Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-20-2004   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default More Evidence Del Rio is a head case

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...jag_bar2.shtml
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The site makes you register. What does the article say?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #3
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I don't know, but i think he didn't mean to do it...It looked like he was trying to sweep the ball from Fergusion...But as fast as they were moving it could have been easy to miss and hit his head instead...It just didn't look to be intentional...Look how fast those guys move, it seems hard to stop on a dime...But i do hope Fergusion is ok, hes a great player...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #4
Red House
Rookie

I can't believe Del Rio has the gall to defend a blatantly illegal clothesline hit that could have paralyzed another player. What a class act.

I saw on Jacksonville's board where Darius (or another Jag player) said that Ferguson was in the air too long and that's why the hit was as bad as it was. Funny, I thought the hit was as bad as it was because it was illegal, my bad.

The Jags have surpassed the Titans as the Texan's rival that I just cannot stand.
Red House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #5
texansfan88
All Pro

Del Rio backed his player, saying he thought Darius was ejected because the officials were influenced by the crowd's loud jeering.

That's why I was not happy. It might have been unintentional, but I'd give anything to see Johnson truck him next game

Last edited by texansfan88; 12-20-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2004   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
I don't know, but i think he didn't mean to do it...It looked like he was trying to sweep the ball from Fergusion...But as fast as they were moving it could have been easy to miss and hit his head instead...It just didn't look to be intentional...Look how fast those guys move, it seems hard to stop on a dime...But i do hope Fergusion is ok, hes a great player...

OT- what program did you make your avatar with?

Looking for better pics-
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
Del Rio backed his player, saying he thought Darius was ejected because the officials were influenced by the crowd's loud jeering.
Playing devil's advocate here, but publicly, you can't expect Del Rio to not back his player. What went on behind the scenes might have been a different story.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2004   #8
BIG CATS FAN

I GUESS YOUR BLIND TOO THE HITTING OF LEFTWICH LATE HUH GET REAL.
Old 12-20-2004   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Playing devil's advocate here, but publicly, you can't expect Del Rio to not back his player. What went on behind the scenes might have been a different story.
Yeah but look at how he said it, he found a scapegoat saying it was the fans fault
Old 12-20-2004   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS FAN
Speak E-N-G-L-I-S-H

and maybe we are blind, but at least we can sell out a stadium
Old 12-20-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS FAN
Like when Stroud or Henderson hit Carr late or every QB in the league for that matter??? Right back at ya

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #12
JagGator007
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
but I'd give anything to see Johnson truck him next game or have Antwan Peek snap Leftwich's leg in half
You're one sick person.

Yeah, the hit was illegal and he shouldn't have done it, but wish that Leftwich breaks his leg? What the **** is wrong with you? What did Leftwich have to do with this anyway?
JagGator007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Many people say "why wouldn't JDR back his player?"

well because he was wrong.

I'll give you two examples of 2 good coaches who know when to not back his player: 1) Steelers LB Joey Porter got a personal foul for kicking someone who was on the ground (not a hard kick, but a kick) when porter left the field Cowher screamed at him "NO, YOU'RE WRONG" he didn't defend him, he wouldn't defend something like that.
2) Paul Silas, Cavaliers coach, constantly benches players for bad conduct, small rule infractions, etc
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #14
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
OT- what program did you make your avatar with?

Looking for better pics-
Heres the web site http://www.ulead.com/ga/runme.htm . I used the free trial to make mine, So you can download the free trial for 15 days...
Old 12-20-2004   #15
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88

That's why I was not happy. It might have been unintentional, but I'd give anything to see Johnson truck him next game or have Antwan Peek snap Leftwich's leg in half
Well regardless whether it was intentional or not, i don't wish any player harm during a game, no matter how bad i want my team to win.. I hope this will be a good safe game...Leftwich doesn't deserve to be hurt no more the Carr or any player does.
Old 12-20-2004   #16
JagGator007
waterboy

Of course Del Rio will back his player. He's not going to call out his own player in public. You deal with that stuff internally and in private.
JagGator007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #17
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Having this happen right before our game with them, it just helps bring to light that we need to be on the lookout for their known shameless playing once again.
Maybe the league will be watching the Jaguars closer too. Not a bad idea.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #18
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagGator007
You're one sick person.

Yeah, the hit was illegal and he shouldn't have done it, but wish that Leftwich breaks his leg? What the **** is wrong with you? What did Leftwich have to do with this anyway?
heck leftwich's leg is probably already broken. He gets hit once and he's down forever. I'm not sick, I just really reallly dont like the Jags.
Old 12-20-2004   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

Darius is lucky that Ferguson finally got feeling back in his legs. He would have been in serious trouble if he hadn't

Someone I knwo that was at the game said that the Jags were laughing about it after the fact, and only GET THIS Marcus Stroud was concerned

you got me on that one.
Old 12-20-2004   #20
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagGator007
Of course Del Rio will back his player. He's not going to call out his own player in public. You deal with that stuff internally and in private.
Yeah but look at how he said it, he found a scapegoat saying it was the fans fault

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read