Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2008   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Please Remind Me.......................

Why Vaughn H. is no longer a Texan? Was he released?
Old 08-12-2008   #2
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: Please Remind Me.......................

The Falcons offered him more money.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

That's too bad because I thought he played well.
Old 08-12-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, I thought he was a good back up and somewhat interchangeable between safety and cornerback.

If I'm not mistaken, I think he got injured and is out for the season.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Right.
Old 08-12-2008   #6
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Hutchins signed a 4 year contract for $9M....a little beyond the range that Rick Smith had in mind for a nickle back / backup safety.

He injured his ankle the first day of training camp.
Old 08-12-2008   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What ever happened to:
Adimobi Echemandu (sp?)
Michael Boulware
Jason Babin (still on seahawks?)
Old 08-13-2008   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What ever happened to:
Adimobi Echemandu (sp?)
Michael Boulware
Boulware is with the Vikings.
Babin is still with the Seahawks.
Echemandu is with the Raiders.
Old 08-13-2008   #9
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What ever happened to:
Adimobi Echemandu (sp?)
Michael Boulware
Echemandu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl.com
News: Echemandu (hand) left Monday's practice early, the Sacramento Bee reports.
Spin: Head coach Lane Kiffin said the injury could keep Echemandu out of Friday's exhibition game against Tennessee. Echemandu, who is not guaranteed a spot on the final roster, would lose valuable chances to impress his coaches if he is unable to play on Friday.
Boulware
Quote:
News: Boulware was injured during Friday's matchup with Seattle.
Spin: The exact nature and extent of the injury is not known at this point. We'll update his status as soon as the team releases more information

Babin

Babin is with the Seahawks. He had 5 tackles and 1 sack and a fumble recovery. All happened later in the second half, so he may be fighting for a roster spot.

Dom Capers, now a secondary coach with the Patriots, immediately petitioned Belichick to trade a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder for Babin. Capers thought swapping picks with Seattle in the 5th round was just too steep...

Last edited by Seņor Stan; 08-13-2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: needed some dom capers smack
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #10
BornOrange
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Dom Capers, now a secondary coach with the Patriots, immediately petitioned Belichick to trade a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder for Babin. Capers thought swapping picks with Seattle in the 5th round was just too steep...
John McClain mentioned the other day that it was Vic Fangio that really pushed for Babin. For all his faults as a head coach, hiring Fangio as his defensive coordinator and later bringing in Joe Pendry may have been Capers biggest mistakes.
Old 08-13-2008   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Echemandu
Quote:
News: Echemandu (hand) left Monday's practice early, the Sacramento Bee reports.
Spin: Head coach Lane Kiffin said the injury could keep Echemandu out of Friday's exhibition game against Tennessee. Echemandu, who is not guaranteed a spot on the final roster, would lose valuable chances to impress his coaches if he is unable to play on Friday.

I gotta believe Echemandu is just "camp fodder" at this point with Fargas, McFadden, and Bush on the roster.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

at least he can treat his own injuries.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #13
copperfiend
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
John McClain mentioned the other day that it was Vic Fangio that really pushed for Babin. For all his faults as a head coach, hiring Fangio as his defensive coordinator and later bringing in Joe Pendry may have been Capers biggest mistakes.
He may have been pushing for Babin but the front office is still to blame for the pick.
copperfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Von Hutchins is on IR and is out for the year. He hurt his foot on the first day of training camp. It was a similar injury to what Glenn Earl suffered last season.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

That probably would have our luck if we still had him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read