Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2008   #1
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Would Trade ........

Our ENTIRE backfield (yes all QB's and RB's) to the Iggles for Kolb and Tony Hunt. I know some of you will like this.....
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #2
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Would Trade ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Our ENTIRE backfield (yes all QB's and RB's) to the Iggles for Kolb and Tony Hunt. I know some of you will like this.....
I think you have a fine future as an NFL Network talent analyst once the determine that Charley Casserley is too competent for the job.
Old 08-15-2008   #3
Polo

In my best Jim Rome voice:

If by "some of you", you mean "barely anyone"... then I completely agree.

Last edited by Polo; 08-15-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2008   #4
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think you have a fine future as an NFL Network talent analyst once the determine that Charley Casserley is too competent for the job.
Perhaps you're giving me too much credit....
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I might be convinced to trade our backfield for Kolb and Westbrook ..... OK, no.

I like Kolb, and our backfield is crap, but I think Schaub will be good.
Old 08-15-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

After Matt is done I think it will be Shane's job to loose so no.
Old 08-15-2008   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not consider our backfield total crap.
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2008   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I do not consider our backfield total crap.
Duly noted. We'll revisit at year's end.
Old 08-15-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

It needs a little more work but to say it's crap is just dumb IMO.
Old 08-15-2008   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
See above.
Old 08-15-2008   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the RBs and QBs could be good if things break right .
Old 08-15-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
See above.
That was not at you sorry if it came off like that but IMO wanting to trade away the whole backfield before they have a chance to blend together is just like saying that it is crap and giving them no credit.
Old 08-15-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

I should clarify - when I say backfield, I'm referring to our running backs. As a group, they are crap. The only guy I have any optimism for is Slaton. I guess we'll just wait and see. I would hate to be right.
Old 08-15-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think the RBs and QBs could be good if things break right .
The RBs for sure.
Old 08-15-2008   #15
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was not at you sorry if it came off like that but IMO wanting to trade away the whole backfield before they have a chance to blend together is just like saying that it is crap and giving them no credit.
If one or more of our Rb's have some great flashy runs against the Saints most of this predictable "the sky is falling" should die down, and people will regain their wits about them, instead of rambling on about trading this guy or that guy. It really gets old and tired, and until we get a true shot at what they can do all this speculation is one big old yawn fest.
Old 08-15-2008   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the term backfield was used here to include QBs, FBs and RBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I should clarify - when I say backfield, I'm referring to our running backs. As a group, they are crap. The only guy I have any optimism for is Slaton. I guess we'll just wait and see. I would hate to be right.
Agree about the RBs sorry I thought you all were talking about the other kind of backfield.
Old 08-15-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
In my best Jim Rome voice:

If by "some of you", you mean "barely anyone"... then I completely agree.
More Jim Rome:

"I mean the that would be just stupid. (long pause...) Why would someone want a trade like that. (long pause) (paper crumble). Don't call my show clones with some horrible trade. A trade that just doesn't make any sense. (long pause) Alright next up we have..."
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
If one or more of our Rb's have some great flashy runs against the Saints most of this predictable "the sky is falling" should die down, and people will regain their wits about them, instead of rambling on about trading this guy or that guy. It really gets old and tired, and until we get a true shot at what they can do all this speculation is one big old yawn fest.
I was talking about the wrong backfield. Sorry. Please forgive me I feel so bad.
Old 08-15-2008   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd trade all our RB's (cept maybe Slaton) for a cold beer at the next Texans game ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read