Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2008   #41
htexfan
Rookie

Default Re: If you could improve only one thing this year?

I agree that the turnover ratio is huge... and I agree that we would have been in the playoffs last year if those mistakes wouldn't have been made. Can you imagine 4 teams in the playoffs from the same division? We have got another tough year ahead. My dad lives in Nashville and is a huge Titan fan. I keep up with the Titans and am very envious of their running game the last few years. Looks like they got another good one this year. Seems like Kubes could take some lessons from Fisher. No doubt Kubiak has some sort of long term plan but the suspense is killing me. At any rate I hope we sweep the Titans this year so I can rub it in.
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #42
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

running game, it was dreadful last year. Puts less pressure on the passing game and should help reduce the turnovers - as long as fumbilitis doesn't take hold.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #43
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

number of wins.
Old 08-14-2008   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
running game, it was dreadful last year. Puts less pressure on the passing game and should help reduce the turnovers - as long as fumbilitis doesn't take hold.
seriously that would be nice but it seems they over valued/estimated their RB's.....next up aquire someone to tote the rock.

what we can expect is a much better pass rush which should keep the defense off the field & QB's off our cb's

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htexfan View Post
I agree that the turnover ratio is huge... and I agree that we would have been in the playoffs last year if those mistakes wouldn't have been made. Can you imagine 4 teams in the playoffs from the same division?
Nope. I can't imagine that because there are only 2 wildcard spots. It's impossible to have 4, the max is 3. If we would have won those two games, then we would have been in the last spot and the Titans would have been on the outside looking in.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #46
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Point proven.
Old 08-14-2008   #47
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Health :P

We already have a playoff caliber team IMO.. so long as the starters are playing.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2008   #48
htexfan
Rookie

You are right. I wasn't thinking when I said that.
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are right. I wasn't thinking when I said that.
I should have put a smiley on that. Hope it didn't come across too harsh.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #50
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you could dramatically improve only one thing on the Texans this year what would it be? Saying their record doesn't count.

Red zone offense
Running Backs
Offensive line
defensive line QB pressure
Play calling
Cb position
Other?
Please explain your answer.

It was hard for me to decide between running backs and corners but I will go with rb's. I feel like with the exception of the corners our defense as a whole is pretty well built. Coach up the o-line that is already good at pass protection and lets get a runner with some greased lightening. Go baby go!
Intensity.
Ramp it up. Waaay up.

don't just tackle the other guys; CRUSH Them
I want the other teams' RBs to lay down or look for the sideline rather than risk being run thru by our LBs
I want the other guys' WRs to take their eyes off the ball because they know that our DBs will be bringing the pain.
I'm not saying be dirty.
I'm saying be hard-nosed.

...oh and stop giving the ball away. But I've been preaching that sermon all year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #51
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me down in the turnover differential camp.

Turnovers win and lose games in the National Football League.

If we can win the turnover battles we will reach the playoffs.
Old 08-15-2008   #52
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but I think the way to improve on turnovers is to healthy with the vets because they are more likely to hang onto the football better JMHO.
Old 08-15-2008   #53
bollocks
Veteran

My point of emphasis would be the team's general attitude. All too often I see this team play a slow, almost dreary type of football that would imply that this team is content with getting run over by opposing teams. Watching Schaub take that cheap shot (I forget who we were playing), only to have the rest of the team just stand there and watch as though it didn't happen, was disheartening.

We have plenty of great talent on this team, but not a lot of heart. It may sound corny, but heart is as vital as any position in the NFL...and you can't draft it, trade for it, or pick it up in free agency.

Until Kubiak and Co. figure out a way to light a very hot fire under this team's ass, we will never truly be a playoff caliber team.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-15-2008   #54
gary
Hall of Fame

They have to want to win.
Old 08-15-2008   #55
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Intensity.
Ramp it up. Waaay up.

don't just tackle the other guys; CRUSH Them
I want the other teams' RBs to lay down or look for the sideline rather than risk being run thru by our LBs
I want the other guys' WRs to take their eyes off the ball because they know that our DBs will be bringing the pain.
I'm not saying be dirty.
I'm saying be hard-nosed.

...oh and stop giving the ball away. But I've been preaching that sermon all year.

Tough mean dirty nasty bruising

All good adjectives.
Old 08-16-2008   #56
gary
Hall of Fame

Right.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read