Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2008   #361
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans vs. New Orleans Saints - Gameday Thread 8-16-08

jones is officially pissing me off.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #362
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ is digging himself a DEEEP hole. Droped the ball on a reverse.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #363
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

come on JJ, focus!!!
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #364
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

oh jacoby.

*facepalm*
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #365
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

David Anderson has passed him on the depth chart. I don't think there's any doubt about that now.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #366
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Was that McCoy? Hahahaha
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #367
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think Turk made the ball cry on that boomer
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2008   #368
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Those comparisons of Slaton to Reggie Bush seem to be inaccurate. I haven't seen Slaton dance behind the line of scrimmage yet. He hits the hole decisively.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #369
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
Those comparisons of Slaton to Reggie Bush seem to be inaccurate. I haven't seen Slaton dance behind the line of scrimmage yet. He hits the hole decisively.
Not to mention Slaton can actually run inside.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #370
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
David Anderson has passed him on the depth chart. I don't think there's any doubt about that now.
confirmed.

jacoby is not focused at all.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #371
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosie was going to deck the QB before they held him. Good for a penalty though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #372
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Not to mention Slaton can actually run inside.
and doesn't have 26.3 million guaranteed $$$
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #373
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Slaton did a good job against Orlean's backups. Playing against Pittsburg's stating defensive unit will be just a tad more difficult. LOL

Brink didn't do much except hand off. JJ is now on my s**t list. He needs to get his head togeather.

Our offensive looks good, even without AJ. Our defense needs some work.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #374
Toro59
Rookie

I thought it was a good game, definatly better than last week. Schaub was great. The only thing i'm pissed at besides Jones was the TV coverage. They actually missed a few plays and always called out the wrong players. I'm glad I know most of them by there numbers because the broadcasters had it all screwed up.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #375
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro59 View Post
I thought it was a good game, definatly better than last week. Schaub was great. The only thing i'm pissed at besides Jones was the TV coverage. They actually missed a few plays and always called out the wrong players. I'm glad I know most of them by there numbers because the broadcasters had it all screwed up.
Its preseason for them too
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #376
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

People think it's a lock for Jacoby to make this team, just because he was a 3rd round pick, but if he doesn't get his shit together, he's going to find himself off this team.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #377
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
People think it's a lock for Jacoby to make this team, just because he was a 3rd round pick, but if he doesn't get his shit together, he's going to find himself off this team.
I'm going to agree with you. Jacoby has officially put his ass on notice. It's great how excited he gets before fielding a punt but dammit.....hold on to the damn ball! Speaking of which...I know it was last year but that muffed punt against the Titans was as bad as the Cook fumble against the Giants. (sorry to bring up bad memories but if we're going to move forward as a franchise we MUST protect the football).

I'm really hoping that the growing pains are coming to an end because if he makes the 53 man roster and continues to turn the ball over....we could be forced to make some tough decisions. What makes this worse is that Rick Smith has done an excellent job at finding talent throughout the draft....it'd be a shame if we can't mold JJ into a quality reciever/returner.

One last thing....David Anderson and Kevin Walter....one is becoming a quality pro and one is making me a believer. I'm now hoping DA makes the reg. season roster. The guy just shows up and goes to work! Gotta love that.
Old 08-17-2008   #378
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'm going to agree with you. Jacoby has officially put his ass on notice. It's great how excited he gets before fielding a punt but dammit.....hold on to the damn ball! Speaking of which...I know it was last year but that muffed punt against the Titans was as bad as the Cook fumble against the Giants. (sorry to bring up bad memories but if we're going to move forward as a franchise we MUST protect the football).

I'm really hoping that the growing pains are coming to an end because if he makes the 53 man roster and continues to turn the ball over....we could be forced to make some tough decisions. What makes this worse is that Rick Smith has done an excellent job at finding talent throughout the draft....it'd be a shame if we can't mold JJ into a quality reciever/returner.

One last thing....David Anderson and Kevin Walter....one is becoming a quality pro and one is making me a believer. I'm now hoping DA makes the reg. season roster. The guy just shows up and goes to work! Gotta love that.
The muffed punt I remember against the Titans was David Anderson's. Jacoby was injured and they put Anderson back there to act as a PR. He hadn't practiced much at the position and muffed it.

Jacoby, otoh, took that little swing pass right at the beginning of the game and put it on the carpet.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #379
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The muffed punt I remember against the Titans was David Anderson's. Jacoby was injured and they put Anderson back there to act as a PR. He hadn't practiced much at the position and muffed it.

Jacoby, otoh, took that little swing pass right at the beginning of the game and put it on the carpet.
No man, Jacoby muffed the punt at the end of the 4th quarter in Nashville when we were making our comeback. A couple first downs later and we lost the game. Are we talking about the same game?
Old 08-17-2008   #380
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
No man, Jacoby muffed the punt at the end of the 4th quarter in Nashville when we were making our comeback. A couple first downs later and we lost the game. Are we talking about the same game?
Hate to bust your bubble but that was David Anderson. Here's what NFL.com says:

Quote:
(6:52) 15-C.Hentrich punts 39 yards to HOU 31, Center-58-K.Amato. 89-D.Anderson MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by TEN-21-R.Hill at HOU 33. 21-R.Hill to HOU 33 for no gain (89-D.Anderson).
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playby...&override=true

Jacoby was hurt. They stuck Anderson back there even though he hadn't practiced much at the position. During the press conference afterwards, Kubiak took the blame for putting Anderson in that situation when he hadn't practiced it, iirc.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read