Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2008   #61
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans/Saints practice report

It's preseason. I'm more concerned about O-line improvement in run blocking and our 1st team defensive linemen getting a sack or two along with their run blocking than I am about winning.

I'm also very interested in seeing Brink play in the 2nd half. I have a feeling Boyd is our 3rd string QB when the season starts. I wonder if after the game Saturday I'll be having second thoughts on that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #62
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

More coverage of the afterneen practice from WWLTV.com:

Quote:
New Orleans' offense picked things up in the afternoon compared to Wednesday morning, especially in 11-on-11 drills.

While the O-line looked tired and unmotivated in the morning, they were able to come up with much better blocking in one-on-one drills in the afternoon. Mario Williams, Houston's defensive end that was the No. 1 pick in 2006, did make some big plays from the corner.

The big surprise, though, was that the teams stayed in shells this afternoon - helmets, shoulder pads and shorts. We're not sure why they didn't go full pads, and with a game coming up Saturday night against the Texans, they likely won't go full pads on Thursday.
A recurrent theme.

I haven't heard much from the Texans offense. Saturday night will be huge for Chris Brown and the o-line.
Old 08-13-2008   #63
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
After reading these articles, its clear to me that the Saints are MUCH better in at least one department:

Coverage (of their team activities)

There are already at least 3 detailed accounts of the morning practice from the Saints side. ...Why haven't we gotten any updates about our players?
Typically in the case of our leading news source it's because the writers are still waiting to get their hands on the quote sheets that are prepared and distributed by the team media relations/comm depts.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #64
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Typically in the case of our leading news source it's because the writers are still waiting to get their hands on the quote sheets that are prepared and distributed by the team media relations/comm depts.
And McClain isn't quite ready to back down from the "all you can eat" challenge at the local buffet.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #65
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
And McClain isn't quite ready to back down from the "all you can eat" challenge at the local buffet.
Oh lawd.

Is McClain in Mississippi? They are loaded with Popeyes.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #66
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently this is the best we get from our team's beat writer more than 12 hrs into the proceedings:

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...int_pract.html
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently this is the best we get from our team's beat writer more than 12 hrs into the proceedings:

I knoweth not what I doeth.............methinks me speechless me clueless.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2008   #68
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I knoweth not what I doeth.............methinks me speechless me clueless.
Maybe she's got a date with a nice tranny and she's now hunkered down until Saturday. Where are your stinking priorities doc ?
Old 08-13-2008   #69
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
you guys are kinda pathetic ragging on mcclain for his weight. he may not be the best in covering the texans, but i respect the man... yall need to grow up.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #70
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is an utterly terrible article. I would rather she just write nothing at all if she's going to write garbage like that.

Also, it is fair to pick on McClain about his weight, because picking on him about his lackluster "football coverage" doesn't seem to phase him.
Old 08-13-2008   #71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Also, it is fair to pick on McClain about his weight, because picking on him about his lackluster "football coverage" doesn't seem to phase him.
i find it totally irrelevant, but if it makes you guys happy, so be it.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #72
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain's video wrap up of the two Texans/Saints practices is up at The Chronic.

Adibi made a couple of great plays in coverage
DeMeco was smothering Reggie in coverage (Ryans now weighs 251 lbs?)
Molden has 2 picks, 3 PDs, and has the General hot & bothered
Old 08-13-2008   #73
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Who can ever forget Billy Miller catching the pass for our very first ever TD as a team against the Cowgirls? I'm kind of glad to see Miller still going at it myself.
Agreed. Who can forget?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 08-13-2008 at 10:14 PM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #74
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a way to stream the game online for those of us not in Htown or NLA?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 08-13-2008   #75
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Is there a way to stream the game online for those of us not in Htown or NLA?
Yeah. Just go to Sopcast or something. That's what I had to do last season when I was in Arlington (and this season, too).
Old 08-13-2008   #76
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah. Just go to Sopcast or something.
Sopcast?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 08-13-2008   #77
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Sopcast?
Damn, that was quick.

Yeah, Sopcast. TVU Player is another one. There is a website with a link to a ton of games.

http://myp2p.eu/

Bookmart it.
Old 08-13-2008   #78
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Damn, that was quick.

Yeah, Sopcast. TVU Player is another one. There is a website with a link to a ton of games.

http://myp2p.eu/

Bookmart it.
Thanks. Am I missing something? I went to the site and clicked football and the only saturday game they displayed was Oakland-Tennessee?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 08-13-2008   #79
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I've watched plenty of games at http://channelsurfing.net/
Old 08-13-2008   #80
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I've watched plenty of games at http://channelsurfing.net/
Is this a pay service or freebie?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read