Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So why didn't Walker get any carries?

I haven't seen this brought up. Are they saving him for the Varsity team next week?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So why didn't Walker get any carries?

I don't think so. I think the coaches know exactly what they're going to get from Walker now (he did play last season unlike Taylor who sat) and this week they wanted to give Chris Taylor another shot at putting it together as well as taking a look at Brown and Slaton. I'm sure we'll see Walker next week against the Cowboys but I don't think they were saving him. They just intended to evaluate certain players this week and he wasn't one of them.
Old 08-17-2008   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Kubes said in the post game presser he was sorry he couldn't get Walker in there but he'll get him some work next week.

I think it was because he wanted the 1st team O in for 25-30 plays. He got them in for 26 but since the defense couldn't stop the Saints O that means they were in almost the entire 1st half.
Old 08-17-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think so. I think the coaches know exactly what they're going to get from Walker now (he did play last season unlike Taylor who sat) and this week they wanted to give Chris Taylor another shot at putting it together as well as taking a look at Brown and Slaton. I'm sure we'll see Walker next week against the Cowboys but I don't think they were saving him. They just intended to evaluate certain players this week and he wasn't one of them.
I was joking about saving him for the Varsity team. But that's a good point, Taylor needs more reps because before the Denver game it was over one year ago that he has had any game action. I think he needs more reps and maybe he can get into a groove.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read