Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2005   #61
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

what player past or present does this Cheatwood guy remind you of?
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #62
TigerCat Fan
Rookie

Quote:

Question for some of teh Tiger-Cat fans; who good are y'alls DBs? I'm just still amazed that a DE canrecord 11 sacks while lining up a yard of the ball.

Actually, Tim had 14 sacks last year and our other Rush End Joe Montford had 13. Maybe the i yard off the ball might help an end because it gives you a bit of room to make a move on the defensive line. But you still have to be very fast to get to the QB especially a mobile QB which most of them are up here. Doug Flutie rewrote the record books up here as did his brother Darren (who just retired a few years ago from the Tiger Cats after becoming the Tiger Cat All-Time leading receiver)

As far as the DB's are concerned, we've had some great ones in the CFL over the years. It's not an easy job up here with the wide field, mobile QBs and deep end zones. Pressure on the QB is of key importance up here. A guy like Doug Flutie can make DB's look real bad due to the time he bought himself. He still has the knack of doing that in San Diego as you people can see.

We still shake our heads at Buffalo keeping Johnson over Flutie. Terrible move!

By the way, Darren Flutie is now a Colour Commentator during the football season

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...io_flutie.html
TigerCat Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #63
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Darren Flutie is now a Colour Commentator during the football season
the dreaded canadian "u"s have invaded our board! we better break out the snow shovels before the "eh"s show up

hehe, Flutie hasnt had near as much success in the NFL. As NFL QBs go.. he below par. Hopefully Cheatwoods speed and pass rushing abilities will translate into the NFL more smoothly.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #64
TigerCat Fan
Rookie

Funny you should mention snow !

We're in the middle of a snowstorm right now

Here's a few photos of Doug Flutie (#2) during the Grey Cup in the late 90's which was played here in Hamilton during a snowstorm. He played for the Toronto Argonauts at the time. Toronto won the Cup.

http://slam.canoe.ca/GreyCup96Gallery/nov24_doug.html

http://slam.canoe.ca/GreyCup96Galler..._victory2.html
TigerCat Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #65
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

that looks very cold
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #66
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerCat Fan
Double Barrel wrote:

"And welcome to the Texans family. Hope you can make it down here one day to catch a game. You will definitely be invited to many tailgating activities...so many that you probably won't be able to make most of them."

Gee, thanks!...I'd love to go to Texas one day !.........Your BBQ's are legendary! I'm sure you're gonna love Tim Cheatwood!......He chases Quarterbacks like he's "posessed"

Thats what we need to help Peek...I bet this guy could really shake up Manning...I was wondering if he tried out for Denver, why didn't they sign him???
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #67
Supertex
Rookie

I have seen some footage about this guy and he is a beast. However keep in mind the competition in the CFL and NFL is quite a bit different. If we sent seth payne to the CFL I bet he would be a *Offensive Linemen of the year*. Now we gotta see what this man can do in the real league. I have a feeling he will be flat his first year but maybe be a difference maker in the following year.
Old 01-09-2005   #68
Bigbadjim

Hi Texans ... another Hamilton TigerCat fan here. It looks like you have a few of us interested in your team now that you have signed Tim Cheatwood. From my perspective, you have a very good rush end with lots of speed and tough as nails. I am a bit concerned with his size however. He is somewhat smaller than what you NFL'ers are used to seeing at that position. And he plays the game with a lot of intensity that often gets him into trouble with the officials.
Anyway, I wish him well in his new home. And I wish the Houston Texans well.

Bigbadjim - known as Bigjim on our own website, but it is already taken here.
Old 01-09-2005   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't play the line in our scheme. He will be an OLB.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #70
pik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertex
I have seen some footage about this guy and he is a beast. However keep in mind the competition in the CFL and NFL is quite a bit different. If we sent seth payne to the CFL I bet he would be a *Offensive Linemen of the year*. Now we gotta see what this man can do in the real league. I have a feeling he will be flat his first year but maybe be a difference maker in the following year.
Another ticat fan here,that will be watching the texans this year if tim makes the team.But one thing I would like to say is our field is 110 yrds by 65 yrds, so the bigger you are the harder it is to play on a field that big, so maybe this payne guy could be off lineman of the year, but that is if he does not have a heart attack on the big field.
Old 01-13-2005   #71
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i see him following the Peek method. Getting alot of time on special teams, and some obvious pass situations, maybe 3-5 plays a game until he proves himself.

Clark Haggans went through the same thing with the steelers and is now looking like he has won the starting job and is going to be a very good player.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #72
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Cheatwood to play Fullback????

If you look on the roster for the Texans, they know have Tim Cheatwood listed as a fullback. Anyone know if this is true?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #73
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
If you look on the roster for the Texans, they know have Tim Cheatwood listed as a fullback. Anyone know if this is true?
has to be a typo. That would be an interesting switch...
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #74
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

This will be very interesting...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #75
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Must have been a typo...he's listed here as a LB, along with 13 other Texans that were signed today:

Quote:
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans announced today that they have signed the following player to future contracts:
LB Tim Cheatwood (6-4, 258, Ohio State, first season)

DE Jason Davis (6-3, 320, West Virginia, first season)

LB Anthony Dunn (6-2, 246, Northern Colorado, first season)

LB Tyreo Harrison (6-2, 238, Notre Dame, second season)
T Casey Knutson (6-4, 290, Northern State, first season)

RB Adam Matthews (5-11, 205, Northern Colorado, first season)

LB David Moretti (6-1, 235, Oregon, first season)

WR Nick Narcisse (5-10, 178, Tulane, first season)

QB Preston Parsons (6-4, 236, Northern Arizona, first season)

P Cody Scates (6-1, 205, Texas A&M, first season)

K Chris Snyder (6-0, 190, Montana, first season)

WR Allen Suber (5-9, 189, Bethune-Cookman, first season)
WR Sloan Thomas (6-1, 203, Texas, first season)

SS David Young (6-1, 211, Georgia Southern, first season)
Old 01-19-2005   #76
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is Tim Cheatwood? I am not familure with him at all. Can somone give an info update please?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #77
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

he is the CFL sackleader for the hamilton Tiger-Cats, someone give him a thread please, oh he is a DE, but people are talkin about him being a OLB
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #78
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Who is Tim Cheatwood? I am not familure with him at all. Can somone give an info update please?
Refer to the start of this thread for info.
He's pretty much a CFL sack machine...edgy like Peek.
Old 01-19-2005   #79
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Must have been a typo...he's listed here as a LB, along with 13 other Texans that were signed today:
Are some of these people on this list ones that weren't drafted last year like the punter from A&M?
Old 01-19-2005   #80
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

All are journeyman free agents and I don't think any were drafted except for Sloan Thomas.

Scates was with the Pats in the preseason and cut.

Davis, Dunn, Matthews, and Narcisse were all with the Texans in training camp and preseason '04 and later released. Davis, Dunn and Suber spent time on the Texans practice squad this past season.

Harrison spent time with the Eagles in '02 and '03. He was later claimed and released by the Packers in '04.

Moretti was in Browns camp in '04 and later released.

Most of these guys are camp fodder and some may be NFLE candidates. Of the guys on the list that I've seen, I've been most impressed with Anthony Dunn and Sloan Thomas.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read