Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First half observations

1) Matt Schaub is the real deal. If he can stay healthy, I think we've found our franchise QB. His pocket awareness is amazing. He looks off the defenders. He drops back smoothly, delivers the ball smoothly, and trusts his receivers. His accuracy this year is greatly improved. On 3rd downs he steps up even more than usual

2) Kevin Walter and Andre Davis are a legit WR duo in the NFL. Add in AJ and we've got one of the top receiving corps in the league. They may not be flashy, but the fulfill their duties with ease

3) Owen Daniels is excellent. He blocks, he runs, he catches. What more can I say?

4) David Anderson jumped JJ in the depth chart tonight. He came in on the 3rd down play. JJ stayed on the bench

5) Our pass blocking is pretty good. DB is picking up the schemes quickly

6) I think Chris Brown did pretty well. He ran really hard, he broke tackles, and had a 15 yarder taken back. I think he played much better than his stats would indicate

7) Jacque Reeves is a liability in coverage. He can stay with receivers as good as anyone, but he has minimal ball skills. He covers blind

8) Our pass rush is disapointing. Mario made a couple of penetrations, but I didn't see anything else from anyone else

9) Greenwoods football IQ is a liability. I can't believe Im saying this. I love Greendwood. But i've seen him blow coverage twice this preseason already

10) Will Demps should make the probowl this year. He has a lot of football smarts. He takes good angles and tackles with athority

can't wait for the 2nd half. And remember, this is only preseason, so this might all mean nothing!!
Old 08-16-2008   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First half observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
1) Matt Schaub is the real deal. If he can stay healthy, I think we've found our franchise QB. His pocket awareness is amazing. He looks off the defenders. He drops back smoothly, delivers the ball smoothly, and trusts his receivers. His accuracy this year is greatly improved. On 3rd downs he steps up even more than usual

2) Kevin Walter and Andre Davis are a legit WR duo in the NFL. Add in AJ and we've got one of the top receiving corps in the league. They may not be flashy, but the fulfill their duties with ease

3) Owen Daniels is excellent. He blocks, he runs, he catches. What more can I say?

4) David Anderson jumped JJ in the depth chart tonight. He came in on the 3rd down play. JJ stayed on the bench

5) Our pass blocking is pretty good. DB is picking up the schemes quickly

6) I think Chris Brown did pretty well. He ran really hard, he broke tackles, and had a 15 yarder taken back. I think he played much better than his stats would indicate

7) Jacque Reeves is a liability in coverage. He can stay with receivers as good as anyone, but he has minimal ball skills. He covers blind

8) Our pass rush is disapointing. Mario made a couple of penetrations, but I didn't see anything else from anyone else

9) Greenwoods football IQ is a liability. I can't believe Im saying this. I love Greendwood. But i've seen him blow coverage twice this preseason already

10) Will Demps should make the probowl this year. He has a lot of football smarts. He takes good angles and tackles with athority

can't wait for the 2nd half. And remember, this is only preseason, so this might all mean nothing!!
\

He makes me miss faggins. I know, I said it
Old 08-16-2008   #3
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ can't hold onto a football. He's already fumbled 3 times in 2 preseason games.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the guy that said he would trade our whole back-field for Kolb and Hunt?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #5
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Where's the guy that said he would trade our whole back-field for Kolb and Hunt?
Passed out on the floor after huffing down his last can of air duster?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Zac Diles play today? I wasn't play very close attention to the game so I don't know if he played well or not today

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Did Zac Diles play today? I wasn't play very close attention to the game so I don't know if he played well or not today
Zac played with the first team and got a couple of tackles. The feed I was watching wasn't good enough for me to be able to tell if he was having problems or not. I can't wait to see it on NFLN.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2008   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Zac played with the first team and got a couple of tackles. The feed I was watching wasn't good enough for me to be able to tell if he was having problems or not. I can't wait to see it on NFLN.
He got a good stop on one of those dreaded swing passes.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked what I saw from Zach Diles, always around the ball & physical. Duane Brown is gonna be a franchise tackle, yes. Molden is going to be the starting cb before the end of the season. Slayton looks more like a workhorse than I expected. Schuab looks great when he has protection & now he's got weapons. seeing Gibbs on the sideline is reassuring

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub looked crisp and very much in rhythm...can't wait to see him connect with A. Johnson
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read