Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2008   #121
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
So? You gotta make that catch. He's a 2nd year player who is struggling in the preseason, on a team with extraordinary depth at WR. He needed to make that catch not only for his team, but for himself.
They lost some WR depth when Harry went down.
Old 08-24-2008   #122
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

If Jacobe insists on acting like a kid, set him in the corner and make him write 100 times, "I will not fumble, I will hold onto the ball."
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #123
stiff
Rookie

Could always have him carry around a waterball like the coaches used to do in High School for guys that fumbled...
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #124
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Agreed.
Old 08-29-2008   #125
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

So college football has just started and I have been reading up on some games because I am in a pool and have to pick the spread for 23 games this weekend. So far I have seen 2 Jacoby Jones (Baylor, Clemson), there isn't really a point to this at all, just thought it was odd. Maybe they stole our JJ's identity?
Old 08-29-2008   #126
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
So college football has just started and I have been reading up on some games because I am in a pool and have to pick the spread for 23 games this weekend. So far I have seen 2 Jacoby Jones (Baylor, Clemson), there isn't really a point to this at all, just thought it was odd. Maybe they stole our JJ's identity?
Now THAT's wierd...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #127
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I wish people would Quit trying to compare this kid to Rice . He may be as physically gifted as Rice but he doesnt have the work ethic nor the maturity .
I'm not sure about all that but what he doesn't seem to have are hands that find, secure & hold onto the football

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2008   #128
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

Jacoby Jones will make a believer out of all of us in the near future. I think his troubles in the offseason coupled with his lackluster preseason performance will sink in on him and he will renew his work ethic. His personality just reminds me of someone who hates to be seen as second rate. I'm pulling for him. He has the talent to be something special in this league. I'm pulling for you JJ. Don't let us down.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #129
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
Jacoby Jones will make a believer out of all of us in the near future. I think his troubles in the offseason coupled with his lackluster preseason performance will sink in on him and he will renew his work ethic. His personality just reminds me of someone who hates to be seen as second rate. I'm pulling for him. He has the talent to be something special in this league. I'm pulling for you JJ. Don't let us down.
I just dont know about that .....

Something I noticed in the TB game , when he took the initial kickoff it looked like he bobbled it a bit .... Second and on the same play he was swinging his arms out to the side much like a sprinter coming out of the blocks.
He did this again on the first catch he made from Sage , after the nifty move to get away from the defender it looked to me that his arms were moving angularly , away from his body which makes it easier for a defender to knock the ball out.

I'm begining to think that this is his natural movement when running and that its going to take a lot of work both mental and physical to break the habit . For him to stick in the NFL ... He's got to fix it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #130
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I just dont know about that .....

Something I noticed in the TB game , when he took the initial kickoff it looked like he bobbled it a bit .... Second and on the same play he was swinging his arms out to the side much like a sprinter coming out of the blocks.
He did this again on the first catch he made from Sage , after the nifty move to get away from the defender it looked to me that his arms were moving angularly , away from his body which makes it easier for a defender to knock the ball out.

I'm begining to think that this is his natural movement when running and that its going to take a lot of work both mental and physical to break the habit . For him to stick in the NFL ... He's got to fix it.

This video certainly reinforces this point.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #131
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This video certainly reinforces this point.

thats jacoby ford? am i missing something?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read