Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2008   #21
bollocks
Veteran

Default Re: Kubiak says Earl Cochran is serious threat to start at strongside DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
A bag of chips.

There is the realist in me.
Which is more valuable than anything I would expect to receive from Weaver on the field this season.
Old 08-12-2008   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak says Earl Cochran is serious threat to start at strongside DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Dunta must be pissing himself with fear with the thought of cochran on the field all of the time with him.
Now that was just a tacky thing to say.

I have to admit I thought the same thing.

But I'm not so tacky as to actually post it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #23
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Who thinks Earl can stay healthy an entire season aa a true DE?
Who says any of us will remain healthy all season? Only the man upstairs knows.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #24
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Why would they sign Weaver to a 5 yr high dollar deal?
This was back in Kubiak's first year when he thought he needed a strong-side DE for his conversion to the 4-3 and had no idea he was going to draft anybody #1 besides Reggie Bush.
As it turned out he drafted some guy out of NC State who was the best strong-side DE prospect coming out of college in years.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Who says any of us will remain healthy all season? Only the man upstairs knows.
I know I won't be going up against 300+lb OL everyday so my chances of not being injured a skewed. I think I can handle the daily grinds of riding metro with blowing out a knee.

Can he physically hold up all year long at a new position full time position when he is a hybrid pass rusher type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #26
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

So Mario will be playing weak side DE? Personally, I'd rather have Mario playing strong side and everybody else playing weak side.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #27
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

i wouldn't mind seeing a tandem personally. Weaver on running downs and Cochran on passing downs, seems simple enough and, god forbid, it could keep both of them healthy through the whole season... maybe its just too much to ask for.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2008   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
i wouldn't mind seeing a tandem personally. Weaver on running downs and Cochran on passing downs...
On passing downs, the Texans will likely bring in Colvin at RDE, and move Mario to LDE.
Old 08-13-2008   #29
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
On passing downs, the Texans will likely bring in Colvin at RDE, and move Mario to LDE.
Yeah, Mario is ambidextrous.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Cochran moves inside alot on passing downs. I'd think we'd see alot of MW, OA, EC and RC along the Dline in passing situations. Kalu would be sprinkled in at times at both DE and DT.

I hope Thompson's ready to play pretty soon too. I'd like to see if they put his hand on the ground at time, or strictly at LB.

Old 08-13-2008   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, we gotta lotta backup DBs that would be pretty quick on that D-Line....in passing situations I mean.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #32
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cochran moves inside alot on passing downs. I'd think we'd see alot of MW, OA, EC and RC along the Dline in passing situations. Kalu would be sprinkled in at times at both DE and DT.

I hope Thompson's ready to play pretty soon too. I'd like to see if they put his hand on the ground at time, or strictly at LB.

dude... its AO not OA i felt like a moron trying to figure out who OA was
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #33
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
dude... its AO not OA i felt like a moron trying to figure out who OA was
LMAO! Sorry about that. Maybe I was thinking of Bum Phillips at the time.
Old 08-13-2008   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO! Sorry about that. Maybe I was thinking of Bum Phillips at the time.
and his

Old 08-13-2008   #35
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
and his

LMAO! Damn dude...that's borderline disturbing.
Old 08-13-2008   #36
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I dont care who they make the starter as long as he's the 2nd best DE on our roster. Until Cochran, Weaver, or whoever proves they can hold that spot down and be productive for an entire season they're just keeping Mario's full time position next year warm when he switches over after we draft or pick up a full time RDE in the offseason.
Old 08-13-2008   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Borderline? There was nothing borderline about the disturbedness of that post.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It was extremely disturbing but I thought it was funny.
Old 08-13-2008   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, but I'm a sick bastage!
Old 08-13-2008   #40
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a fan of Earl Cochran since he came to the Texans. I'm not sure he is a NFL quality starting DE, though and, if he's beating out Weaver, then that doesn't say a whole lot for our other DE position. I think Earl is a NFL quality backup unless he has progressed alot in this training camp/offseason and I hope he has.

maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read