Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2004   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr must keep his composure despite his offensive lines failures (there will be some) know they are trying & giving it all they have. Those big Jag tackles (Henderson & Stroud) scare me eek: & maybe Darius is suspended
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #22
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Oline against the bears was... bleh.. bad. I dunno if that is because of the bears Dline.. or because of the cold..or what.

But really our oline hasnt been that terrible. I mean.. yah.. they have been getting their butts handed to them.. but its been in the two games against the colts mostly. and its been Dwight Freeney mostly.. and if you watched the colts/ravens game.. you saw Freeney beating the snot out of Ogden.. best LT in the league.

We actually havent done too terrible against slower, more powerful Dlines like the Jags have. SO.. i dont think they will be that big a problem.

Also, Dunta is better now than he was earlier this year in the first Jags game.. and so is Babin.. and we will probably be seeing Peek out there a bit more so we may have a better pass rush. ALSO.. Davis is healthy this time.

I like our chances.. we have always been a team that goes for Moral victories .. and sweeping the jags, and taking them out of the playoffs, ESPECIALLY after the way they acted last game and in the past.. that would be a big moral victory.

I think we are gonna go in there fired up.. it should be a real good game. I think it will be closer than the last game, simply cause the jags have a lot to play for and they are at home.. but I think we have a good chance of winning.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #23
Cheroqui
Veteran

Of course we can beat them. We beat them before when they were pulling wins out of their -$$, and yes they are playing tough but we can do it. Look at how we played the Colts last time, was it a 51-14 blowout? No. I see it like this... We beat the Jags before, we beat the Titans, the Titans hung in there against the Colts for a minute. Then we did pretty good against the Colts, so averaging all of those games of teams we beat and teams we didn't get destroyed by I would say we can take this one! We have to watch out for Fred Taylor and that it, the rest should work out fine. Like I mentioned in other posts, we seem to get at least one pickoff or fumble a game so if we can capitalize on those efforts for 3-7 it's a wrap!
Old 12-20-2004   #24
RWBinJax
Rookie

Grid:

I also believe it will be a close game. I hope for a different outcome this time.

In the meantime, let's hope both teams get out of the game without significant injuries.
RWBinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #25
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans were able to get pressure on Hutchinson in the Chicago game but the Jacksonville team is much better than the Bears and getting consistent pressure on Leftwich will be a major key if the Texans hope to pull out a win.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #26
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Now hear this the Jags will be going all out with a Blitz Creed. Heads are going to roll. This will be a very Physical game between these two AFC South rivals. I love the sound of an O-line is distress, it just warms the cockles of my heart...
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Now hear this the Jags will be going all out with a Blitz Creed.
I hope you're right. The book on defending the Texans is to let the front 4 get pressure and play a deep zone. The Jags blitzing and leaving the Texan WRs in man coverage would be a belated, but much appreciated, Xmas present.
Old 12-20-2004   #28
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it will be much of a Christmas present when Carr will have to be pealling his rear end from off the turf at Alltel.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #29
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think it will be much of a Christmas present when Carr will have to be pealling his rear end from off the turf at Alltel.
You do realize that Carr has never lost at Alltel, right? In fact, Carr as a starter is 3-1 against the Jags. But, I bet you knew that.
Old 12-20-2004   #30
GO_TEXANS143BUFFALO
waterboy

i HPOE THE KICK AS$!!!!
GO_TEXANS143BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #31
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That was a big win for the Jags yesterday, but the Pack has been Jekyll and Hyde at home all season. That was their 4th loss at Lambeau this year..

Leftwich looked like he got beat up pretty good, if Dunta and rest of D...hit him a lot expect to see him make some mistakes which favors us. JMHO
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #32
texan4life
Rookie

Living in jax. i have seen them and the de arent that good so our o-line shouldn't have that hard of a time
texan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #33
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Darius will play next week, regardless if he is suspended or not. He will appeal it, and will not have to serve it until the appeal is heard. He probably will just get a fine.
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #34
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4life
Living in jax. i have seen them and the de arent that good so our o-line shouldn't have that hard of a time
are you kidding? do the names stroud and henderson ring a bell? you better hope your O-Line brings its A-Game to Florida this week.

how many O-Line starters were out when we played the 2nd time last year? does anyone know? i can't find the starting lineups
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #35
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
how many O-Line starters were out when we played the 2nd time last year? does anyone know? i can't find the starting lineups
Our LT and RT are new to the lineup, so we'll have at least two different starters from last year. Our starting RG is injured so we'll have his backup in. LG and C played last year. Much to your disappointment I'm sure, we will not be starting our third string QB like last year.
Old 12-20-2004   #36
David_Carr8
Rookie

Quote:
Now hear this the Jags will be going all out with a Blitz Creed. Heads are going to roll. This will be a very Physical game between these two AFC South rivals. I love the sound of an O-line is distress, it just warms the cockles of my heart...
ummm do u mean blitzkrieg instead of blitz creed?

byron leftwitch is gonna have an awful game. david carr will do good.

texans:35
jags:21
David_Carr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #37
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Starting O @ Jax last year:

Offense WR 80 A.Johnson - same
LT 69 C.Pitts (now Wand)
LG 77 T.Washington (now Pitts)
C 76 S.McKinney - same
RG 72 Z.Wiegert (injured last week - being replaced by backup T. Washington)
RT 68 G.Randall (now Wade - is Randall even in the league any more?)
TE 82 B.Miller - same ... on passing downs
WR 86 J.Gaffney - same
QB 4 D.Ragone (now Carr - Ragone was/is still the 3rd stringer)
RB 25 T.Hollings (now Davis - Hollings was/is still the 3rd stringer)
TE 89 J.Holloway (now Bruener - is Jabari still in the league?)
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #38
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Our boys can do this. They did it before and will do it again.

Plus they are coming off a win and will be fired up over the Darius debacle also. Plus Leftwich is spending more "down" time on the turf than David is.

To Santa: I have been very good this year. All I ask for is a good CLEAN game and a WIN for the TEXANS on 12/26. Oh yea, and a new broom to sweep the kitty poop outta here!!!!

Signed,

FILOgirl

P.S.- There is some Crown in your cup of coffee. Rest of the bottle will be under the sink. :woot
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #39
David_Carr8
Rookie

when the texans play the jags yea

david carr and the rest of them guys r going to eat lighting

and **** thunder
David_Carr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #40
Supertex
Rookie

I beleive if our offensive line steps up we will take this game. I also agree with the rotation of wells and dd. This would give them each time to freshen up before reentering the playing field. I beleive Robinson is going to have a big day againt leftwich. I suspect at least 1 interception. Also, Sharper is very fired up for this one as I saw on the night show. We swept the titans and now if we sweep the jags we will make a better foundation name for ourselves. It would be nice to take this game and say we will conquer it but reality is it will be close. I still see a texans win though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read