Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2004   #1
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keep pressure on Leftwich

For the Texans to win this Sunday, they have to keep Leftwich's happy feet moving. One way to do this is to send Antwaan Peek on third and long situations as well as mixing him in on cetain run situations. The Jags will need to double team Peek and will only be sucessful part of the time if the plan goes right. The running game is the deal breaker here. Keeping the Jags in check (they don't have to completely stop the run) and putting pressure on Lefty will allow our defense pick-off opportunities.
Old 12-25-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well i've gotten various reports that Taylor will not play sunday and Jones will get the start ! Not verified but they were talking about it on the jags board !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred has missed the last couple of practices. I'm waiting till game time to make my decision to start him in a fantasy league. Expect a big dose of Jones this weekend in any event I think because Taylor has said he will have to wear a brace if he plays regardless.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Jones could tear us up. He is a load to bring down and our tackling hasnt been great this season...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yes he COULD, and the world COULD end today, but i dont think it will ! Who knows D.D, the guy who u dont consider a featured back could tear up the jags. i say he has 120 yrds rushing and 50 recieveing yrds and 2 TD. But we still win even though yall say when davis scores we seem to lose !
Old 12-25-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yes he COULD, and the world COULD end today, but i dont think it will ! Who knows D.D, the guy who u dont consider a featured back could tear up the jags. i say he has 120 yrds rushing and 50 recieveing yrds and 2 TD. But we still win even though yall say when davis scores we seem to lose !
Melwelde Moore tore us up, so Jones has a big chance.

I doubt that Davis has that kind of game not becaue of Davis but because of Stroud and Henderson. And if Davis did get 120 yards against the Jags, it would double his career total rushing yards against them. He has 38 attempts for 109 for 2.8 yards a carry, but I dont blame him because he has to run around Stroud and Henderson...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah haha i know what ya meant, but they are big guys and have a lot of push. But hopefully we can do some toss plays that go for a lot of yards, it worked against the bears. But this aint the bears D, oh well the O line just needs to run/pass block a lil better and we will do fine. The game depends on if they can do there job, if not we lose !
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2004   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I doubt that Davis has that kind of game not becaue of Davis but because of Stroud and Henderson.
No problem! Stroud and Henderson will get themselves ejected by the end of the first quarter! Davis and/or Wells, will have a GOOD day!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't it enlightening how bad a quarterback looks if pressure is put on him? He gets 'happy feet'. He hurries his throws. He wants to dump it off. He can't find an open receiver. He gets rattled, and makes bad decisions.

Sound familiar?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004   #10
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Isn't it enlightening how bad a quarterback looks if pressure is put on him? He gets 'happy feet'. He hurries his throws. He wants to dump it off. He can't find an open receiver. He gets rattled, and makes bad decisions.

Sound familiar?
And gets lots of BOO BOO's...lol.....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read