Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2008   #101
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones

B.J. Sams was an UDFA for the Ravens in 2004.
I read in a book (where the writer got to spend the whole year with the team) about how he never dropped a ball in practice.

Yet he fumbled 5 times during games that season.
The Ravens didn't give up on him.
And he was a pretty good one for them until his injury last year.

I hope JJ turned it around.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #102
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I bet this was the same talk going on when Jerry Rice was having his issues. I hope someone tells Jacoby that at some point and tell him that he just has to work to get better at holding on to the ball.

edit: also, i think this talk about D. Anderson is premature. He has to show that he can do this in the regular season on a regular bases. He has to be our Wes Welker so to speak...right now hes only done this against 2nd and 3rd teamers....and anything on the Saints pass defense isnt all that to praise. D. Anderson is exciting and he has been VERY consistent when compared to Jones but i just don't know what hes going to do in the regular season because he plays like this each preseason.
I wish people would Quit trying to compare this kid to Rice . He may be as physically gifted as Rice but he doesnt have the work ethic nor the maturity .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #103
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I want JJ to return punts....... PERIOD!!

JJ Moses that is.
Old 08-18-2008   #104
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a business and how can you run a business when your sales guy is giving your competitor all the leads he has.

I am past hoping he can turn it around.

He has got to step up and handle his business or his days are numbered as a Texan plain and simple.
Old 08-18-2008   #105
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

How can we cut JJ when he is better than Jerry Rice ever was?

I hope he works it out. He's got plenty of talent. Meanwhile, Davis can keep scoring on kickoff returns twice a game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #106
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

LMAO @ ttp and his "Kubiak pushed him too far" argument.

If asking a player to return punts and be your # 4 WR is asking too much then they aren't NFL material. No matter how "raw" they are...

I notice you bashed someone because of their age, but maybe you should bring yourself up to speed with the salary cap era.

PS: I stand by my comments earlier in this thread, if he doesn't get this fumbling problem fixed by regular season we should just not suit him up.
Old 08-18-2008   #107
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

and that's probably the way it'll go. he'll make the team and if he doesn't get it together in the next few weeks he WILL be the one who doesn't suit. .... but again, he makes the team.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2008   #108
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I wish people would Quit trying to compare this kid to Rice . He may be as physically gifted as Rice but he doesnt have the work ethic nor the maturity .
I wish people would stop taking someones words out of context. I didn't say Jacoby Jones is the next Jerry Rice. I said I hope someone will tell him that Jerry Rice was having the same issues and that the way Jerry got out of it was by working hard to fix the problem.

Basically, someone needs to motivate him by giving him a good role model in Jerry Rice. Since they are in a similar situation.
Old 08-24-2008   #109
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone notice how much he swings the ball out when he runs after receiving a punt? I would have thought by now that the coaches would have corrected it.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #110
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Anyone notice how much he swings the ball out when he runs after receiving a punt? I would have thought by now that the coaches would have corrected it.
The coaches may have thought by now that he would have corrected it.
Old 08-24-2008   #111
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The coaches may have thought by now that he would have corrected it.

He uses the 4x100 meter relay baton holding method.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #112
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
I wish people would stop taking someones words out of context. I didn't say Jacoby Jones is the next Jerry Rice. I said I hope someone will tell him that Jerry Rice was having the same issues and that the way Jerry got out of it was by working hard to fix the problem.

Basically, someone needs to motivate him by giving him a good role model in Jerry Rice. Since they are in a similar situation.
.................or TAKE AWAY his ALLOWANCE.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #113
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If he caught that pass at the end we would have won against the Cowboys.
Old 08-24-2008   #114
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If he caught that pass at the end we would have won against the Cowboys.
If it was a regular season game we would have kicked the extra point.
Old 08-24-2008   #115
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I know.
Old 08-24-2008   #116
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
He still needs to catch that. The football hit him right in the hands. He won't get cut this year, but if he doesn't mature over the course of this season it could be his last in a Texans uni.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #117
gary
Hall of Fame

Amen.
Old 08-24-2008   #118
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
So? You gotta make that catch. He's a 2nd year player who is struggling in the preseason, on a team with extraordinary depth at WR. He needed to make that catch not only for his team, but for himself.
Old 08-24-2008   #119
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Give the kid a break. I remember just two seasons ago, people were talking about how much Andre Johnson drops balls. Jacoby is a RAW talented receiver from a SMALL school in his SECOND season. Look at the game again. Jacoby's HUGE punt return set up that drive in the first place.

Jacoby dropped a pass, which was thrown to the wrong shoulder (should have been thrown to the outside shoulder.) Andre Johnson dropped EVERY ball thrown his way. It happens. The kid is coming around, as coach Kubiak said.

You want him traded to the Titans? Man. Ya'll need to cool it on Jacoby Jones.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #120
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Just replying to an if with another if.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read