddys to have their own team Kleenex box because I knew they would be crying after the game. When Romo threw that game ending INT I grabbed the box and started passing it around. Little did I know that TO would be needing that box of Kleenex during his post game press interview. Thinking of that moment almost brings tears to my eyes (tears of joy however tears nevertheless).
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #16
atxlaurie
Rookie

Thanks for all the tips guys.

And speaking of cowgirl fans...when they bash our team, are they forgetting that their lousy team hasn't really done anything since Aikman days?

I've had to remind two cowgirl fans of this fact in the past few days. One guy mumbled and bumbled all over himself trying to respond back to me and the other guy was just silent.
Old 08-19-2008   #17
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

I did the same down here in the RGV...bought about 12 of them...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I have tried for years to get stuff here in Austin. I am a huge Walmart boycotting kind of guy and had a spy check there because I heard in Htown Wally World sold stuff. Once I found kids stuff for Texans in Target off of Mopac and 290 but no gear for a 6'2" big wig kinda guy. The very firts year Academy had some stuff but that changed to Titans, Cowboys, Longhors,Aggies only after we had a few sucky seasons. I heard of a new Sports Authority in the Southpark Meadows but have yet to go there based on principle.
Amnyway I just buy all my gear on line. If you need some sources there let me know.
PS I may have a few polos I can sell, I have way too many!
Even in Houston (Katy at least), the Sports Authority has a shining wall of Cowboys gear. The Texans are reduced to just racks (which, the Cowboys have also). Makes me sick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #19
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

My son and I hit the outlet mall in Round Rock last nite, specifically the Reebok store:
they had Battle Red Schaub, Andre, Mario jerseys, 25% 69.99
Also had some nice t shirts and a real nice white jacket.
All NFL gear there is 25% off.

Not too bad.

The new Academy on 1431 is a JOKE...tons of Astros, and 3 Texans hats, that's it.
I'm writing Academy today tell them they get their act together with carrying Texans stuff or all my sporting good business is going elsewhere.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Fanzz in Highland have added Mario Williams deep steel blue jersey and new Texans sideline hat and draft hat to their inventory with Andre deep steel blue already being there. Theres a section of Texans shirts, and longsleeve too, plus hoodies.

If you want a Texans goldmine, head over to Reebok store in the outlet. They always have a bunch of Texans stuff. Yesterday I went in and saw Schuab and Andre battle red and white jerseys. Plus I saw pretty spiffy white Texans windbreaker jacket along with abunch of shirts and longsleeves. A huge section just for the Texans, then in the back is jerseys of other team, but the store is mainly Texans.
I was just at the Reebok outlet in San Marcos and I purchased every single kids piece of Texans clothing (sans the Jerseys, epensive) in the store as a part of my boy's new school clothing ensemble. They had five different pieces of clothes. Two t-shirts and two pull overs and an awesome windbreaker.

I saw four jerseys, Green, Williams, Schaub, and Johnson. Their selection for the adults was ridiculously small. Two shirts. I got the Texans tennis shoes so that was cool but I wouldn't be calling it a goldmine of any sort. Just make the drive to Houston for Texans gear. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it.

Target has a real nice selection as well as Kohls when the holidays or regular season flares up. Head on over there in a couple of weeks and you may be happy with Texans decor for the home.

HEB... I bought about thirty of those kleenex boxes. They were a buck a piece.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read