Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-11-2008   #1
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aaron Rodgers.

Anyone watching the Packers preseason opener? Rodgers has had a couple of drives and already has a int. (the receiver couldn't handle it). He's been sacked a couple of times but he's been ok, the guy has a rifle for an arm, and his throws seem pretty accurate.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aaron Rodgers.

i am, he looks solid like i thought he would, the int wasn't his fault plus he doesn't have his full compliment of playmakers out there. 1 of the sacks AR took looked just like the one sage took when CT hung him out to dry as Brandon Jackson did the same to AR only it was from the backside. You expect him to have some negative plays just b/c it's his 1st time starting, but the kid looks like he's going to be alright.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #3
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

He played ok, but Cincy's defense is hot garbage. Guess Ocho Cinco was right. I want to see him perform against Minnesota in their first regular season game. That will be AR real test to see if he is really ready cause the Vikings defense should be stellar this year.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #4
bollocks
Veteran

He played well enough to put some ice on the doubters. He led the team to successful drives and had the lead at the end of his field time. I think he'll do fine for the Packers this next season.
Old 08-12-2008   #5
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I just wished those announcers would have shut up for 5 minutes about BRETT FARVE. It got sooo annoying.
And the fact I do not like that, Kornhiesermanschnowser guy!!!!

JMO
Old 08-12-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed it. I was watching the Astros.
Old 08-12-2008   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I missed it. I was watching the Astros.
For what?
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2008   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
For what?
Signs of life?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For what?
For their 5th win in a row and 8 out of their last 10. Finally because they are a Houston team. I have no ties to Green Bay or the Natti - especially when it comes to a pre-season game.

Regular season might be a different story though.
Old 08-12-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching the Astros and the Olympics and since I did not want to hear Brett Farve's name 400 more times I did not watch. Espin needs to shut the hell up about him already.
Old 08-12-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I was watching the Astros and the Olympics and since I did not want to hear Brett Farve's name 400 more times I did not watch. Espin needs to shut the hell up about him already.
And that sir, had a lot to do with it, too!!!!
Old 08-12-2008   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
For their 5th win in a row and 8 out of their last 10. Finally because they are a Houston team. I have no ties to Green Bay or the Natti - especially when it comes to a pre-season game.

LoL, i've got no ties to GB or nati at all either but you gotta admit, the Favre/GB saga has been more compelling than anything the astros have done 5 game win streak and all.

Hell you've even got the olympics. The astros are at the bottom of the totempole at this point when it comes to my sports viewing.
Old 08-12-2008   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was a channel flippin fool last night. I was switching back and forth from the Stros and the Pack game so much I thought my satellite console was going to let the smoke out.

I thought Rodgers did just fine. There were a few times I thought he might've hung his receiver's out to dry, but overall he did well. Right after he got the shit knocked out of him the camera zoomed in on him. He was giving the RB a look that could melt a face off. It was kinda humerous.

Cincy's defense (mainly the front 7) still sucks. I thought the rookie LB Rivers had a few nice plays. Their safety (White, I think) delivered a few slobber-knockers, but failed to wrap up.

Kind of a blah game, but it was football.

*edit: I'd like to add....Kornholio is by far the worst at his job than any I've seen. Just the look of him makes me want to punch him in the face.
Old 08-12-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
LoL, i've got no ties to GB or nati at all either but you gotta admit, the Favre/GB saga has been more compelling than anything the astros have done 5 game win streak and all.

Hell you've even got the olympics. The astros are at the bottom of the totempole at this point when it comes to my sports viewing.
Like Spec, I checked out the Olympics too.

But the Brett Favre saga is not compelling. It's tired, old and boring.

Roger Clemens thinks that Favre is a drama queen.
Old 08-12-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I ave to say, I am impressed with Rodgers. He hasn't publicly lashed out at all this Favre crap, and his play last night was pretty good. The guy has a big-time arm, and his main problem seemed to be the WRs holding on to his passes. With a little time to grow into the starter's role, I think GB might have a pretty good QB.
Old 08-12-2008   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Like Spec, I checked out the Olympics too.

But the Brett Favre saga is not compelling. It's tired, old and boring.
Roger Clemens thinks that Favre is a drama queen.
LOL, yeah you're right but IMO there's just absolutely no reason to watch the astros at this juncture. I mean most teams out of it by this time, You at least kinda look forward to seeing some AAA guys come up to see if they can hang in the big leagues......... but b/c our minor league system is comparable to a port-a-potty right now, we don't even have that!

All i can think of when watching the stros is "dead man walking" & how much it must suck to be playing for nothing for the next couple of months. that probably has something to do with baseball being my 4th favorite sport though.
Old 08-12-2008   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
LOL, yeah you're right but IMO there's just absolutely no reason to watch the astros at this juncture. I mean most teams out of it by this time, You at least kinda look forward to seeing some AAA guys come up to see if they can hang in the big leagues......... but b/c our minor league system is comparable to a port-a-potty right now, we don't even have that!

All i can think of when watching the stros is "dead man walking" & how much it must suck to be playing for nothing for the next couple of months. that probably has something to do with baseball being my 4th favorite sport though.
I actually stay up with the Astros until the start of the NFL season - even when they are sucking.

If you think it sucks now to not to be playing for anything, try and imagine how all those teams and players used to feel when there was only two divisions for both leagues and only the division winners played in the playoffs.
Old 08-12-2008   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The Madden Curse is strong, I expect Rodgers to light it up this year while Favre has the worst season of his career.
Old 08-17-2008   #19
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't fair so well his second outing. He was sacked 4 times, some weren't the lines fault though. One thing I notice is their receivers are droppping wayy too many passes.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Didn't fair so well his second outing. He was sacked 4 times, some weren't the lines fault though. One thing I notice is their receivers are droppping wayy too many passes.
Mr.Mittens ?!

4 wins tops.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read