Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2008   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Faggins

Do we really have to sit through another season where he will make some great hits, but get burned for a winning TD, or two in the process.

I am old school and if you do not practice you do not play (chris)

If you cannot read a coverage and your in the defensive backfeild then you do not play. Come on Peety, get your head out in the sunlight and play football or get off the feild.
Old 08-12-2008   #2
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Faggins

Amen!
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #3
bollocks
Veteran

I'm aboard. There are cheaper sources of mediocrity than Faggins should we want such a thing on our roster.
Old 08-12-2008   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Its funny, despite what alot of us around here (including me I guess) think of his game, I can't keep but wondering if we are missing something big. Two different coaching staffs have kept him on the team; There's got to be SOME reason, something that we as 'regular' fans do not see?
Old 08-12-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Its funny, despite what alot of us around here (including me I guess) think of his game, I can't keep but wondering if we are missing something big. Two different coaching staffs have kept him on the team; There's got to be SOME reason, something that we as 'regular' fans do not see?
Petey is a hard worker who will play anywhere the coach wants him to. He just doesn't posess the talent necessary to be a starting CB in the NFL.

Considering that he's been on the Texans roster since year 1, he's accomplished more than most 6th round picks.
Old 08-12-2008   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's the guy that knows "how to get things."

Just guessing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have absolutely no problem with him being our #4 CB... and that's BEFORE Dunta comes back. Molden will probably leapfrog him during the season, and Fletcher I'm sure already has.

Reeves
Bennett
Fletcher
Faggins
Molden

PUP Robinson

The Roberson (?) kid sounds like he's really playing well and may make the 53 man roster.

I'm not a HUGE fan of Faggins but I will stand up for him and say if I was running the team, he'd still have a spot. But he may have a hard time making it next season if Robinson, Reeves, Bennett, Fletcher and Molden are all playing better than him.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2008   #8
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58271 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Petey is what he is. He's average. Nothing more nothing less.

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agress with the average statement, can be average and make a few decent plays or can get burnt.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He is not a star but he's good enough to be on the team at least for this season we'll see about next.
Old 08-12-2008   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary I am not on board with you, His money can go to someone who does not need as much
Old 08-12-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Just one more season?
Old 08-12-2008   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Gary I am not on board with you, His money can go to someone who does not need as much
Starting caliber CBs get big contracts. I don't think he's a huge cap implication for us at the moment
Old 08-12-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

At least untill the other guy really start blending together. I can almost promise you JT that next season or the season after the Texans will not need him.
Old 08-12-2008   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

quality depth is something the Texans need

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Yes it is.
Old 08-12-2008   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're forgetting the common variable throughout those two different coaching staffs - Bob McNair. Maybe Faggins has naked pictures of him or something.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Faggins salery is here.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=98653
Old 08-12-2008   #19
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Remember a couple of years ago, the 2006 season, when the Texans defense had a rough start but were a top 10 defense over the last 10 games? Everyone on the team (especially Kubiak and Dunta) attributed the change to Petey Faggins coming back from an injury and stepping into the starting lineup.

I don't know what happened last year but Faggins definitely wasn't the same player in 2007 that he was in 2006. I have never felt that he was a quality starting CB, but he can be a quality nickle or dime back. He might have a hard time making the team if they only keep 4 CB's, but if they keep 5 one of them will definitely be Faggins.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

We'll have to see how many they carry.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read