Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2008   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Marcel Shipp

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. He will be signed tomorrow per McClain.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5949519.html

I'm sick and tired of the Ahman Green injury watch bs. Time to fish or cut bait.

Last edited by aj.; 08-17-2008 at 09:07 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Marcel Shipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. He will be signed tomorrow per McClain.
Another NetFlix RB.

Didn't he have a fairly significant injury awhile back?
Old 08-17-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't averaged more than 3 yards a carry since 2003.

He's the best option they could find?

And why are we now talking about Green being out until the opener? It says in the linked article that he "could miss another two weeks". What's up with that? It was "nothing two weeks ago. No reason to get worried, we're just playing it safe with Ahman. If this was the regular season we'd push it a little harder. Now it's maybe another two weeks and we've got this guy being interviewed by Bob Allen in New Orleans on the sideline talking about how he doesn't know when he'll be back.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a player. I'm starting to feel "The Boselli Effect" around Ahman in a big way.
Old 08-17-2008   #4
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Another NetFlix RB.

Didn't he have a fairly significant injury awhile back?
I don't think so...Edge happened. And as you can see, Edge isn't exactly lighting it up in ARI's running game. Perhaps Shipp isn't as bad as we think. I'm intrigued...and I would like to subscribe to Shipp's newsletter (with an out clause, of course).

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Not suprising. Rick Smith said on-air last night that someone would be brought in within the next week to "solidify the position."
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I don't think so...Edge happened. And as you can see, Edge isn't exactly lighting it up in ARI's running game. Perhaps Shipp isn't as bad as we think. I'm intrigued...and I would like to subscribe to Shipp's newsletter (with an out clause, of course).
Spent the entire season in 2004 on injury reserve due to an ankle and leg injury.

link: Marcel Shipp profile

Horrible stats, too.

Eeek.

Old 08-17-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Shipp has pretty much ideal size and was a up and coming back till he had some injury issues. I'm just glad we are still looking at backs since nobody has impressed me much other than Slaton (I hope he gets some first team touches next week).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2008   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Shipp has pretty much ideal size and was a up and coming back till he had some injury issues. I'm just glad we are still looking at backs since nobody has impressed me much other than Slaton (I hope he gets some first team touches next week).
That's true enough. The worst he can do is average 2-3 yards a carry and look like everybody else. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Still, we're picking up Cardinals cast offs. I feel all "dirty" reading this.
Old 08-17-2008   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

AZ drafted a good looking young RB by the name of Tim Hightower who helped make Shipp even more expendable than he already was.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Kubes indicated in the press conference that he would.
Old 08-17-2008   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AZ drafted a good looking young RB by the name of Tim Hightower who helped make Shipp even more expendable than he already was.
Shipp wasn't a Whisenhunt back either

Another garbage RB picked up in free agency (see Bell and Brown).

Slaton will be a full time starter by the end of the year
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I remember Shipp had an 80 yard td on I think a screen pass a couple years ago. That's the only time i've heard his name before this signing.
Old 08-17-2008   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5949519.html

I'm sick and tired of the Ahman Green injury watch bs. Time to fish or cut bait.
At this point I'm cuttin bait .... He's a wasted roster spot.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not as down on Shipp as others seem to be. Of course, I've always had a soft spot for the hapless Cards, and I have no idea why. But to be fair to Shipp, the Cards have never had a good running game. I think their run blockoing has been problematic for YEARS.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 08-17-2008   #15
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I think Shipp will be a solid pickup!
Old 08-17-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

I wonder how many "courics" Shipp weighs right now.
Old 08-17-2008   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad they're still looking for a RB.

I noticed Keith from Indy was running 4th team

He or L. Jordan would be better than anything we currently have after they get cut.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I defer judgment until I see what he can do.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

He or L. Jordan would be better than anything we currently have after they get cut.
Pump the breaks steelbtexan, you do realize Steve Slaton is on our roster dont you?
Old 08-17-2008   #20
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

I don't think either of those guys are garbage pile pickups. L. Jordan would be a great pickup if available, but being realistic, he'll be Addai's backup. Keith was solid last year, so I don't see him getting released. Keith was Addai's backup last year, correct? Because correct if I'm not getting the right guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read