Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Anderson

Really? A mullet? I think he should get cut just for that.

If you haven't seen the practice video today you need to watch it. He roasts Bob Allen during the interview. Funny stuff.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #2
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Really? A mullet? I think he should get cut just for that.

If you haven't seen the practice video today you need to watch it. He roasts Bob Allen during the interview. Funny stuff.
ive been rocking the mullet since i was a kid and its not only a hairstyle its a lifstyle so dont hate
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

he said he'll cut it come the regular season.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on man, you gotta root for the under-dog! As long as he produces on the field, I could care less what he looks like.
Old 08-16-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

No doubt.
Old 08-16-2008   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Still got a couple more preseason games to go, but right now DA looks like he's on the roster.
BTW, LZ said in his blog that Jacobey J. may not make the roster if he doesn't pick it up in the balance of preseason. He really needs to hang onto the ball. I dunno, would they really cut last years 3rd round pick this soon ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know but I don't think so.
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2008   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Still got a couple more preseason games to go, but right now DA looks like he's on the roster.
BTW, LZ said in his blog that Jacobey J. may not make the roster if he doesn't pick it up in the balance of preseason. He really needs to hang onto the ball. I dunno, would they really cut last years 3rd round pick this soon ?
motivation hopefully. practice squad eligible, would be good as gone if they did. really looking forward to WR competition in tonights game, Anderson should make the 53 man roster, Jacoby needs to produce on punt returns, Andre Davis on kick-offs while the battle for the last WR spot is waged between LeRon McCoy & Tim Carter.

1.Johnson
2.Walter
3.Anderson
4.McCoy/Carter

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you kidding? I love the haircut. The steps are awesome!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Agreed.
Old 08-16-2008   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think it's really come down to that just yet, but it very well could. My whole belief is that he's a guy with tremendous athletic ability and upside. We drafted him out of Lane College, knowing he wasn't polished yet and that he would take some time to become an NFL receiver.

Sure he's been here a year now but I would definitely give him at least this upcoming season and even some of next offseason. I think by year 3 he will have really improved and I hope that's the thought kind of when we selected him in the 3rd round.

He does have to hang onto the football, and if he commits some costly turnovers during the year, he may be closer to his way out... but there is no way i cut him for the likes of Carter, McCoy, Jenkins, etc. At worst I would put Anderson ahead of him on the depth chart and have JJ at 5. The others offer no more upside at the #5 spot than Jacoby does so it would be a horrible decision.

The only other thing I can think of is if he's been a bad teammate in the locker room, doesn't practice hard, talks back to the coaches, and/or is being a bad citizen... but I don't think that's the case.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't think it's really come down to that just yet, but it very well could. My whole belief is that he's a guy with tremendous athletic ability and upside. We drafted him out of Lane College, knowing he wasn't polished yet and that he would take some time to become an NFL receiver.

Sure he's been here a year now but I would definitely give him at least this upcoming season and even some of next offseason. I think by year 3 he will have really improved and I hope that's the thought kind of when we selected him in the 3rd round.

He does have to hang onto the football, and if he commits some costly turnovers during the year, he may be closer to his way out... but there is no way i cut him for the likes of Carter, McCoy, Jenkins, etc. At worst I would put Anderson ahead of him on the depth chart and have JJ at 5. The others offer no more upside at the #5 spot than Jacoby does so it would be a horrible decision.

The only other thing I can think of is if he's been a bad teammate in the locker room, doesn't practice hard, talks back to the coaches, and/or is being a bad citizen... but I don't think that's the case.
I agree.
Old 08-16-2008   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else think that DA is going to become that annoying player to other teams. You know the guy that makes the small plays that drive you nuts and you know he is not really that good of a player but your team makes him look as if he is the most awesome player ever?

Steve Tasker comes to mind right off the bat but there was also an old school KR for the Cardinals and Eagles that had a samoan last name that reminds of this too.

As for Jacoby Jones. With AJ coming off injury, I doubt he gets cut. These are just things they are doing to get this kid to remove his head out of his rear end and play like they know he is capable of playing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #14
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be shocked if Jacoby Jones got cut after only one year, part of which was spent injured.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Good post.

Right now Anderson is in the driver's seat after a great game against Denver but he's got to continue that through the pre-season just to make the squad.I love how a year later can change everything. Last pre season we were hoping someone would just stick opposite AJ. A year later solid up and down at the WR corps and a fight to make the team at the position.

The only thing that bothers me really is Jacoby started to come on at the end of last year. One PREseason game and a fumble later some people are claiming his spot is in jeopardy. Considering how he looked coming back after the shoulder injury maybe i am the only one excited he wanted to try and make something happen.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #16
Polo

LOL @ Jacoby being cut....
Old 08-16-2008   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
I would be shocked if Jacoby Jones got cut after only one year, part of which was spent injured.
That's what I'd tend to think, and since he came out of a very small college
Kubiak surely had to discount his expectations of JJs early progress given that
small school background.
The only thing is LZ usually has a pretty dang good handle on things and therefor I'm inclined to pay attention to what he says.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Jacoby offers us a deep threat at WR even though he is raw. You dont cut that potential... but you do criticize the hell out of it!!!
Old 08-16-2008   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what I'd tend to think, and since he came out of a very small college
Kubiak surely had to discount his expectations of JJs early progress given that
small school background.
The only thing is LZ usually has a pretty dang good handle on things and therefor I'm inclined to pay attention to what he says.
LZ is reaching on this one IMO, most top WR prospects coming in to the league take atleast a year to get adjusted if not more and Jocoby was always someone that needed to be developed. I just think it would be foolish to drop that potential on an incomplete season and a fumble in one preseason game. Even if Kubiak and Co. see some things they aren't liking, dropping him at this point would have been a wasted pick. I think we'll be alright with Johnson, Walter, Davis, Jones, and Anderson as our WR corp. Davis can return kicks, Jones can return punts, and Anderson can play on special teams.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

I think that JJ just being out there on the field is a threat because the D does know that at any given time he might just catch a deep pass.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read