Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008   #21
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone going to Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I can't believe anyone would still be making 19-10 a rally cry in 2008. If that's the best you can do six years after the fact, that's pretty sad testimony. Dallas fans cared about that game in 2002, whether they admit it or not, but they have long since purged the memory of Q and Curly Campo. I can assure you they don't give a rats ass any more. I suggest we do the same and try to come up with something more original, like making the playoffs once.
When Dallas fan quits spouting out how many SB rings they have and yet forget the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since our inception, we will consider retiring that statement.

Its a statment of pride...since we don't have much else to hang our hats on...YET.
texanmojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #22
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

To each their own I guess.

19-10 was one of the greatest fan experiences of my life and I hold the memory near and dear. It's on my wall. It's on my mantle. It's in my memory bank. It's in many articles I've written. It's just not a rally cry any more for me when I go to Irving or talk to fans of their team.

While it's near and dear to my heart, it's lost it's luster as something to put on a sign and wave in front of Cowboys fan. It doesn't get their goat. They don't care, or at least they don't care any more. They used it double and triple against us when they stomped our ass 34-6 when it counted two years ago. Lots of 19-10 signs ended up under the nasty Texas Stadium seats by the middle of the 3rd quarter in that one. 34-6 easily trumps 19-10 in their minds - not to mention the other stuff like championships that sometimes goes with being a franchise for 48 years.

If I'm crowing about anything, it's about the strides our team has made since it's low point in 2005 and the fact that we can seriously talk playoffs for the first time without people doubling over laughing at us. I'm not crowing (any more) about a win over a really bad Cowboys team six seasons ago - great memories and all and even if it remains the signature victory of our franchise. That's the bittersweet part.

The fact that the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game for 13 years or whatever, stands on its own. "5 SB rings" blahhhhhh is about as original as 'Houston, you have a problem.' What have they done in the last decade plus? Answer: not much. They need to win a playoff game this year or there will be a meltdown of epic proportions and you will see Jerry grabbing the headsets off a dazed and confused Wade on the sidelines as PacMan and T.O go rebellion in the locker room. I have a dream ...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #23
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
When Dallas fan quits spouting out how many SB rings they have and yet forget the fact that they haven't won a playoff game since our inception, we will consider retiring that statement.

Its a statment of pride...since we don't have much else to hang our hats on...YET.
I dunno, but I just have a hunch that Cowboy fans don't use our beloved teams inception year as their point of reference ? Something just tells me that the history of their franchise in their minds is not revolving around 2002,
even if it is in yours.
In the meantime, I second what AJ said, lets just concentrate on getting in the playoffs, maybe even winning one of those post season games. 2002 is now also pretty much out of site in this Texan fans rear-view mirror.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #24
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I should be in Dallas around 5 ish. I will walk around the Blue Lot to see if I see anyone...You guys know what I look like...so yell at me if I pass by...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #25
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
I am going. I will be 6th row around 40 yard line behind Cowgirls bench. SHould I wear my white Williams or Blue Jacoby hmmm.
Rock...just wear something that you never plan on wearing again. That stadium is a cesspool. The last time I went to Texans stadium I had to burn the clothes I was wearing.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read